7.4.24 Game (start) Report #2
    Global 1940 with Expansion Rules & the following optional rules:
    Rockets
    Heavy Bombers
    Seafire fighter planes
    Jet Fighters
    Japanese Destroyers
    King Tiger & SS Heavy Tanks

Agreed a win can happen through Economic Victory or Axis capturing victory cities per the original Global 1940 rules.

Germany - Josh S
    Italy - Logan S
    Japan - Alex M
    UK - Pat H
    Russia - mkgionet
    USA - Mike K

Report from Late 1942 (round 6) through Late 1944 (round 10)

Round 6 begins with Germany’s navy bottled up east of Denmark, Italy consolidating troops in its capital, the UK sending troops to German shores every turn, Russia halting German advancement into its territory, Japan having complete control over China and running wild in the Pacific gearing up for a major attack on India, and the US contributing a modest amount of support on the European front and struggling to contain/keep up with Japan in the Pacific.

Europe

After the Red Army Conscription in round 5 Russia goes on the offensive, continually pushing German troops back until all Russian territory is reclaimed and attacks are made into Germany to try and gain a permanent foothold on German soil. It seems Russia may have finally accomplished this in round 10, but more likely this is a German plan to lure the Russian Army Group within reach of (3) panzer armies and other troops in order to quickly wipe them out with minimal casualties. I expect to be soundly defeated in round 11. While Japan’s troops in the immediate area were weak, and in order to divert Japan resources away from India Russia attacked Japan on two Chinese fronts in Late 1944.

Germany amassed a massive naval force off the coast of Denmark, make capturing/keeping Denmark a priority, and was finally able to break free into the Atlantic ocean after a massive naval battle against a group of UK, US, and France ships. The original Russian sub from the beginning of the game left this group to sit off the coast of Norway and still survives (at least for now)! Germany’s navy was almost completely wiped out in the attack (and US counterattack) with only a badly damaged super-battleship surviving. D Day has not yet happened.

Germany took over Italy as soon as it had the chance moving almost all troops north, giving up on the Middle East and Africa. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Africa so bare!

Pacific

Japan marched forward and was on the verge of a massive invasion into India. In preparation of this almost all UK forces retreated to West India and a large cIMG_3130.JPG IMG_3131.JPG ounter-attack force was gathered there, as well as constructing mines for the attacking tanks to drive through. The plan worked well as the counter-attack force soundly defeated Japan and reclaimed India. Japan then diverted it’s attention to the money islands and the Russian advance into China.

Japan & the US had massive naval battles near Midway & Hawaii resulting in heavy casualties to both sides. Both navies have retreated to their homelands to form new plans of attack for 1945.

Overall I think the Allies have the edge, but both Axis countries remain strong. No countries have tried to create any additional technical advances. To date, Russia has created 10 rockets, with only 2 hitting, while Germany hasn’t created any rockets yet. To be continued in October…!IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3127.JPG IMG_3128.JPG IMG_3129.JPG IMG_3132.JPG IMG_3133.JPG IMG_3134.JPG IMG_3135.JPG IMG_3136.JPG IMG_3137.JPG

• @mkgionet
    Awesome game :) The images don’t work for me though. :(

• @mkgionet

Great Game Report,

But we cannot open the picture files…

• @The-Captain @barnee Sorry about that, looks like I had to upload each picture one at a time and not all as one upload. Pictures now added!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m