• @SS:

Axis roll looks like are Hawks are done. But we know they seem to like being down 3 to 1 first round.  :x

Nice move by Shaw.  :x :x :x :x

Will be a tough climb back, if at all possible since St Louis looks to be a different team than in past seasons.  Tarasenko is tough with that wrister.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Woohoo, Dallas pulled out of Minnesota with a win. Tough win. At one point it was 6 on 3, because one guys stick broke. Intense!!! :-D

• Sponsor

Got 9 points tonight from my Anahiem players, which also tells you how screwed I’ll be if they don’t advance 😁

@Young:

Got 9 points tonight from my Anahiem players, which also tells you how screwed I’ll be if they don’t advance 😁

I’m worried about Dallas getting out of this first round now. They really messed up not closing this series. Their defense and goal tending is not as good as other teams. :-(

@John:

@Young:

I’m worried about Dallas getting out of this first round now. They really messed up not closing this series. Their defense and goal tending is not as good as other teams. :-(

They made it! By millimeters! This would have been a 5-5 tying goal had it fully crossed the line:

That is nuts. Glad Dallas advanced, but they are going to have a heck of a time with either Chicago or St. Louis. Minnesota surprised the heck out of me that they could give Dallas such issues and score so much without Parise or Vanek.

Believe me, I was sweating the whole time, LOL. Dallas has to play San Jose next, I believe. That is going to be a tough series for sure. :-)

LHoffman, it is Chicago or St. Louis. Either way, it is only going to get tougher in the West. :-D

• Sponsor

Dallas is the ugly girl with the big jugs at the prom, of course someone’s gonna ask her to dance… but she ain’t getting prom queen.

@Young:

Dallas is the ugly girl with the big jugs at the prom, of course someone’s gonna ask her to dance… but she ain’t getting prom queen.

LOL, I hear you, but I can hope. Like I said in an earlier post, their defense and goal tending is suspect. Chicago and St. Louis has a better defense and goal tending, and that is why I’m worried.

Dallas’ defense and/or goaltending has been disturbingly porous in the Minnesota series. They allowed even more goals than I thought they would, and I thought they would allow a few. Chicago and St. Louis are much tighter defensively and much more talented than Minnesota offensively. I don’t see Dallas besting either team. But it should be entertaining. I am a fan of Jamie Benn and Co.

@LHoffman:

Dallas’ defense and/or goaltending has been disturbingly porous in the Minnesota series. They allowed even more goals than I thought they would, and I thought they would allow a few. Chicago and St. Louis are much tighter defensively and much more talented than Minnesota offensively. I don’t see Dallas besting either team. But it should be entertaining. I am a fan of Jamie Benn and Co.

Yes, it was disturbing for sure, but it is my team, so I got to pull for them. :-D

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/bruce-boudreau-fired-by-ducks-after-early-playoff-exit-165715925.html

Ha. Well that was fast.

They should have done it before the third period of game seven. What an overrated coach… there are many great coaches out there that would have won if they had the king of star power he has enjoyed in Washington and Anaheim. Buyer beware on this guy.

@Young:

They should have done it before the third period of game seven. What an overrated coach… there are many great coaches out there that would have won if they had the king of star power he has enjoyed in Washington and Anaheim. Buyer beware on this guy.

I didn’t watch the game, so I can’t really comment there. I hear Ottawa is in the market for a higher profile coach and Boudreau may be on top of the list.

• Looks like SJ and Pitts are starting to hit their groove(s)…

That would be a pretty good Finals Series

@axis_roll:

Looks like SJ and Pitts are starting to hit their groove(s)…

I definitely agree. Besides San Jose going I don’t really care too much who from the East makes it. In Pool terms, it would be better for me if it is Tampa. However, I would rather see Pittsburgh go on a personal level. I just have really come to dislike Tampa Bay. More so than Pittsburgh.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@axis_roll:

Looks like SJ and Pitts are starting to hit their groove(s)…

I definitely agree. Besides San Jose going I don’t really care too much who from the East makes it. In Pool terms, it would be better for me if it is Tampa. However, I would rather see Pittsburgh go on a personal level. I just have really come to dislike Tampa Bay. More so than Pittsburgh.

At this point, the Blues would be my choice to win it all as I think their history in the League deserves it, and it would be good for the hockey culture in St. Louis. However, that would be a tall order to get past SJ and than maybe to face Pitt.

@Young:

At this point, the Blues would be my choice to win it all as I think their history in the League deserves it, and it would be good for the hockey culture in St. Louis. However, that would be a tall order to get past SJ and than maybe to face Pitt.

I actually really like St. Louis and think it would be great, as you said, considering their history and for their fans if they finally won.

However, I also like the Sharks a lot. They haven’t been around as long as a franchise, but there are a number of different compelling reasons that people would like to see them win. Thornton and Marleau having never one a cup and being in the later stages of their careers. And the fact that this team has been so hyped in the past, but always failed to deliver. It would be a feel good story for sure.

If the West Champ goes on to win the Cup, whoever that is, I will be happy.

@LHoffman:

@Young:

I actually really like St. Louis and think it would be great, as you said, considering their history and for their fans if they finally won.

However, I also like the Sharks a lot. They haven’t been around as long as a franchise, but there are a number of different compelling reasons that people would like to see them win. Thornton and Marleau having never one a cup and being in the later stages of their careers. And the fact that this team has been so hyped in the past, but always failed to deliver. It would be a feel good story for sure.

If the West Champ goes on to win the Cup, whoever that is, I will be happy.

I second this, I want either one to win, for these reasons.

• Sponsor

Congratulations to all Pittsburg Penguin fans for their Stanley Cup championship.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m