Myygames (Allies+58) vs Enno (X) LL OOB

• 2023 '20 '19

@Myygames this week was tough at work. I will play a turn this weekend, not sure whether Sat or Sun.

@Enno said in Myygames (Allies+58) vs Enno (X) LL OOB:

@Myygames this week was tough at work. I will play a turn this weekend, not sure whether Sat or Sun.

All good.

Please note that I will be on vacation starting today. Will return next weekend.

It would be great if you could post also a turn summary for your G turn, thanks.

• 2023 '20 '19

After some deliberation, the axis are ready to surrender.

The game is probably far from over, but the position of the Germans is now rapidly worsening and Japan didn’t get far enough yet to secure a Pacific victory, so the chances of a win aren’t looking that great anymore. Unfortunately personal circumstances also make it very difficult to make enough time available to try to turn this game around (which may be close to impossible anyway).

Congratulations! For quite some time I was reasonably happy with how things were progressing. The swift loss of Scandinavia, including several highly successful strafing attacks by the allies was the turn of the tide in my opinion, although Russia was also doing awfully good with all the extra income abroad. I hadn’t understood fully yet the devastating impact yet of calculated strafing attacks using lots of air and a few expendable units (if any), which is really a LL thing. Without LL, the downside risk is way too large. And with 14 UK air currently flying around Scandinavia, I’m sure lot’s of further strafing attacks would follow.

I came to like LL quite a bit, but I do see more of a focus on air and calculated strafing attacks that makes it feel a little distorted, but that might be because of my first encounter with it, and the fact that I was on the receiving end…

Very well played, this is actually my first loss with the axis in this game (I’ll try to comfort myself that LL is a different beast :-) ).

I hope to get a chance at revenge at some point.

Enjoy your vacation and until we meet again!
    Enno

@Enno

Thanks for the flowers. I agree with you that this game is far from over, but the balance had tipped in allied favour recently. The situation for Germany is not that good with Norway lost, but still not hopeless. Despite that Japan will be able to support soon, steaming into the middle of the board with units. I was surprised you threw the towel, since my thinking was that there is still a lot of possibility left for me to lose this game.

Well, I also think that your personal situation and your lack of time have played a major role in the surrender. I hope it was not my push that lead to your decision; I always tried to make clear that I do not want to rush you.

You were a formidable opponent with almost flawless tactical play. Despite the strafing attacks that you were mentioning there was not much room for the allies to maneuver, and you even proved to see some wholes in my play that I did not. Well done!

I was a little upset by the way you handle edits in that game, since I am really not used to such a strict policy. In the aftermath I also had some situations where I would have liked to edit US turns after UK, but just did not ask because I knew your strict policy. That’s a little annoying, and I think you should revise that.

Please post the game result in the results thread.

Thanks & may the dice be with you!

• E Enno referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m