Map for 1941 axis strategy

• Well thats the new idea. I now prefer a Factory in Manchuria on turn 1.

The assault on Buryatia may even not go so well and thats why the 3 infantry from Kaingsu hitting the 1 Chinese infantry can retreat after a round to Manchuria. Also fighters can land to protect the factory.

IN order to do this you must leave the Hawaii alone and make the DD a “poison pill” which does 2 things:

1. blocks attacks on my transports

2. if US attacks the DD, my fleet is in range to counter.

• @AdamD021:

The word is pwn…or the past tense where it originally appeared…pwned. It orginated from the game Warcraft When you lost to the computer in a multiplayer game on a certain map the screen said so and so was pwned. It was a mispelling that has lead to its current use.

And there’s your gaming language lesson of the day  :lol:

Actually the term originated in the game Starcraft, when a developer wanted to write “owned” when he won a multiplayer game… but made a typo and instead typed pwned… and it stuck.

And on a similar note… the term “zerg” which means rushing one location with as many units as possible… comes from the starcraft race bearing the same name… where the openeing strategy was to bum rush “zerg” the enemy base with small expendable, fast built units hoping for a quick win.

:mrgreen:

• WoW just wow this is great, is there a similar map for the allies as im playing them tonight?

• no and the map needs an update.

I favor my new idea for Japan, a factory on Manchuria on J1 and leaving the US BB alone and instead not invading Philippines ( but you still move the BB in to kill the 2 ships) and you drop off a tank and man, plus the Cruiser for shore shot and the 2 planes with 3 infantry in Manchuria and Hit Buryatia. You will have 3 fighters for this, a CA BB, 1 tank and 4 Infantry. This will clean up about 6 or 7 Soviet Infantry and protect your factory.

The other idea is it does not force japan to make decisions early because if the US player decides to go after Japan, the japanese wont need more transports and can buy naval if necessary w/o worrying about protecting the transports.

lastly, since India falls on J2, if the UK player decides to evacuate it or leave one infantry in India, you actually take Australia and wipe out the 2 British ships with your fighters, and also tale India with light, then when UK hits it back with a larger force you strike it back with all your might and not have to deal with the UK fighter because UK just retook it.

I will update the file soon.

• I just have to say on the map: Beautiful! A work of art.  :-)

• @tarkonis:

@AdamD021:

The word is pwn…or the past tense where it originally appeared…pwned. It orginated from the game Warcraft When you lost to the computer in a multiplayer game on a certain map the screen said so and so was pwned. It was a mispelling that has lead to its current use.

And there’s your gaming language lesson of the day  :lol:

Actually the term originated in the game Starcraft, when a developer wanted to write “owned” when he won a multiplayer game… but made a typo and instead typed pwned… and it stuck.

And on a similar note… the term “zerg” which means rushing one location with as many units as possible… comes from the starcraft race bearing the same name… where the openeing strategy was to bum rush “zerg” the enemy base with small expendable, fast built units hoping for a quick win.

:mrgreen:

Dude, I love Star Craft!  I’m notorious for Zealot rushes! :-D

• I cant find this strategy on the link you provided.  Can you point me in the right direction :) Thanks

• Thanks mate!  :-D

• Hi sorry but the link I followed to here stated you had a map like this for an allied strategy.  Am I incorrect in thinking this is the case?

• its mostly axis, but builds are indicated.

also that map is outdated, for japan i favor a factory in Manchuria on J1 since last year called the ‘Manchurian Candidate’

• Is there some update with the german offensive on G1, with your map Il ? Got some problems with en effective german offensive against russia. My russian oponent is always lucky as hell and give me good counter attack.

• I’d say disregard the “slow game” for Germany.  It prescribes not attacking Sea Zone 6, thought the only justification I see for that move is to have the sub for soak to defend the Baltic Fleet.  When redoing the map, that German strategy should be omitted.

• yes i mostly like it for Japans moves anyway. For japan always build the Factory in Manchuria on J1, take Buryatia and dont invade Phillipines and attack one less Chinese territory, using these forces to take Buryatia.

• i once had the crazy idea to just go for moscow or caucasus
    turns out russians are to strong
    so, barbarossa doesn’t work
    still hate it
    makers should of leats gave it a chance

(plan was: attack east poland with troops of poland, ukraine with bulgaria and 2 guys you ship from africa
    perhaps assault baltic states with guy and canon with transport, and 3 fighters. Bomber and another fighter take down with 2 subs the sz 12 fleet. Second round i would unite eastern front at eastern ukraine, together with tank from france, who can now reach. problem is: russia wacks those troops all the time. anybody who can improve the plan?

• updated map file including ‘Manchurian Candidate’ strategy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vveumnhmwj2

• I think I see a flaw in you strategy.  C1: move 1 Suiyuan inf to Manchuria, move 1 Fukien inf to kiangsu.  Place 2 new inf in Manchuria.

• still, awesome map.

• I think I see a flaw in you strategy.  C1: move 1 Suiyuan inf to Manchuria, move 1 Fukien inf to kiangsu.  Place 2 new inf in Manchuria.

Japanese fighter lands in Manchuria, so its 1 vs 4.

Also on second point your correct, so attack Hupeh with 2 rather than 3 and leave one back in kaingsu.

alternate send 2 from Kaingsu and one from Manchuria and take out suiyuan instead.

• Customizer

I love you maps IL, but you really need to give them better and more descriptive names,
    for example:
    AA50 1941 Round 1 Strategy Map Updated June 9 2009  (would make more sense then calling it HE Phase 1 Final Map with icons copy copy copy copy copy)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m