• Official Q&A

@TimTheEnchanter:

This one isn’t really AA50 specific, but humor me anyway.  Let’s say I have an AA gun already on a transport at the start of my turn.  During combat moves, that same transport picks up an inf and the inf captures Territory X.  Can the AA move off the transport into Territory X during NCM because it hasn’t moved yet? Or is it locked into the boat because the trn moved during combat and can’t unload again during NCM?

Classic: You can’t put an AA gun and infantry on a transport together.
    Europe, Pacific & Revised: Yes.
    LHTR & AA50: No.

@TimTheEnchanter:

What if it wanted to unload into friendly Territory Y which is also adjacent to the same sea zone?

Only Classic allows unloading into multiple territories, but that’s a moot point in this example.

• @Krieghund:

@TimTheEnchanter:

What if it wanted to unload into friendly Territory Y which is also adjacent to the same sea zone?

Only Classic allows unloading into multiple territories, but that’s a moot point in this example.

just a small addition. You could offload to two territories in Revised with one of japans national advantages as the only way. Tokyo-express I believe it was called.

• Official Q&A

You’re thinking of Lightning Assaults.  That doesn’t apply to this case, either, since it applies only to combat movement.  :-)

• I am under the impression that with the factory technology you can produce 2 units at a factory even if it has maximum damage. However I just looked through the Rule book and FAQs and do not see where this indicated.

• @a44bigdog:

I am under the impression that with the factory technology you can produce 2 units at a factory even if it has maximum damage. However I just looked through the Rule book and FAQs and do not see where this indicated.

I have never heard this.  The rules say the factory tech allows for 2 additional units in production capacity, and gives the example of Germany being able to produce 12 with the tech instead of 10.  Max damage is still twice the territory value, so Germany could potential have 20 damage markers on it… and as long as it has 12 or more it can’t produce units.  On the other hand, a territory with an IPC value of 1 would be able to produce 3 with the factory tech, and max damge on the terit would be 2, still allowing for 1 units of production.  in no case can any factory produce 2 or more units while holding it’s maximum number of damage counters, since you cannot build factories on territories with an income value of less than 1.

• Hmm one more quicky. In a game yesterday there was debate as to whether you can place your chinese infantry into territories captured by china during their turn. The rules say that you can place them in any chinese territory, but is that restricted to territories you started with on the US turn?

• @Trujew:

Hmm one more quicky. In a game yesterday there was debate as to whether you can place your chinese infantry into territories captured by china during their turn. The rules say that you can place them in any chinese territory, but is that restricted to territories you started with on the US turn?

I think someone asked that before and as i remember, Krieg said you can place infantry in newly conquered chinese territories, as long as there are not 3 or more infantry already there before you place.

• @Stoney229:

@Trujew:

Hmm one more quicky. In a game yesterday there was debate as to whether you can place your chinese infantry into territories captured by china during their turn. The rules say that you can place them in any chinese territory, but is that restricted to territories you started with on the US turn?

I think someone asked that before and as i remember, Krieg said you can place infantry in newly conquered chinese territories, as long as there are not 3 or more infantry already there before you place.

You’re right, can’t believe I missed it on page 7. Thanks.

• '10

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I did go through about 12 pages on this board a few weeks ago so I have done some homework.

I just couldnt remember this one:

Germany attacks z6 with subs, UK has a CV and some fighters. However, Germany is also bringing loaded transports.  The subs sink the CV, planes still remain. Now that the subs and planes cannot hit each other, does the attack have to withdraw the tranports to avoid being autokilled, or do the fighters have to withdraw and Germany takes the sea zone and can then land the loaded ground units?

What is the answer here?

• if the fighters hit, they can only hit the transport.

• Official Q&A

Atarihuana is correct.  The fighters don’t land until the battle is over.  Since the fighters and subs can’t hit each other, the fighters will keep hitting transports until they retreat.  When attempting to amphibiously assault from a sea zone defended by fighters, you need to bring something along that’s capable of hitting them.

• yeah i made a bad buy one turn, setting up  a sub/ bomber attack against a pimped italian fleet ( + ac, 2 ftr) but no DD! it was too late when i realized that his planes would shoot down my bombers… i had to buy some DDs for fodder if i dindt want to loose my bombers

• '10

Thanks. Makes perfect sense.  Going to have to kill me some fighters. :-)

• is it possible to hit sz53 with 2 ftr, DD  and sz44 with 4 ftr  on J1 and then in NCM move the 2 AC to sz45?

• Official Q&A

I assume that we’re talking about the '41 scenario, and that the fighters attacking sea zone 53 are coming from the carrier in sea zone 61, and that those fighters will be picked up by the same carrier in either sea zone 51 or 52?

If so, then yes.

• yes 41. and yeah sz61 attacks them.  good to know :) might play an all out sink navy G1/ J1 opening and just concede after half a round if it fails :D

thats sweet that u can risk fighters like that.

• If Germany has 45 can they buy an IC and 10 men?  Would that put them over the 10 unit allowance?  Just wondering…

• Again for Krieghund to answer.

I am under the impression that with the factory technology you can produce 2 units at a factory even if it has maximum damage. However I just looked through the Rule book and FAQs and do not see where this indicated.

I am probably under this impression from early discussions of the techs late last year.

• Official Q&A

@Capt.:

If Germany has 45 can they buy an IC and 10 men?  Would that put them over the 10 unit allowance?  Just wondering…

Yes, it can.  The limit applies to the IC, not to the country.  Ten units can be mobilized in the territory of Germany (or in the adjacent sea zone), as it has an IC and it’s worth 10 IPCs.  Because ICs are not mobilized in territories containing an IC, they are a special case and never count toward the production limit.

• Official Q&A

@a44bigdog:

Again for Krieghund to answer.

I am probably under this impression from early discussions of the techs late last year.

No, you can’t.  Increased Factory Production adds to the maximum production capacity, not to the final number that can be produced.  (IPC value plus 2 minus damage, not IPC value minus damage plus 2.)  If Germany has Increased Factory Production and the territory of Germany has been bombed for 12 or more points of damage, it can’t mobilize anything there until some of the damage is repaired.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m