• @kaufschtick:

Agreed, we’ve thought from day one with this game that the 5 player billing it gets is more than just a little stretch. China isn’t enough to keep anyone interested in a game, and now it seems obvious that Britian isn’t either.

I thought it was billed as a 4-player game, with China being controlled by one of the other players?  Though I will admit that 4 players in this game would still not be great, as again whoever plays UK will probably be out relatively soon…

• I’m beginning to think the J3 attack is a tad bit underrated round these parts.

• Ok, if the J1 attack is to strong for the allies, learn to throw a dice. If you can master rolling a dice to get  the number you want, you could easily make the J1 attack that of a suicide bomber. I know learning to throw a dice they way you want is harder than I make it sound, but if it works, the Japan will be reeling from their losses.

• @Panzer4life:

Ok, if the J1 attack is to strong for the allies, learn to throw a dice. If you can master rolling a dice to get  the number you want, you could easily make the J1 attack that of a suicide bomber. I know learning to throw a dice they way you want is harder than I make it sound, but if it works, the Japan will be reeling from their losses.

That’s about the truth.  J1 attack is a no-brainer when you’re Japan.

• I dont roll dice i use http://www.random.org/dice/ Its soooo much better then rigging a games dice throws… like you guys try.

• @Panzer4life:

Ok, if the J1 attack is to strong for the allies, learn to throw a dice. If you can master rolling a dice to get  the number you want, you could easily make the J1 attack that of a suicide bomber. I know learning to throw a dice they way you want is harder than I make it sound, but if it works, the Japan will be reeling from their losses.

This game is so broke people now advocate cheating!  :lol:

• ITs not broken. it just FORCES you to play a certain way if you want to win.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

ITs not broken. it just FORCES you to play a certain way if you want to win.

agreed you just have to figure out how to win against it.

• @Bube:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Great! If you have done so, please feel free to detail these ways to win as the allies.

• be cheap as the UK stop buying normal units ONLY buy people reinforce the burma road and shan state, take the dutch islands as america put everything in pearl harbor expect a loss thats fine, reinforce it with bombers

realize japan cant afford re resupply itself. if you hold out on the first three turns the game is yours JAPAN IS A GLASS CANNON. yes they are crazy strong but hold out. Stop thinking agressively

As america you have 4 strategies

ONE: Buy bombers put them in queensland, have anzac pile its fighters to back you up. then defen the UK

TWO: as america keep buying fleet after fleet japan CANT fight a two front war. never forget this. all you have to do is take the island tough to do i know, but YES it can be done.

THREE: As the Chinese concentrate your attack in the north. it will force the japanese to make a decision. either attack china or the UK.

Four: worst of all but try it anyway…ignore the japanese navy defend where you need to of course, but let the water crash upon the rocks hold out for a few turns and THEN build you make more then them when combined. OR just join UK and ANZAC…its cheap i know but treat them as one power…

• Not bad, swiss.  I like the idea about concentrating Chinese forces toward the North.  Jap fighters can’t be in range of South Asia and North China at the same time, and China can make it’s way toward the money territories…  I have an opponent giving me a little trouble with this strat right now…  It probably won’t work for him, but I see good possibilities in a strat of concentrating Chinese forces toward the North.  Trying to go South and get the Burma road or link up with UK forces or whatever just makes Chinese and UK ground units all in range of the same Jap air.

• yes and you can take ANY territory with the Chinese 12 pointed star on it. Japan is forced to  spread itself too thin in. or concentrate its forces in one front while ignoring the others

• @Autarch:

@Bube:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Great! If you have done so, please feel free to detail these ways to win as the allies.

I gave up trying to “save” India and started playing US and ANAZC as tho they start the war after India falls  2 or 3 turns setting up, the longer India/china holds the better.  US uses DD naval blockers to keep Japan out of range while sending troops/bombers/subs to ANZAC to try and reclaim one DEI even if you hold it for only one turn.  After a while Japan will get worn down.  Won 4 times against J1 attack took 2 or 3 days each game, but got r done.

The fact is after India/China falls there is only 8 IPC difference between Japan and allies. Kill at least one destroyer a turn.

• The problem here is that Japan is going to place a major IC in Singapore. It’s only two spaces away from Australia. The Japanese can place a shuttle service from Singapore to Western Australia, and like with India, it’s just a matter of time before Australia goes away.

• Yes but a port in singapore ignores the land battle in china. also thats like one third their income for a factory you already know the location of. Theres no mystery about placement just plan around that with the classic old man strategy…. inf and fighters.

• Perhaps it should have been like original Pac where only the US could build factories. That would probably even things out.

• @The:

Perhaps it should have been like original Pac where only the US could build factories. That would probably even things out.

Or a bid for Japan where as Briton gets the cash and can place the units anywhere they have units before the game starts. ie units in HongKong or a trany in India. a 12 ipc bid should suffice.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

THREE: As the Chinese concentrate your attack in the north. it will force the japanese to make a decision. either attack china or the UK.

I recommend a fighting retreat to the north. Gradually move your stack further and further away, forcing Japan to commit more ground forces north (and as far away from India as possible). Similar to what USSR had to do in the original game.

I know this abandons the Burma road but we’re talking strategy, not tactics.

This helps delay the fall of India (assuming UK has been building an infantry stack every turn.)

• Yea, that’s what I do. When the Burma road is lost, China needs to become as annoying as possible.

• I used to think that was a viable strategy, but by the time the see-saw battle for the Burma Road is lost, China doesn’t have enough of anything left to provide but the most minor distraction.

Moving the Chinese army to the north early in the game only hastens the collapse of the UK. Japan has more than enough forces in the north to contain it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m