• If you are looking for custom-made cards, and want an Avery business card size, you are asking for a fair amount of work.  As for graphics, I have somewhere around 5,000 or so WW2 graphics, most of which will not fit on a business card.  Are you expecting to get these for free, or are you willing to pay for them?

I could make them in one day and it would look professional…I don’t need to pay for that.  I could help people make them but the script has top resemble something more ‘dramatic’ in terms of scripting because as they stand now i will fall asleep reading them…

example: German card may read: Our Fuhrer grants you a retrofitted SS panzer division to reinforce your eastern front.
    Effects:
    For every 3 Tanks you buy and place in Soviet territories you receive one free conversion of an infantry division on the western front to a tank unit and it can be redeployed immediately on the eastern front.

• @Imperious:

If you are looking for custom-made cards, and want an Avery business card size, you are asking for a fair amount of work.  As for graphics, I have somewhere around 5,000 or so WW2 graphics, most of which will not fit on a business card.  Are you expecting to get these for free, or are you willing to pay for them?

I could make them in one day and it would look professional…I don’t need to pay for that.  I could help people make them but the script has top resemble something more ‘dramatic’ in terms of scripting because as they stand now i will fall asleep reading them…

example: German card may read: Our Fuhrer grants you a retrofitted SS panzer division to reinforce your eastern front.
    Effects:
    For every 3 Tanks you buy and place in Soviet territories you receive one free conversion of an infantry division on the western front to a tank unit and it can be redeployed immediately on the eastern front.

Well, then, Imperious Leader, I suggest that you get busy and make your own, so that you can sell them with your Axis and Allies expansions.  However, for someone who can crank them out is a day, you are pushing real hard for Crazy Ivan to supply you with his cards.  And if my chart happens to turn up in your games, you better believe that a law suit will soon follow.

• Id only use them if the game was to remedy a sleep disorder…and i don’t make these games

• @Imperious:

Id only use them if the game was to remedy a sleep disorder…and i don’t make these games

If you expect me to believe that, I assume that you also have a bridge in Minneapolis to sell me.  You have been warned.  And for your being in Germany, if you are, a picture of you as Colonel Klink would get you some nice prison time.  I had major headaches with a reprint of a catalogue of captured German ordnance material, because every page had a swastika on it that had to be taken out.

This is your quote from post #33

when you do post them can they be formatted for standard business cards template from avery?  That way it will easily mate up with my paper inventory

That pretty much tells me that you are looking to get something for free and then sell it.  No one talks paper inventory unless you are planning to sell them.  You are really leaning on Crazy Ivan for his card deck.

• :-o
    I have finished a set of cards. They are copyrighted, but I will show a preview to anyone who wants one.
    All 71 cards have a picture along with the advantage text. A few cards are nation specific, but all the rest can be used by any nation. If historic is preferred then they are color coded to accomadate that preferance.
    some of the special advantages last for the rest of the game, but most can only be used on the turn that the card is played.
    Each player draws 2 cards on their turn, and may hold the second draw card if they wish for later, as a defense option, but the first card drawn must be played and used irregardless.
      The variant cards are still in a play test stage, so some may not make it into final production due to any unbalancing problems in game play.
      Card samples:
      Coastal batteries, paratroops, rail guns, motorized infantry, rail movement, submarime interdiction of supplies, extreme bad weather, free technological breakthroughs, the “A” Bomb, and more!
    I have written a short set of rules on how to use the cards as well as a list of the cards with futher information about the events, equipment, or strategies that the represent.
    This project has been undertaken to increase the edjucational as well as fun aspect of Axis and Allies.
    I hope someone someday will be able to include them for everyones enjoyment in online gaming as well.
      respectfully to all,
      Crazy Ivan  :roll:

• I guess i must have missed this:

when you do post them can they be formatted for standard business cards template from avery?  That way it will easily mate up with my paper inventory

That pretty much tells me that you are looking to get something for free and then sell it.  No one talks paper inventory unless you are planning to sell them.  You are really leaning on Crazy Ivan for his card deck.

When i ask for a change in format it is because its easier to print them up. It has nothing to do with selling cards. And my comments are only directed on the concept you elucidated. When i saw your work it was so ineffectual for anything of value I knew i could never use them for AARHE which was my only intention. I do all my own work thank you very much. AARHE is a community effort of sorts and would never be sold to anyone.

no wonder why you stopped posting here-

• Crazy Ivan:

If your willing id like to consider using your cards for AARHE. Perhaps they can add flavor to our variant and allow enjoyment for others who play AARHE.

But playtest them first a bit before you have a decision either way.

Then we can add you as contributor to AARHE.

• :-D
      IL,
        Both I and my business partner, ( my wife ) have put a great deal of time and effort into this project, as I know you can appreciate as much as you do in your many projects. So, I am sure you will understand when I say we would like to try to sell our work, not give it away. I would like to see this project go out to everyone who plays AA and AAE as well as other varients.
    I will keep the public advised as to the availability of our Axis and Allies Varient Cards.
    Respectfully to all,
      Crazy Ivan  :roll:

• Customizer

I like and deslike the idea of cards in the game. They take away action but also they bring random events which can be cool as two games will be very different.

One situation I see really improved with the use of cards is Diplomacy with neutrals IF youre into it. I did some a year ago and hope I can use them to influence neutrals in any map I do.

• Crazy Ivan:

Thats great either way. If you change your mind latter I offer an invitation for that too.

If your selling them they have online companies that print 52 deck of cards with any information you want. They are poker quality cards.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m