Mega error with the global map! Mayday! Mayday!

• A guy from PORTUGAL will never full understand you guys.

One thing i know: the two most brilliant countries in the world are Germany and USA.

Germany because of BMW and USA because of AA.

• The US has Ford. ( I’d mention GM but since they took the bailout their not as prestigious to me. Even though they do have Cadillac and the corvette. Caddy has a good performance car). Just reppen the us.

• Back on topic, this misallignment of the maps is definitely noteworthy as it will effect naval movement from the panama canal to the pacific…ie which seazones are adjacent to which when you wrap around? Plus its ugly as hell if you have any perfectionist tendancies at all. A lot of guys that have said its not a big deal have complained in the past about smaller errors……just sayin :|.

• I agree with sandwich here. The alignment could be very important to transfer naval units from the West Coast to the Atlantic.

Looking at the current linked up map there are 5 seazones in the Pacific area that border the side of the map and only 3 on the Europe side…. How these link with each other probably needs a clarification. Krieg, you also read this thread?  :-)

Looking at it again, I think you can make a direct move from the West Coast Naval base to the East Coast base… Unless of course Seazone 10 does not border the Western side of the Panama canal.

• @Shakespeare:

I beggin you, please bring back Karma!  :-(

ROFL!

I know exactly what you mean.

• the way the edges line up , a ship on the west coast of US(or Mexico) would need a move of 3 just to get to the west side of the panama canal.That just seems wrong and will definitely be problematic If the US wants to reposition ships between theaters. 2cents given.

• This is making less and less sense to me. If I had to guess why this error is so pronounced I would say (this is pure speculation):

• The pacific map was developed 1st. The main objectiv was to give the feeling of lots of sea zones because the Pacific is huge. One way to obtain this effect was printing North America smaller on the map.

• When developing Europe, a brilliant idea came to reality - increasing the size of Mediterrain Sea with two rows of sea zones instead of one. This allows much more deph in naval battles in Mediterain. The problem was that this to be achieved Africa had to went down on the map and, consequenttly, North America had also to went down on the map. The consequence is that Western America and the sea spaces in AAP40 do not fit with with Central America and sea spaces in AAE40.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

This is making less and less sense to me. If I had to guess why this error is so pronounced I would say (this is pure speculation):

• The pacific map was developed 1st. The main objectiv was to give the feeling of lots of sea zones because the Pacific is huge. One way to obtain this effect was printing North America smaller on the map.

• When developing Europe, a brilliant idea came to reality - increasing the size of Mediterrain Sea with two rows of sea zones instead of one. This allows much more deph in naval battles in Mediterain. The problem was that this to be achieved Africa had to went down on the map and, consequenttly, North America had also to went down on the map. The consequence is that Western America and the sea spaces in AAP40 do not fit with with Central America and sea spaces in AAE40.

That sounds about right… I suppose it won’t affect game-play - but man, it looks really bad.  And I was looking forward to buying these games and NOT having to print out my own map.  Oh well… I’ll be waiting for someone to fix it (IP).  :wink:

• And that’s why you don’t make half of the map at one point and then the other half a year later  :x

• once we get a clear answer on whats adjacent to what, I plan on making a strip map that i can place on either side of the map to show adjacentcies.

• @eggsaladsandwich:

once we get a clear answer on whats adjacent to what, I plan on making a strip map that i can place on either side of the map to show adjacentcies.

For all we know the AAE40 manual could include it already in the Global rules.

• Nah, why include something in the rules that can just be put in the errata 1 month after selling it?  :wink:

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

A guy from PORTUGAL will never full understand you guys.

One thing i know: the two most brilliant countries in the world are Germany and USA.

Germany because of BMW and USA because of AA.

Don’t forget Germany’s contribution to the gaming industry–Settlers of Catan and Dominion games.

• Can Krieghund or other master player answer how we can move naval units from the aap40 side to aae40 side of the map?

• Official Q&A

I can’t really talk about the game until after GenCon.  However, this is addressed in the global rules, so maybe the next preview will provide an answer.

• You went too far guys. Zooming in some parts of the world (for example Europe and Mediterraen sea) was brilliant, but not aligning the maps was something bad to the beautifulness of the game.

Of course there can be a rule saying that if you are in sea zone x then move to sea zone y on the other map, but this is more the logic of portals. A map is supposed not to have holes/dead ends in the middle.

• I see your point MEGAEINSTEIN . In AA50 US & Canada missed by an inch or so, but the sz’s lined up. There was no real problem crossing over. I know in order to blow up Europe/Africa they had to shift stuff around. I printed off a copy of Holkann’s high res global map to check it out. They definitely should have elongated Canada (like on the Euro side) so W US & Mexico would be fairly close. I think its off at least 6-8 inches. Hell Mexico lines up great w/Wisconsin. I guess you can chalk it up to another mistake on Pac.

@Krieghund:

I can’t really talk about the game until after GenCon.  However, this is addressed in the global rules, so maybe the next preview will provide an answer.

Hey did Wotc produce the game clue? Its like a secret passage from the Kitchen to the Study lol :-D

• •Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba territory is adjacent to both Yukon and British Columbia territories.
    •Central United States is adjacent to Western United States.
    •Southeastern Mexico is adjacent to Mexico.
    •SZ 11 adjacent to SZ 64
    •SZ 28 adjacent to SZ 64
    •SZ 51 adjacent to SZ 64. 65. and 66
    •SZ 52 adjacent to SZ 66
    •SZ 64 adjacent to SZ 11, 28, and 51
    •SZ 65 adjacent to SZ 51
    •SZ 66 adjacent to SZ 51 and 52

This was said by Jensen in preview 4.

Looks confusing.

• This map by GrayBlaZe looks very helpful for crossing over near the US (Pac to Euro). I printed a copy as he suggested, it will help.

www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19618.0

• '10

@MEGAEINSTEIN:

what is this? TETRIS? A puzzle? For God sake, what a disapointment in such a fantastic game.

The only units that crossed the map from the eastern end to the western end and back were a few american Planes, Troops, one US-destroyer and a britisch infantry in canada.

What’s your problem?

Don’t buy A&AE40 if this game sucks!

…or design your own map and bring it online.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m