Team Imhotep (Axis) vs The Headless Neds (Allies) : the Rematch

• '10

That’s what i think !

According to my calculations, you’re gonna need a miracle to retake Phi or Kwa.

Septimus and I talked about it : we’d love to play another game with you guys after this one.

Maybe you could kick our asses with the Axis, we so need to practice ou allies play !

• I have to say - it’s been an epic struggle, regardless of outcome. This is what we play for.

And I can say yes - Infrastructure and I would like a chance for redemption. 0 - 3 vs Imhotep would be unacceptable!  :-D

• Axisplaya - I’m bringing 2 US infantry, 5 fighters, and a tac bomber to Phillipines.

I’m not attacking your transports in SZ35.

I have all US boats on the SZ, with the exception of the 4 US carriers.

Do you send kamikazes?

I apologize that I can’t send a saved game… the “Select Units to Suicide Attack…” screen came up, and I can’t save it.

• '10

I’m using just 1 kami to stop the bombard, and i’ll have 5 more to take care of the Anzac Cruiser.

• '10

also, the 2 1st casualties are going to be the bombers for Japan.

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 2.8

Game History

Round :19

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 2 armour, 1 battleship, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans
                Giving bonus movement to units
                1 infantry moved from Finland to Vyborg
                      Americans take Vyborg from Germans
                2 infantry moved from Turkey to Greece
                1 bomber moved from Turkey to Greece
                1 bomber moved from Caucasus to Greece
                1 bomber moved from Caucasus to Russia
                2 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 3 cruisers, 5 fighters, 6 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from Java to 35 Sea Zone
                5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 44 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
                2 destroyers moved from 42 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                2 destroyers moved from 44 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Scotland to 111 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 111 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Denmark
                7 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 112 Sea Zone to Denmark
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 127 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 127 Sea Zone to Novgorod
                1 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                1 destroyer moved from 12 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 10 Sea Zone to 3 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Western United States to 3 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 cruiser owned by the Americans scoring 1 hits.  Rolls: 1
                Strategic bombing raid in Russia
                    1 bomber killed by AA guns
                    Bombing raid in Russia causes 0 damage total.
                Battle in Greece
                    Americans attack with 2 bombers and 2 infantry
                    Italians defend with 2 mech_infantrys
                    Americans win, taking Greece from Italians with 2 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                    Casualties for Italians: 2 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry
                    Americans win with 2 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                    Casualties for Italians: 2 mech_infantrys
                Battle in Novgorod
                    Americans attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Americans win, taking Novgorod from Germans with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Americans win with 1 artillery and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Battle in 26 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese defend with 1 transport
                    Americans win, taking 26 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
                    Americans win with 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
                Battle in 3 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer
                    Americans win with 1 destroyer and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer
                    Americans win with 1 destroyer and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer
                Battle in Denmark
                    Americans attack with 7 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans defend with 2 infantry
                    Americans win, taking Denmark from Germans with 7 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                    Americans win with 7 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Battle in Philippines
                    Americans attack with 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese defend with 1 airfield, 2 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 3 fighters, 1 harbour, 5 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Japanese win with 1 armour, 3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -18
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 armour, 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Americans: 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Recording Battle Statistics

Non Combat Move - Americans
                4 carriers and 2 fighters moved from 42 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from West India to Eastern Persia
                1 aaGun moved from Turkey to Caucasus
                2 bombers moved from Greece to Caucasus
                7 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Denmark to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Norway to Karelia
                1 armour and 3 infantry moved from Iceland to 123 Sea Zone
                1 armour, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 123 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                1 armour and 3 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
                1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Scotland to 111 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 111 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
                1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 123 Sea Zone
                2 transports moved from 119 Sea Zone to 123 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Iceland to United Kingdom
                2 transports moved from 106 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
                2 transports moved from 89 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Norway to Finland
                2 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                4 infantry moved from Western United States to Central United States
                1 fighter moved from 3 Sea Zone to Soviet Far East
                1 submarine moved from 93 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 101 Sea Zone to 90 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 90 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                2 transports moved from 117 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 91 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 104 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from Eastern United States to 117 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from 117 Sea Zone to Iceland

Place Units - Americans
                2 destroyers and 2 transports placed in 10 Sea Zone
                1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber placed in Eastern United States
                2 armour placed in Norway
                1 battleship placed in 112 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
                Americans collect 71 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 71 PUs total
                Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs
                Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 86 PUs

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
                Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: games.strategy.engine.data.ProductionFrontier called productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
                Chinese buy 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Chinese

Non Combat Move - Chinese

Place Units - Chinese
                1 infantry placed in Tsinghai

Turn Complete - Chinese
                Chinese collect 2 PUs; end with 2 PUs total

• Well, I have to say - wow. For now, any crying over early round Japanese luck has to end for Infrastructure and I. That was an incredibly lucky round in the battle where it mattered most.

The Anzac battle is 51% victory in Phillipines. It doesn’t get much closer than that.

• '10

Jeez….indeed, the americans were brilliant in that battle…

• DO you use any kamikazes on the brit crz and batt entering the phillipines waters?

• attacking the trans there.

• '10

no kamis vs the brits

Game History

Purchase Units - British
                British buy 1 aaGun, 5 armour and 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - British
                1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Tambov
                6 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Caucasus to Tambov
                1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Ukraine
                      British take Ukraine from Germans
                1 battleship and 1 cruiser moved from 42 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Sweden
                3 fighters moved from Norway to Sweden
                2 fighters moved from 112 Sea Zone to Sweden
                1 fighter moved from Scotland to Sweden

Combat - British
                Battle in Tambov
                    British attack with 6 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    British win with 6 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -9
                    Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British win with 6 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -9
                    Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Battle in Sweden
                    British attack with 6 fighters and 3 infantry
                    British win, taking Sweden from Germans with 6 fighters and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    British win with 6 fighters and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC loiter and taunt with ; British attack with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser; Americans loiter and taunt with
                    Japanese defend with 2 transports
                    British win with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser remaining. Battle score for attacker is 14
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 transports
                    British win with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser remaining. Battle score for attacker is 14
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 transports

Non Combat Move - British
                6 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Tambov to Caucasus
                1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry moved from Turkey to Caucasus
                3 mech_infantrys moved from Persia to Caucasus
                3 infantry moved from Persia to Northwest Persia
                3 infantry moved from Iraq to Turkey
                2 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from West India to Persia
                4 aaGuns, 5 artilleries and 12 infantry moved from West India to Eastern Persia
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Belgian Congo to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                3 mech_infantrys moved from Union of South Africa to Belgian Congo
                1 aaGun and 3 infantry moved from Algeria to Tunisia
                2 transports moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                4 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
                4 infantry and 2 transports moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 119 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                4 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
                2 fighters moved from Sweden to 112 Sea Zone
                4 fighters moved from Sweden to Norway
                1 infantry moved from Norway to Finland

Place Units - British
                2 armour and 1 infantry placed in Persia
                3 infantry placed in Iraq
                British undo move 2.
                3 armour placed in Iraq
                1 aaGun and 3 infantry placed in United Kingdom

Turn Complete - British
                British collect 47 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 47 PUs total

• Fellas, we have a problem. When I was looking over the dice results on my phone today at work, I noticed that there were two US bombardments in the Phillipines battle (one of them hit)… and there weren’t supposed to be any at all because of the single kamikaze. Apparently this old platform we’re using isn’t up to date on that rule. Please let me know if I’m wrong. I didn’t notice it last night when I played, because I was too wrapped up in the moment.

I’d like input from all concerned, but I see two choices:

#1 Take away one hit from the attacker for the first round of combat, add a defensive unit back in for round two, and roll for it to see if it hits. If it does, we have to take away a US unit for round 3, and consult the order of dice rolls, etc… not an easy task, but I think it’s doable.

#2 Reroll the battle with the dicey here, edit the map accordingly, and go from there.

The second option is much easier, but I have to say very selfishly that there’s a very small chance we’ll get those results again. This situation sucks, because even if there had been one more Japanese unit to roll, the battle would have unfolded in a pretty similar fashion. My instinct is that if one Japanese unit (a fighter) existed for two more rounds to fight, it would have hit once, and there would be one more Japanese unit left in defense for the final battle (an armor). I’d like other minds to grapple with this.

Thoughts? Am I even applying the kamikaze rule properly?

• '10

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 2.8

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
                Italians buy 1 bomber and 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Italians
                1 mech_infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Greece
                2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Greece
                1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
                1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Western Germany

Combat - Italians
                Battle in Greece
                    Italians attack with 2 fighters and 1 mech_infantry
                    Americans defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians win, taking Greece from Americans with 2 fighters and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Italians win with 2 fighters and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Italians
                2 fighters moved from Greece to Western Germany

Place Units - Italians
                1 bomber placed in Southern Italy
                2 mech_infantrys placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
                Italians collect 10 PUs (6 lost to blockades); end with 10 PUs total
                Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs
                Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 20 PUs

• '10

@Stalingradski:

Fellas, we have a problem. When I was looking over the dice results on my phone today at work, I noticed that there were two US bombardments in the Phillipines battle (one of them hit)… and there weren’t supposed to be any at all because of the single kamikaze. Apparently this old platform we’re using isn’t up to date on that rule. Please let me know if I’m wrong. I didn’t notice it last night when I played, because I was too wrapped up in the moment.

I’d like input from all concerned, but I see two choices:

#1 Take away one hit from the attacker for the first round of combat, add a defensive unit back in for round two, and roll for it to see if it hits. If it does, we have to take away a US unit for round 3, and consult the order of dice rolls, etc… not an easy task, but I think it’s doable.

#2 Reroll the battle with the dicey here, edit the map accordingly, and go from there.

The second option is much easier, but I have to say very selfishly that there’s a very small chance we’ll get those results again. This situation sucks, because even if there had been one more Japanese unit to roll, the battle would have unfolded in a pretty similar fashion. My instinct is that if one Japanese unit (a fighter) existed for two more rounds to fight, it would have hit once, and there would be one more Japanese unit left in defense for the final battle (an armor). I’d like other minds to grapple with this.

Thoughts? Am I even applying the kamikaze rule properly?

Yes, Kamis have this property : they cancel all bombard from boats, just as scrambling 1 plane does.

Since i’ve no doubts that there isn’t any malicious intention here, i would say, let’s leave it as it is…

solution 1 is complicated. Solution 2 is unfair for you.

When i said, in an earlier post, that you would need a miracle, i had in mind that i can still use 5 kamis vs Anzac cruiser, and that i can still scramble…

ANZAC PLAY :

Exemple 1: you don’t send planes into sz35 to escort your Cruiser, i scramble 3 fgt and use all my kamis = there is no amphibious assault !

Exemple 2: you send just 1 plane in sz35, i scramble and use my kamis, and there is very probably no amphibious assault.

Exemple 3: you send 2 planes in sz35, then i don’t scramble, i just kill the cruiser with kamis, and we have a battle: 1tnk + 3fgt vs 1tnk, 2tac, 3fgt…

So i think it’s over, but we never now, miracles happen sometimes…

So, you can leave it as it is, there is no problem. If you happen to win this battle, i say you deserve it and we’ll be happy to play some more rounds !

• '10

btw, since the program won’t allow me to scramble if i wish so, you’ll have to roll it with the forum dicey if there is to be a battle in sz35 (will scramble only if you send 1 or no plane into sz35).

• Agreed.
    I have nothing against a few more rounds
    I still have issues to solve in my Arctic north :D

• Im gonefor the next 5 days, so I am going to leave our last ditch effort up to Stal.  Our rematch can begin then however!
    I am soooo rusty with axis…

• Thank you Team Imhotep -

I recognize the difficulty for Anzac! Will post tonight.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m