• @reloader-1:

Same size as A&A….

Hmmm - do I hear an echo?

I sure as hell do do do do

• Jack,

Did some measuring of current Axis & Allies tank sizes. No matter the real-world relationship between tank size, the current convention is to stick to a given range, and depending on a tank’s relative size put it either at the top of the range (Panther) or bottom of the range (Type 95), etc.

Here are the measurements: (Length is point to point on longest part of tank / Width is track width)

UK Matilda
    20mm L / 9mm W

US Sherman
    22mm L / 8mm W

GER Panther
    22mm L / 9.5mm W

RUS T-34
    21.5mm L / 9.5mm W

JAP T95
    19.5mm L / 8.5mm W

ITA M41
    20mm L / 9.5mm W

Obviously the Panther is the largest (and widest) tank, and the T-95 is the smallest. Here are my proposed measurements for the French lineup:

Hotchkiss H35
    17mm L / 7.5mm W

SOMUA S35
    19.5mm / 8.5mm W

Char B1-bis
    21.5mm L / 9.5mm W

There is an orderly progression from light to heavy tank, taking into consideration that even the Char B1-bis should be smaller than late war tanks like the Panther. The Hotchkiss is a tad smaller than the current smallest tank, as befits a very early war light tank. Jack, do you like these measurements? The SOMUA and the Char B1 are close in size, but they are very different tanks in appearance and it should be no problem to tell them apart.

• I like what you did and maybe we can work a chart like that into the planes but sadly cutting all new tank molds is not an option.

My options may grow because when I was at GenCon I had a meeting with some money people.  They liked what I was doing and my expansion plans.  The numbers they worked out suggested an investment of 2.7 million dollars.  I am working on the business plan using those dollar numbers.  Once completed and agreed on a deal will be closed.  The agreed on part is the tough part but I will try to make it work.  I have only made one other business plan and the list of detail they have put in front of me is enormous.  You have to account for every penny and that is a lot of pennies.

• Jack,

France isn’t cut yet is it? So we can go forward with at least the French measurements.

• Customizer

an investment of 2.7 million dollars

Great news on the business prospect.

Any way of letting us know some details of the game these guys are planning?

• Hopefully they are going to make their own AA games?

• @Imperious:

Hopefully they are going to make their own AA games?

If they do would you be interested in helping?

• Yes. Unreservedly. No compensation at all would be great with me.

EDIT: French pieces - cut or still not cut?

• Customizer

Helping in what way?  Playtesting?

• @reloader-1:

Yes. Unreservedly. No compensation at all would be great with me.

EDIT: French pieces - cut or still not cut?

I still have to make cad models for them.  And I need to get you the size of the current Hotchkiss.
    Still trying to catch up after GenCon.

• @jim010:

Helping in what way?  Playtesting?

If the funds are there and I reproduce the tanks in a different size then you guys can tell me what to do. Then I shouldn’t have to listen to the echo of complants.  :wink:

Then if we design new product, play testers get there copies free.  :-D

On a different note.  I see FMG is a site Sponsor.  Hey Imp Leader would you add more sponsors?

• Perfect - I think you have a golden opportunity here with a proven distributor network and a dedicated fanbase to make this project a great seller. Feel free to PM me at anytime, and I can’t wait to see (in scale) French pieces!

• I see FMG is a site Sponsor.  Hey Imp Leader would you add more sponsors?

I think so. PM djensen for this.

• Customizer

No complaints here.

You can add me to the list of those willing to playtest.

• I’m more than willing to playtest any game/game components you produce. Plus I will attempt to find other uses for your products.

• I checked the cad model and the French Hitchkiss is 20mm long

Japan’s CHI_HA is 28mm long and the Kyo-Go is 22mm long will be shoot Friday this week.

• It’s relatively simple to scale down the Hotchkiss to 17mm, right? Let us know when you are cutting the French molds!

• Japan’s CHI_HA is 28mm long

Jack,

This is too long. The maximum variation from the smallest tank to the largest should be no greater than say + or - 5 MM from standard AA sizes.

The shape and the color of the tank easily distinguishes the type. People who play these games know exactly the model tank it is and know its history. To model this “heavy tank” by making them twice the size as the others makes them unplayable. These are not supposed to be in scale, but playable in wargames. People who play GHQ and get bent out of shape because the tanks are not correct in some manner are the clear minority of your customers. The people who will support your product are using them with small maps and they need to stay small and compatible with other pieces.

And this is not a complaint it is a fact to help you make the most money on your investment.

• Imp,

I think Japan is already cut (Jack, correct me if I’m wrong). However, the French aren’t cut yet.

• @Imperious:

Japan’s CHI_HA is 28mm long

Jack,

This is too long. The maximum variation from the smallest tank to the largest should be no greater than say + or - 5 MM from standard AA sizes.

The shape and the color of the tank easily distinguishes the type. People who play these games know exactly the model tank it is and know its history. To model this “heavy tank” by making them twice the size as the others makes them unplayable. These are not supposed to be in scale, but playable in wargames. People who play GHQ and get bent out of shape because the tanks are not correct in some manner are the clear minority of your customers. The people who will support your product are using them with small maps and they need to stay small and compatible with other pieces.

And this is not a complaint it is a fact to help you make the most money on your investment.

Not everyone knows.  I believe you get a dive bomber for a fighter from WotC in A&A.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m