L24 OOB Gamerman (X) v Stucifer (L+51) with Tech!

• While a truly awful result, the subs are gone.

I think I got the edits correct, check me out when I post

• 2024 2023

@gamerman01 Definitely. Juicy target and should give Japan some extra breathing room from having that fleet swing back to India

• And I didn’t lose any air when it was quite possible I would lose them both…
    Game on

• @Stucifer said in L24 OOB Gamerman (X) v Stucifer (L+51) with Tech!:

@gamerman01 Definitely. Juicy target and should give Japan some extra breathing room from having that fleet swing back to India

The dice will speak again soon

• Indeed it is extremely important to erase that Carrier, transports, and subs

• 2024 2023

The more I think about the Med the more I think Germany needs to take Greece if you’re going to contest it. Ability to build an airbase or a mIC is big. Can even use it to defend a transport in SZ100 if you’re feeling cheeky, I do that in PtV sometimes.

• 🙂
    Talk all the A&A or whatever you want, I welcome it, it doesn’t bug me.

• 2024 2023

I’ve been doing a loosely Italy-first strategy as the Allies in a few games, you either force Germany to invest in the Med giving USSR extra time (big in PTV where they get so much more income) or cripple them rather quickly with convoy subs. Still, Japan is usually the weakest link if you can coordinate the Allied containment.

Your earlier comment about being pecked to death as Japan…that is exactly my strategy. If I get LRA as the USA - your poor boats, sir!

• Killing Italy fleet fast is an excellent strategy, too bad you don’t get all that extra money from BM now
    But I couldn’t even pick off an NO island like I did against Oysteilo

• I gotta say, this is one heckuva Italian army going East. Loss of Italian fighter I1 was massive.

• And the advantage of Greek Yugo and Greece is a lot of convoy protection.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition

Game History

Round: 2

Research Technology - Italians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by British from Iceland: 1 bomber
            EDIT: Adding units owned by British to Gibraltar: 1 bomber
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 fighter and 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 unit repaired.
            1 bomber and 1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to 98 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Libya to 96 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 96 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 99 Sea Zone to Syria

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Syria
            Battle in 98 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 1 fighter, 2 submarines, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports
                    Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 98 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter in 98 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 submarines in 98 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Italians
                    British roll dice for 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports in 98 Sea Zone, round 2 : 4/8 hits, 3.50 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Italians, 2 cruisers owned by the Italians and 1 submarine owned by the Italians lost in 98 Sea Zone
                    2 destroyers owned by the British and 2 submarines owned by the British lost in 98 Sea Zone
                    Italians roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 bomber and 1 fighter in 98 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports in 98 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/6 hits, 2.83 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Italians and 1 battleship owned by the Italians lost in 98 Sea Zone
                    1 destroyer owned by the British and 1 cruiser owned by the British lost in 98 Sea Zone
                1 bomber owned by the Italians retreated
                British win, taking Syria from French with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 fighter, 1 tactical_bomber and 2 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is -20
                Casualties for Italians: 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                Casualties for British: 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers and 2 submarines

Non Combat Move - Italians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 98 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser and 2 destroyers
            Turning on Edit Mode
            1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Libya to 96 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 96 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Greece to Bulgaria
            1 armour moved from Yugoslavia to Eastern Poland
            1 aaGun and 2 artilleries moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            1 mech_infantry moved from Northern Italy to Romania
            1 bomber moved from 98 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 97 Sea Zone to Yugoslavia
            2 aaGuns and 3 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 aaGun moved from France to Northern Italy
            1 armour moved from Greece to Romania

Place Units - Italians
            1 fighter placed in Southern Italy
            2 mech_infantrys placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 98 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,4,3,6,2,6,4,6
            Italians collect 13 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 13 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Greece: 1 fighter

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians regular : 0.67
    British regular : 0.33

Savegame

• 2024 2023

@gamerman01 Makes sense. 4 subs will on average convoy away 8 IPCs-6 to take out 12 if you have Yugo + Greece.

• OK, figured it out between putting in tater tots and then shrimp. The other foot will fall on G3. I can’t let the 2 transports and carrier go, simple as that.

• @Stucifer said in L24 OOB Gamerman (X) v Stucifer (L+51) with Tech!:

@gamerman01 Makes sense. 4 subs will on average convoy away 8 IPCs-6 to take out 12 if you have Yugo + Greece.

Italy normally has 8 and 4 subs would usually stop them all but not always.
    Germany’s 4 would always be lost

So 4 subs takes away all 12 every turn usually
    But with all 12 Italy, 4 subs take 8, and even 6 subs can’t surely take it all away, just more than 1/2 the time.
    Other considerations, you mentioned German ability to build facilities on Greece.
    Italy taking Greece, Germans don’t have to go down there and take it, they can get in Russia faster
    But Yugo to Italy normally means some Yugo guys get to fire twice.

• I didn’t explain it very well, but all Italy definitely means more money to the Axis every turn, and/or more Allied ships to stop it. It’s just painful to see some subs getting convoy damage 2X every round.

• 2024 2023

Is there a post I missed with NCM or are you still working on that?

• It’s down there a couple posts -
    Couple hours ago

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m