TGC (Germany) vs Kwaspek and DoMan (Allies) - Europe Game 2

• I remember speaking to @DoManMacgee about it before you posted your turn. I asked “if he gives you at least 55% in belo, will you take it?” he said yes, I ran the numbers and it was like 57% so we ran with it!

• @kwaspek104 @DoManMacgee switching to discord

• We are also both impatient players lol. And yeah, I thought that was as good of a deal as we’re gonna get. Especially since the fighters weren’t returning to protect the belo stack, but next turn they could have.

I would agree with your assessment that the game was starting to go in our favor anyway. We probably could have won the long game, but attacker always has the option to retreat. The other thing is the Brits and Americans were waiting in Lenin to possibly mop up what the Russians had started, depending on how the dice went.

• @The_Good_Captain To give more context:

You lost an INF attacking Belo, didn’t attack Russia (2 INF) and sent a Tank to attack Archangel. Put that all together + the fact that we had 57% Odds + the fact that your air was out of position to actually punish a failure + the fact that the US/UK guys in Leningrad could have tried cleaning up if it was a near-loss and the original plan was to “try 1 round of combat and see what happens”.

I was just going to back up to Moscow if the first round of dice went badly but after 1 round of combat our odds jumped to 82% so I just rolled on at that point.

My/Our question to you Re: this game is why you pulled everything out of ME early only to about-face and go back into ME later in the game. We were anticipating a ~60% odds attack for Germany Vs. Moscow at one point earlier in the game, which made us bend over backwards to rush everything into position to keep the odds to just 60% your-favor (instead of something decisive like 85+). Yet, to our surprise, the attack never came, and you pivoted into an econ-game despite having pulled pieces out of the ME previously.

• @DoManMacgee said in TGC (Germany) vs Kwaspek and DoMan (Allies) - Europe Game 2:

@The_Good_Captain To give more context:

You lost an INF attacking Belo, didn’t attack Russia (2 INF) and sent a Tank to attack Archangel. Put that all together + the fact that we had 57% Odds + the fact that your air was out of position to actually punish a failure + the fact that the US/UK guys in Leningrad could have tried cleaning up if it was a near-loss and the original plan was to “try 1 round of combat and see what happens”.

I was just going to back up to Moscow if the first round of dice went badly but after 1 round of combat our odds jumped to 82% so I just rolled on at that point.

My/Our question to you Re: this game is why you pulled everything out of ME early only to about-face and go back into ME later in the game. We were anticipating a ~60% odds attack for Germany Vs. Moscow at one point earlier in the game, which made us bend over backwards to rush everything into position to keep the odds to just 60% your-favor (instead of something decisive like 85+). Yet, to our surprise, the attack never came, and you pivoted into an econ-game despite having pulled pieces out of the ME previously.

Because I already played the 60% game. Been there done that several times now -nothing new to learn there. I’ve also flipped the board economy in Germany’s favor before and forced concession without a fight in Moscow. Since the goal is to cut videos about best practices, the intent was to experiment with a mid-game attempt on the economy (again - given that I’ve already seen the script you just mentioned).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m