• Also, I’d prefer it if you could refrain from name calling.

I think you should be careful in who you call “illiterate”.

• I still contend that FDR wouldn’t have waited for Japan to fall without a German DOW.  He would have gotten the Congress to declare war on both Japan and Germany (as Japan’s most powerful ally) then stripped Japan of that ally before defeating them.  It would have been the only way to save BritAIn (better F_alk?) from a successful, future German invasion.  He must have known the predicament Britain was in at that time because he was shuffling “volunteers” and weapons over as fast as he could to help them before the attack on Pearl.  Furthermore, we basically ignored the Japanese until Europe fell even after Pearl - the only excuse for this would be to save the Brits.

Could Germany have defeated Russia?  Yes, if the Brits and French had kept attempting appeasement instead of war, I think Germany could have successfully conquered the Russians, then turned on the French.

Yes i believe that can be argued as well with plausibility. After all this is speculative History!
    OK i have two questions:

1. how much time would you expect a DOW from America to be made against Germany.
    2. What do you suppose Germany would be doing during the time before the DOW.
  • '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Imperious:

Also, I’d prefer it if you could refrain from name calling.

I think you should be careful in who you call “illiterate”.

The first quote was from me, the second was not.  Stop attributing phrases other people type to me.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Imperious:

I still contend that FDR wouldn’t have waited for Japan to fall without a German DOW.  He would have gotten the Congress to declare war on both Japan and Germany (as Japan’s most powerful ally) then stripped Japan of that ally before defeating them.  It would have been the only way to save BritAIn (better F_alk?) from a successful, future German invasion.  He must have known the predicament Britain was in at that time because he was shuffling “volunteers” and weapons over as fast as he could to help them before the attack on Pearl.  Furthermore, we basically ignored the Japanese until Europe fell even after Pearl - the only excuse for this would be to save the Brits.

Could Germany have defeated Russia?  Yes, if the Brits and French had kept attempting appeasement instead of war, I think Germany could have successfully conquered the Russians, then turned on the French.

Yes i believe that can be argued as well with plausibility. After all this is speculative History!
    OK i have two questions:

1. how much time would you expect a DOW from America to be made against Germany.
    2. What do you suppose Germany would be doing during the time before the DOW.

1)  I expect the DOW would be sent within that same year at least, probably before the second fiscal quarter.  Time was of the essense and FDR knew it.

2)  I really don’t have a clue.  If it were me I’d be setting up an invasion of England - but obviously Hitler wasn’t interested in doing that, he wanted them to surrender due to air assaults.  Being as that was the situation, I presume he’d continue is rocket attacks and bomber attacks while utilizing the majority of his ground pounders in Russia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m