What are your plans for the North Africa sculpts?

• I’m going to use them in the same way my group uses pillboxes from a reprint of D-day.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '18 Customizer

Hi @Nuts, welcome to the forum!!

RE: new units, I think there are some fun options and at least one no-brainer: if you’re playing G40, those Somua S35’s go right in as drop-in replacements for the blue T-34s in G40! Finally!!

• Pzkpfw IV’s should also go right into the german armor unit mix, of course, especially for the first few german tank builds, along with the ubiquitous Panthers and a Tiger or two from 41.
    • For G40 the CMP Trucks and LRDG Jeeps can do the same for British Mech Inf., since both the Italians and Russians (and French… sigh) already use use a Truck/Truck-ish sculpt for Mech Inf anyways.

The problem with the rest of the units is the limited number of powers with the sculpts available.

• The Tactical Bombers are great but if you aren’t already into G40 then you’re only getting a handful and for only a few powers. Do the British and Americans get them? I only see German & Italian Tactical Bombers so far.
    • The Sd.Kfz armored cars make for great Light Armor pieces, but there’s only Germany and Italy represented.
    • The 6-Pounder’s can swap in/out for British artillery in most systems. I don’t play with dedicated AT guns - and then, only the British have a sculpt.

There’s the multiple copies & paint option, of course… but if you’re buying multiple copies to paint units you’re much better off looking at all of the incredible community support and high-detail sculpts that have been created for A&A at places like HBG, IWNGU, Combat Miniatures, and even my own web store.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m