"Tall Paul's" ITALIAN units, detailed & painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

John and others,

@John:

Does I 94 not have decals in the correct roundel for your bombers?

I noticed this is painted on, and you usually have decals on your planes.

––Both “Allworkandnoclay” and I are now both very familiar with I-94 Enterprises decals and what they offer. I’m sad to say that they DO NOT have the “corrected” decals I need. Thanks anyway.

––I know there are about 4 or 5 other decal companies with decals appropriately sized for A&A. Can anyone give some advice, company names, or web-site addresses? Thanks in advance.

Tall Paul

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Tall:

John and others,

@John:

Does I 94 not have decals in the correct roundel for your bombers?

I noticed this is painted on, and you usually have decals on your planes.

––Both “Allworkandnoclay” and I are now both very familiar with I-94 Enterprises decals and what they offer. I’m sad to say that they DO NOT have the “correct” decals I need. Thanks anyway.
    I know there are about 4 or 5 other decal companies with decals appropriately sized for A&A. Can anyone give some advice, company names, or web-site addresses? Thanks in advance.

Tall Paul

Wow, I didn’t know I 94 didn’t have the corrected Italian roundel. That is too bad. :-(

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s some **“In-Process”**pics of the Italian Air Force:
    ––SM.79 (Bomber, Medium)_Desert scheme
    ––BR.20 (Air Transport)_Desert scheme

Enjoy!
    Tall Paul

Bomber, Medium Italian_Desert-x01.jpg
    Air Transport Italy_Desert-x01.jpg

• Great camouflage work.  All those little squiggles and blotches must take a lot of time compared to painting a plane with a straightforward even-toned fuselage.

• Customizer

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

Great camouflage work.  All those little squiggles and blotches must take a lot of time compared to painting a plane with a straightforward even-toned fuselage.

––Yes, “Allwork” is utilizing his professional artist skills to the fullest on these units. Of course they haven’t had any ‘squadron’ markings, alpha/numerics, national ensigns, or small flag decals applied to their tails yet. And the Air Transports will of course have White wingtips and engine nacelle ‘doughnuts’.

The way that I have designed it Air Transports will be the ONLY units to use White for any coloring. Just like these previous German JU-52 Air Transports. IMHO by being VERY OBVIOUS the White coloring not only signifies that this is an Air Transport to everyone,….but sub-consciously reminds you of the White parachutes.
    What do YA’LL think?

Tall Paul

DSCF7906_zps167581c4.jpg
    DSCF7948_zps86138425.jpg

• @Tall:

The way that I have designed it Air Transports will be the ONLY units to use White for any coloring. Just like these previous German JU-52 Air Transports. IMHO by being VERY OBVIOUS the White coloring not only signifies that this is an Air Transport to everyone,….but sub-consciously reminds you of the White parachutes. What do YA’LL think? Â

Sounds reasonable, and additionally there are WWII buffs who will also be reminded of the white-stripe invasion markings that were painted on Allied planes just before D-Day, with the first planes in action over France in the early hours being the paratroop transports and the glider tows.  So that fits nicely.

• Customizer

Guys,

––I almost forgot this “group” shot of the Italian Air Force units in the Desert scheme. This, of course, is only an “In-Process” pic and doesn’t include all of the Desert scheme aircraft.
    There will also be eight C.202 Fighters and two JU-87 Dive Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Aircraft, Assorted Italian_Desert-x01.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, thanks to “Johnson73” we found a source for some (correct) Italian Roundel DECALS.
    Thanks Richard.

––Shown below is an Italian P.108 Heavy Bomber in the Desert scheme with the decals applied. Understand, this is an “In-Process” pic as the ‘tri-color’ band hasn’t yet been applied to the tail. We’re slowly, but surely, getting there. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Heavy_Italian Desert-X01CC.jpg

• '14 '13

Tall Paul,

You have any pics of Italian naval units? I think I want to work on Italy next and could use some inspiration for naval and armor units.

Thanks,

Jluna1273

• Customizer

@jluna1273:

Tall Paul,

You have any pics of Italian naval units? I think I want to work on Italy next and could use some inspiration for naval and armor units.
    ––Sorry, but it will be a while before we get to the naval units. We still have a LOT of Infantry and Aircraft units ahead of them. There have been many fine Italian naval paint jobs presented here on A&A.org that I’d say were “inspiring”.
    Thanks,

Jluna1273

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, it’s been a while in the making,…but all of the Italian Air Force in the Desert scheme are now complete. I’ve gone through and re-named and organised all of the pics. Shown below are the
    C.202 Fighters.
    ––These Fighters have “Squadron colors” of a Green stripe and Brown noses. Notice the “F” decal denoting them as Fighters. Enjoy!

––It’ looks like we’re in for some “Mayhem in the Mediteranean!”

Tall Pall

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S & Brown N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S & Brown N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are the C.202 Fighters in the “Squadron colors” of Green stripes and Green noses. Notice the “F” decal denoting a Fighter. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S&N-02CC.jpg

• '14 Customizer

Very nice!  Those have great detail.

Those are sweet for sure and with the correct roundel. :-)

• '14 Customizer

Yep John, your correct.

This or this is correct

but

NOT This   This is actually Iran’s roundel. The only reason I use it is because the map I made has this roundel.  I wish I would have changed it before I printed it.  Its not so easy to reprint since my map cost me over $500. I think I would have gone with this version.

@cyanight:

Yep John, your correct.

This or this is correct

but

NOT This �  This is actually Iran’s roundel. The only reason I use it is because the map I made has this roundel.�  I wish I would have changed it before I printed it.�  Its not so easy to reprint since my map cost me over $500. I think I would have gone with this version.

Yes, I’m also having a metal map done, and I forgot to have them reverse it as well. I should have written me a note, instead of relying on my memory. Mine is also over $500.00. It is 48x48 for each map. It is still being worked on. I may see if I could change the roundels, but I’ve probably waited too late. We will see! :-(

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, I didn’t get to finish uploading the Italian C.202 Fighter pics before I had to leave hurriedly,….so here are the Red stripe with Red nosed “Squadron colors” below. Notice the “F” decals denoting a Fighter unit. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Red S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Red S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And to finish out the Italian C.202 Fighters we have the Red stripe, Brown nosed “Squadron colors”. Note the “F” decal denoting a Fighter unit. Enjoy.

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Red S & Brown N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Cyanight & others,

@cyanight:

Very nice!  Those have great detail.
    ––Glad you enjoyed them. These are the Italian Fighters from
    O.O.B. 1940 2nd Edition-Europe.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

John and others,

@John:

Those are sweet for sure and with the correct roundel. :-)
    **––Well, I want to say THANKS to R Johnson from over in Tyler as HE is the one that put me on to these decals. They are from PICO ARMOR if I remember correctly.

Tall Paul**

Decals, Pico_Italian Roundels-01.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m