• Good evening again folks!

I assume many of you have this game.  Which version do you feel gives the Axis the best odds without going through a whole pile of trouble using the editor feature to level things out?

• '17

Hi Derwood,
    I’m familiar with quite a few versions of axis & allies. Older versions generally are in favor of the Allies. In A&A 42 2nd this changed to favoring the Axis to a degree that Axis almost almost win if the experience level is equal. My personal opinion is that the game is actually broken and you need actually quite a high bid for the Allies to even the odds. But perhaps other people have an other opinion.
    Also 1940 global is in favor of the Axis with the current insight in the strategy of the game. A popular strategy for the axis is the attack the US on Japans first turn. Before the comunity discovered its value, the game was in favor of the Allies.
    So, short answer, both 42 2nd and global are in favor of the Axis! And it is actually the Allies that need bids or editing in my opinion ;)

• @Derwood:

Good evening again folks!

I assume many of you have this game.  Which version do you feel gives the Axis the best odds without going through a whole pile of trouble using the editor feature to level things out?

You are talking about that old computer game, aren’t you?

This subforum is dedicated to the Axis&Allies 1942 2nd Edition Boardgame, released in 2012, so a very different game.

Better look in the software subforum:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=53.0

Good luck  :-)

Edit: Thread has been moved to the correct forum, now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m