What's the best to buy in the Pacific?

• I am currently playing a game where it’s getting really tight in the Pacific. I have (or so I think) reached a point where I’m not too sure what to buy for the Pacific in terms of ships.

Should I be buying a transport or and some men plus ships? Or should I go all offensive and buy enough material that can a) be used as fodder and b) be used as a killer surface fleet?

I’m not too sure if I should be concerned about taking back islands or manoeuvring in for a kill shot of some sort. Would ACs and fighters be enough? What about cruisers and destroyers to act as extra power/fodder?

Anybody have any suggestions on what to buy?

• Impossible to tell you without knowing which country you’re playing, what turn you’re in, what kind of income you’re looking at, how is the war in Europe going AND (most importantly) what do you already have, what does your opponent have, and where is it all positioned?

• I don’t think Italy should be purchasing anything for the Pacific, it is too hard to send reinforcements through the suez, even with an IC in egypt those troops are better spent defending africa.

• '16 '15 '10

Pacific warfare is primarily about controlling space.  So imho acs and figs are the best choice…since they are versatile and give you spatial dominance.  For offense, bombers aren’t bad either.

Naturally you will need transports and destroyers too.

You do definitely want to take islands–especially those for the USA and UK NO.  And of course it’s worth it to take Philippines whenever possible.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m