Giving the Japanese player fits

• If the Allied fleet is protected for a round it can always withdraw towards America.  They can do that plus add a couple plans to defend the Aussies, if australia can survive.  How much equipment though can you freely move around if you have 7 inf in bry to deal with, a fortified China, and a somewhat sizeable allied fleet.  At that point, you are not there to actually threaten Japan just make it respond, tighten up its game play, and hopefully slow it down for a turn or 2, all at no IPC’s spent.  I think it is a good thing for the Allies to force Japans movement as early as possable.  And if you are going Pacific heavy with the Americans it can be re enforced  fairly quickly, or maybe you could send boats up the north pacific, or dump trannies off in Russia.

The 7 inf Bury stack, placed maybe for just 1 rnd is not a game breaking, slam dunk winning move for Russia, but I think it helps, especially if you have an allied fleet on the bottom. And RUS inf in china.  Japan has to have enough equip now both north and south to deal with a 7 inf bury stack and an allied stack.  And in both cases the Allied forces in the area can immediatly withdraw to saftey if they want on the next turn, all at no cost of IPC’s and forcing Japan to react.

• 2007 AAR League

@dondoolee:

If the Allied fleet is protected for a round it can always withdraw towards America.  They can do that plus add a couple plans to defend the Aussies, if australia can survive.  How much equipment though can you freely move around if you have 7 inf in bry to deal with, a fortified China, and a somewhat sizeable allied fleet.  At that point, you are not there to actually threaten Japan just make it respond, tighten up its game play, and hopefully slow it down for a turn or 2, all at no IPC’s spent.  I think it is a good thing for the Allies to force Japans movement as early as possable.  And if you are going Pacific heavy with the Americans it can be re enforced  fairly quickly, or maybe you could send boats up the north pacific, or dump trannies off in Russia.

The 7 inf Bury stack, placed maybe for just 1 rnd is not a game breaking, slam dunk winning move for Russia, but I think it helps, especially if you have an allied fleet on the bottom. And RUS inf in china.  Japan has to have enough equip now both north and south to deal with a 7 inf bury stack and an allied stack.  And in both cases the Allied forces in the area can immediatly withdraw to saftey if they want on the next turn, all at no cost of IPC’s and forcing Japan to react.

IMO the Bury stack is usefull rnd1 but after that I usually withdraw.  The new map makes the Northern and Central routes to Moscow a really long haul, I use that to the allied advantange with delaying tacticts.  Trying to have a confrontation with Japan on the costal territories is a waste of manpower.  If you don’t withdraw the Bury stack on R2, Japan will kill it.

If your gonna use Russia to bolster China, then withdrawing the Bury stack to Stc makes more sense.  You’ll need some offensive punch too, probablly bombers or fighters, but then that weakens your front against Germany.

If you’re up to it, let’s play and see how it works out.

• I certainly would like to play it out, unfortunatly this week I don’t have the luxury, so if you take rain checks

• 2007 AAR League

@dondoolee:

I certainly would like to play it out, unfortunatly this week I don’t have the luxury, so if you take rain checks

Rain check is fine, PM me when you’re ready.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m