• '11

Can the Chinese land their fighter in Burma?

• Yes - Burma or Kwangtung (Hong Kong)
    Page 9 of Pacific manual

• If UK pacific units take Persia and Iraq, does the income add to UK Pacific or Atlantic?

• The units don’t have nationality once they are on the board. If the territory taken (in your case, on the Europe board) is on either board, the income goes to that side. So no, income from Persia or Iraq goes to Europe.

• @Jeff28:

If UK pacific units take Persia and Iraq, does the income add to UK Pacific or Atlantic?

London

Does not matter which units take it - all UK units are the same and work together.
    Unless Alpha3 rules changed this (don’t think they did, but still need to read them….) West Canada goes to Europe and West India goes to Pacific, but otherwise the UK territories go by what boards they’re on.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gamerman01:

@Jeff28:

If UK pacific units take Persia and Iraq, does the income add to UK Pacific or Atlantic?

London

Does not matter which units take it - all UK units are the same and work together.
    Unless Alpha3 rules changed this (don’t think they did, but still need to read them….) West Canada goes to Europe and West India goes to Pacific, but otherwise the UK territories go by what boards they’re on.

Nope, no change from Alpha +2 to Alpha +3 in regards to the English units or what territories go to what treasury.

• Thanks
    One of these days I need to go read the Alpha 3 rules
    I saw that you’re already having fun with Alpha 4, Jenn  :-)  I don’t blame you.  I like the idea of starting with historically accurate techs, too

• If the UK and Anzac have declared war on Japan and no state of war exists between Japan and the US, can ftrs/bmrs from the UK or Anzac land in the Philipines? If so, can Japan attack the planes that land in the Philipines without provoking the US into a state of war with Japan?

• @Ol’:

If the UK and Anzac have declared war on Japan and no state of war exists between Japan and the US, can ftrs/bmrs from the UK or Anzac land in the Philipines? If so, can Japan attack the planes that land in the Philipines without provoking the US into a state of war with Japan?

No they can’t land on the Phillipines because the USA is still neutral.

• Thanks Gamer!

• You’re welcome, but I just realized something……

If for some reason the USA is at war with Germany or Italy, then the USA would not be neutral (even though they are not at war with Japan) and then the Phillipines would be available to their Allies.  But normally the USA is always at war with none or all of the Axis at once, right?

So I was assuming the USA was neutral towards all Axis…

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

@Ol’:

If the UK and Anzac have declared war on Japan and no state of war exists between Japan and the US, can ftrs/bmrs from the UK or Anzac land in the Philipines? If so, can Japan attack the planes that land in the Philipines without provoking the US into a state of war with Japan?

No they can’t land on the Phillipines because the USA is still neutral.

However, the Pacific allies may land planes on Dutch islands even if they remain in Dutch control.

• mechs still cant blitz alone unless u get the tech research right?

• '12

@ghr2:

mechs still cant blitz alone unless u get the tech research right?

Correct.

• Can the Brits move troops into French Indochina if they are not yet at war with Japan?

• '12

@Little_Boot:

Can the Brits move troops into French Indochina if they are not yet at war with Japan?

Yes, as neither France nor England are neutral (they just aren’t at war with Japan).  However, even if Paris has fallen, control of the territory will not transfer to the UK.

If France was at war with Japan, but the UK was not, the UK could still move units in to IndoChina (as both UK and France are at war with Germany), provided it was still under French control.

Russia does have special rules for situations like this, though.

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’m sure this has been covered, but want to make sure. During a strategic bombing raid (or a bombing raid on a facility of any kind), can tactical bombers within the zone of the factory be used as interceptors?

We are currently playing Alpha 3.5 if that changes anything.

Thanks

• '12

@kilroynothere:

I’m sure this has been covered, but want to make sure. During a strategic bombing raid (or a bombing raid on a facility of any kind), can tactical bombers within the zone of the factory be used as interceptors?

We are currently playing Alpha 3.5 if that changes anything.

Thanks

Nope.  Tacs cannot intercept SBRs (but they can scramble for sea battles).

• '10

Alpha 3 question

Japan DOW russia, but does not take any territory adjacent to Mongolia.

Later in the game, Russia NCM some units in Kansu, controled by China and adjacent to Mongolia.
    Japan attack Kan on the next turn (where russian units are), does it trigger the mongolian units ? Do they become russian as if they were friendly neutral units activated ?

Thanks.

• @Axisplaya:

Alpha 3 question

Japan DOW russia, but does not take any territory adjacent to Mongolia.

Later in the game, Russia NCM some units in Kansu, controled by China and adjacent to Mongolia.
    Japan attack Kan on the next turn (where russian units are), does it trigger the mongolian units ? Do they become russian as if they were friendly neutral units activated ?

Thanks.

The rule says Russian controlled adjacent territory, not merely Russian units, so because the territory is Chinese controlled the rule would not apply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m