L24 OOB Gamerman (X) v Stucifer (L+51) with Tech!

• 2024 2023

@gamerman01 You are correct. It looks like I used edit mode after the turn was over to move the transport and infantry. But then I changed the territory owner to British instead of UK Pac. However I edited the IPCs to UK Pacific so didn’t notice right away.

• 2024 2023

Very interesting position for the Japanese here, no money islands except Borneo, fleet is stretched thin. US has a high chance to take out a huge part of the fleet off Malaya. Will it be worth it? Getting those two transports would be huge, I think I’ll have to try.

• I want less units on the board!

• 2024 2023

@gamerman01 Long Range Aircraft for the Germans last round is really going to put both the Med and the Russian front in serious peril, your fighters and tacs in Greece can reach 92 without an airbase, while also threatening Bryansk with new fighters built in W. Germany. Something it seems I overlooked while doing my Russia moves. Perhaps the US can get a lucky tech and save the day!

• Among other things that I know, I know we will have fun breaking things

• @Stucifer said

threatening Bryansk with new fighters built in W. Germany. >Something it seems I overlooked while doing my Russia moves. >Perhaps the US can get a lucky tech and save the day!

I’ll have to remember that I have LRA
    12 years is a long time
    The nice little white stripes on the wings will help remind me.

Range of 6 for fighters, wow.

• 2024 2023

I will be commencing my attack on the Malaya fleet shortly. I will roll on the forum similar to the Italian attack on 98, as there is an ANZAC cruiser + fighter in range for follow-up. And you might get lucky 😬

• 2024 2023

Admiral ‘Bull’ Halsey is put in command. Every man to his station. “Hit hard, hit fast, hit often”

The sub misses. My other units get 5 hits, the big guns of the battleship and the carrier aircraft striking true.

86524992-bdc9-479a-b582-6c21c16ae7dc-image.png

Any preference on casualty selection here? I do have one sub.

• 2024 2023

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 3

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Americans
            Americans spend 10 on tech rolls
                Americans roll 1,2,4 and gets 0 hits

Purchase Units - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing PUs for Americans from 63 to 65
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Americans buy 2 carriers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 3 techTokens; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 54 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Queensland to 37 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
            Battle in 37 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Japanese defend with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 2 transports
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/9 hits, 4.50 expected hits

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : 0.17

Savegame

• Oops, I’m coming.
    Busy plotting Moscow’s demise during my G2 purchase vs. badger

• I missed the sneaky ANZ cruiser that is the same color as USA

And Shan State, I see.
    Not good

The sub missed… ok… so average roll at least
    Maybe we’ll get TUVs down to a 1,000 before we’re done

I missed 2 US planes because of Shan State,
    So damage battleship, sink both carriers

• 2024 2023

Disaster for the IJN. Only 3 hits back round one. I take a sub, a fighter and a hit on the battleship.

Round 2 begins…I am assuming maximum defense at this point for you. I get 4 more hits, that will leave you with a battleship and a fighter, unless you prefer to see if I retreat after your counter if you take the Battleship?

• 2024 2023

f982ad6f-a360-402e-8037-72cfdab1c89f-image.png

• Thinking

• I’m keeping the battleship to keep a counterattack possibility alive

• 2024 2023

Your counter-fire gets 5 hits this time, I’m considering my options…

• It’s always interesting when one scores more hits in the 2nd round than the first. Sometimes a lot more

• It’s amazing how missing one tiny thing could cost you a game of G40, I love it

• 2024 2023

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 3

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Americans
            Americans spend 10 on tech rolls
                Americans roll 1,2,4 and gets 0 hits

Purchase Units - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing PUs for Americans from 63 to 65
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Americans buy 2 carriers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 3 techTokens; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 54 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Queensland to 37 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
            Battle in 37 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Japanese defend with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 2 transports
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/9 hits, 4.50 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 2 transports in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    1 submarine owned by the Americans and 1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in 37 Sea Zone
                    2 carriers owned by the Japanese lost in 37 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 3 : 4/8 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 2 transports in 37 Sea Zone, round 3 : 5/6 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                    2 destroyers owned by the Americans, 1 carrier owned by the Americans and 1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in 37 Sea Zone
                    2 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Japanese and 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 37 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 4 : 3/5 hits, 2.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 fighter and 2 transports in 37 Sea Zone, round 4 : 1/2 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans lost in 37 Sea Zone
                    1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 1 transport owned by the Japanese and 1 battleship owned by the Japanese lost in 37 Sea Zone
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 37 Sea Zone
                Americans win, taking 37 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 battleship, 2 cruisers and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 47
                Casualties for Americans: 1 carrier, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 2 transports

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 fighter moved from 37 Sea Zone to Shan State
            2 infantry moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 37 Sea Zone to Shan State
            1 cruiser moved from 28 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers, 2 infantry, 2 mech_infantrys, 2 submarines and 2 transports moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Brazil to 86 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 86 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            2 infantry moved from Brazil to French Guiana
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 26 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            1 mech_infantry moved from Western United States to Central United States

Place Units - Americans
            1 carrier and 1 transport placed in 101 Sea Zone
            1 carrier and 2 destroyers placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Western United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : 0.33
    Japanese regular : 0.33

Savegame

• @Stucifer said in L24 OOB Gamerman (X) v Stucifer (L+51) with Tech!:

Your counter-fire gets 5 hits this time, I’m considering my options…

I can’t figure it out, seems MARTI sometimes puts them in order, other times not.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m