• @calvinhobbesliker:

Fix the map so Z109 borders Z118, like it actually does in the game. Right now, they just touch corners

Good point here also

• @jeffdestroyer:

How will the convoy zones work.
    Could you add one item to the toolbar for all nations that acts as a minus 1 similar to flags on TT.

If this does not work, how about a Transport image with damage for convoy markers. (like BB and CV and factories etc. that are damaged.)

Both solutions could be used as last solution. I’ll try doing the convoy stuff automated, however

Still, It will need time, because lately I’m not having too much. And I cannot call a version ‘full’ without all the calculations done … and convoys are showing as a tricky stuff to remember manually

• Hey Func, is there any way the India stats on the info bar could be fixed?  When we place damage markers or other markers on India’s toolbar row, the stat counter counts them and throws the numbers off.  Do you know what I’m trying to describe?

If this is not fixed, it is more difficult to count up TUV for each side, or even TUV for India.  Thanks.

• WHY ISN’T THIS THREAD STICKIED??

• Good news: finally I understand how program convoy raids (it was tricky). Now all I have to do is doing all the maths and such mechanic stuffs. Let’s see if I can end this in a week or so. I’ll add a diplomatic chart to check war status

Anyway, I want add some optionals. Tell me if you want add some to this list:

• German supersubs (german subs convoy damage is 3, default OFF as in OOB)
    • Tech ON/OFF, default OFF
    • Tech tokens (persistent researchers like in AA50) ON/OFF, default OFF
    • Directed tech (like in AA Revised), default is OFF, this should not be compatible with the latter
    • USSR-Japan non-agression treaty (marker to see how many IPCs must pay the breaker of the treaty, default will be 0 as in OOB)
    • ACME wall ON/OFF (limitations on China’s movement), default ON  :-P
    • Exiled government (powers with lost capital can colect income and buy/deploy new units), default OFF  :-P
    • VCs needed to win as axis (default is 14)
    • VCs needed to win as allies (default is zero -it doesn’t apply- but can be set to 14 as well or to another amount)

I cannot add optionals for Canada or Free/Vichy France because that would be too complicated. Other ideas are welcomed  :-)

• Sounds good, Func, just let us know as soon as it’s ready for use!!!  Looking forward to it!

The diplomatic status area will be extremely useful to players like me who are playing 5 or 6 games at once.

• @Funcioneta:

I’ll add a diplomatic chart to check war status

I would like to suggest a “Neutral With” chart, instead of an “At War” chart.

Control markers would be removed as the game progresses.  When all power are at war, then all the control markers are removed. With a quick glance, it is easier to see the short list of who is still neutral with whom, than looking at a longer list of who is at war with whom.

• Good point BadSpeller, but I need those ‘at war’ markers for the convoy raid system

• My work continues at good speed. The convoy raids are working now, with the exception of some small issues that I need fix (France raids and some Atlantic zones). After that, all it lefts is doing the optionals boxes (very easy) and polishing a bit the graphics (more tedious that difficult). It’s possible that I release a version without improved graphics and latter add a fix for graphics and also to correct any small errors that I could miss

The good news is that old savegames work. At least for now  :-)

Edit for my reference: Ontario-CUSA connection fixed, but z109 correction is still unfixed. Done. Also, Nova Scotia-EUSA connection fixed

• Make sure to put an airbase oh Phil, 4 inf on Argentina, and make Mongolia the same color as the other neutrals

• @Funcioneta:

My work continues at good speed. The convoy raids are working now, with the exception of some small issues that I need fix (France raids and some Atlantic zones). After that, all it lefts is doing the optionals boxes (very easy) and polishing a bit the graphics (more tedious that difficult). It’s possible that I release a version without improved graphics and latter add a fix for graphics and also to correct any small errors that I could miss

The good news is that old savegames work. At least for now  :-)

Edit for my reference: Ontario-CUS connection fixed, but z109 correction is still unfixed

Yeaaaaahhhhh!!!  I’m waiting!

• I’m having more problems that I thought. This is a message I posted in aabattlemap tutorial thread

@Funcioneta:

A very important question: is there a limit for the number of powers that can do convoy damage? I can make all the other powers do damage, but the last 2 powers in the list (China and France) cannot do convoy damage, no wonder what I try. I don’t care about China (at least in this module), but France is important because of the Madagascar dd. I cannot change the positions of India and France because it’s needed that axis can raid India’s Income

So, if Stoney’s answer is yes (max number of powers that can do damage is 8 ), then I have a serious problem. I can pass China to the 9th place and India to the 10th place, but still I’d have to count India’s income … the only solution would be maybe including India’s income in Oil row, but then axis cannot raid oil money?  :|

Other option is ignore China and France totally and having in mind that France’s raids must be manually calculated. I don’t like that

And yet another problem. Seems that you cannot raid land territories which number in the list is greater than 256 (ff). I’ll have to change their position in the list, and that’s more work  :cry:

• You can do iiiiitttt, Func!!!

• Another option is use dummy toolbar (India national marker, damaged counters, etc) to include french dds and french cruisers (french starting navy). This way I can cheat and simulate the convoy raids on euro-axis, because it’s highly improbable that France can buy new ships in the game, and also it’s higly improbable that France has an income to raid

Not perfect, but if there is not another solution, I think that I’ll do that  :|

• If France does buy a non-DD or CA, we could just use some other Ally’s units or something…

Keep working!  :-)

• @gamerman01:

If France does buy a non-DD or CA, we could just use some other Ally’s units or something…

Keep working!  :-)

If France buys an CV or BB, axis have lost. Even if it builds an SS, axis have probably lost…

• I’ll add another spots for subs, etc… just in case. But I doubt that it matters in more than 1 each 1000 games or so  :lol: Anyway, it could be a problem for future alternate history mods that I have in mind for the far future  :|

Stingy convoy raid system … what a headache. What were so horrible with the old convoy boxes?  :lol:

• @Funcioneta:

I’ll add another spots for subs, etc… just in case. But I doubt that it matters in more than 1 each 1000 games or so  :lol: Anyway, it could be a problem for future alternate history mods that I have in mind for the far future  :|

Stingy convoy raid system … what a headache. What were so horrible with the old convoy boxes?  :lol:

I’ve always done them manually anyway.  We put ! icons on convoy raiding zones to help spot them.

• Well, the programming part is almost done. I’ll add the optionals boxes and polish a bit the graphics (Mongolia and some areas like India). I’ll make a full but not totally tested version, and then, if some errors appear, I’ll make a fix and polish the graphics until a decent level

Old savegames still work

Problems with frontiers at Canada and SZs near UK fixed. Diplomatic chart done

Argentina now has her 4 infs. Don’t cry for me Argentina!  8-)

The solution for french convoy raids will be Indian boats painted in french blue

• Just post here when it’s done!!  Looking forward to it.

Sea zones are printed on the whole map, now, right?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m