• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, Ladoga allows Russia to build a fleet there and bombard from it.

If the Great Lakes were sea zones, I doubt you could sail up the St. Lawrence River

Calvin, be serious.  There is no flippin’ way the Russians could ever think about building a cruiser or battleship in Ladoga.  :lol:

Sort of like how US would never build a fleet in great Lakes instead of Z101

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

If the Great Lakes were sea zones, I doubt you could sail up the St. Lawrence River

Calvin, be serious.  There is no flippin’ way the Russians could ever think about building a cruiser or battleship in Ladoga.  :lol:

Sort of like how US would never build a fleet in great Lakes instead of Z101

No, you’re wrong.  When Axis has a big fleet in Z91, Z101 is in great danger.  There may very well be times when the US would want to build in the Great Lakes.  So don’t try to turn my criticism back on myself, because it’s a totally different situation.

• Official Q&A

The Caspian Sea is the only unnumbered sea zone.  All other unnumbered water areas are not sea zones, and are not game spaces.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

How does one forget Rome if it’s building 10 inf a turn?

Pretty sure he meant Germany wanted to BYPASS taking Rome over because of the 10 build per turn.

GrandMaster, Calvin is correct.  When a capital falls (Rome), its allies (Germany and Japan) are unable to take control of any of those (Italian) territories.  However, if an enemy takes control of Italian territory, then Germany and Japan would be able to take control by taking those territories out of Allied hands.

It’s the same reason the Allies can’t take control of French territory after Paris falls on turn 1.  As soon as an Axis power takes a French territory, however, it is then available for any Ally to take it over and control it.  Same rules.

Thanks for the help. We went with this this is in the game as well. It just seemed like a silly rule in this particular situation. Nearly all of Africa’s income dissappeared even though German troops could easily stand in those territories undisputed.

• Does Ontario border EUS? Does Alberta border CUS? Does New Brunswick border Quebec?

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

Does Ontario border EUS?

Yes.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Does Alberta border CUS? Does New Brunswick border Quebec?

Probably.  I don’t have final confirmation yet, though.

• 2007 AAR League

Is their a PDF version of the rules to download?

• @Emperor:

Is their a PDF version of the rules to download?

Remember that you always have to wait a few months after release.

BTW, I think you have at least 2 AA50 games to get to(with bold and gamer)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

New channel like Suez? You’d need Quebec and EUSA to pass :-P

• Hi do you guys no where online I can buy more red chips.  I have 3 copies of 1942 and I have Global but in 20 plus hour games we still run out of chips.  I would like to buy about 100 red chips I don’t have to worry about it anymore.  Thanks in advance.

• @Frank:

Hi do you guys no where online I can buy more red chips.  I have 3 copies of 1942 and I have Global but in 20 plus hour games we still run out of chips.  I would like to buy about 100 red chips I don’t have to worry about it anymore.  Thanks in advance.

If you have Global and 3 copies of 1942 and are running out of red chips, you guys are seriously playing too defensively.  Attaaaaack!!!  :-)

If you really don’t want to use a substitute for red chips (like coins or something), I’m selling mine for $1 a piece.  If you buy 20, that will still be cheaper than buying another copy of A&A.  Just mail me your check along with your address, and I’ll send them to you.

• I ordered some similar chips off a gaming web site but thanks for the offer.

• Customizer

Krieg,

Are convoy disruptions mandatory? For example if Germany knows that it will be launching sea lion next turn, may it chose to not convoy disrupt UK that way it plunders  more cash when it captures London?

Thanks.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Krieg,

Are convoy disruptions mandatory? For example if Germany knows that it will be launching sea lion next turn, may it chose to not convoy disrupt UK that way it plunders  more cash when it captures London?

Thanks.

They are optional.

• Actually, I don’t believe they are optional.  Both players are supposed to be on the lookout for convoy disruptions and point them out.  If you don’t want to disrupt the convoy, you have to move your ships away.

Krieg is on vacation for a lil while and asked Calvin and I to answer questions while he’s gone.  If Calvin and I are not in agreement, then I guess you have to wait for Krieg.  Or, if you look back through the FAQ thread, you may find the answer to your question for sure.

But I am quite sure I remember Krieg clarifying that they are actually not optional.  If an enemy ship is in your convoy zone, it is always disrupting.

• Perhaps you’re right. The rulebook and FAQ are ambiguous.

• Krieg,

A question/clarification with Russia in regards to activating Pro-Allied neutrals.  Russia starts at war with no one, so they are not part of the Allies yet and can not enter Pro-Allied neutrals during non-combat movement, right?

If the above is correct, does declaring war on Japan make them Allied and allow them to enter Pro-Allied neutrals or is it only when they are at war with Euro-Axis?

The way we read the rule is that war with Japan fulfills their obligation and allows them to enter Pro-Allied neutrals.

To wit:

pg. 10, under “Friendly Neutrals”, here are the passages we thought were relevant…

“A pro-Allies neutral would be considered a friendly neutral to the US, UK, Soviet Union, and France.”  [side note, why no mention of ANZAC in that sentence of the rule book?  Was that an omission?]

“They [referring to pro-Allied neutral in my case] can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power at war (see Noncombat Move, pg. 21).”

I just wanted a clarification that we read this correctly and war with Japan is intended to allow Russia to enter pro-Allied territories.

Thank you,
    Dave

• @gsh34:

Krieg,

A question/clarification with Russia in regards to activating Pro-Allied neutrals.  Russia starts at war with no one, so they are not part of the Allies yet and can not enter Pro-Allied neutrals during non-combat movement, right?

If the above is correct, does declaring war on Japan make them Allied and allow them to enter Pro-Allied neutrals or is it only when they are at war with Euro-Axis?

The way we read the rule is that war with Japan fulfills their obligation and allows them to enter Pro-Allied neutrals.

To wit:

pg. 10, under “Friendly Neutrals”, here are the passages we thought were relevant…

“A pro-Allies neutral would be considered a friendly neutral to the US, UK, Soviet Union, and France.”  [side note, why no mention of ANZAC in that sentence of the rule book?  Was that an omission?]

“They [referring to pro-Allied neutral in my case] can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power at war (see Noncombat Move, pg. 21).”

I just wanted a clarification that we read this correctly and war with Japan is intended to allow Russia to enter pro-Allied territories.

Thank you,
    Dave

Yes, declaring war on Japan allows them to take neutrals. Thus, my Russia DOW every R1 to take NW Persia on R1 and Iraq R2

• Krieghund is out for several days and has asked Calvin and I to keep up with the questions, so you won’t get any answers from Krieghund for several days.

Calvin is correct, and you are correct.  Russia DOW on Japan on R1 allows them to take over neutrals starting on R1.

• If a US carrier with a British fighter attacks and is damaged, the UK ftr is trapped. Does this mean the fighter cannot defend the sea zone if it is attacked?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m