L23 - PtV - Mr_Stucifer (X+5) vs Gorshak (L)

• 2024 2023

@Gorshak True, but looking ahead, I do not see a route to anything other than prolonging my defeat.

For Japan- Sniping those 3 transports makes it so I cannot land in Queensland and hope to it this round. Reinforcements are 2 turns away if I try.

UK’s air force makes holding Burma this round also highly unlikely, I would need to build an airbase to scramble defenders. Even if I hold it, India will be unassailable for 2 more rounds, depending on buys.

The opening moves against USSR were a gambit I thought might serve to make it easier on Germany to take Stalingrad and Caucasus, but my follow-through with Germany was poor.

@MrRoboto said in L23 - PtV - Mr_Stucifer (X+5) vs Gorshak (L):

Congratulations, @Gorshak

This is your 3rd win and you are now officially ranked and will qualify for the playoffs.

However, unfortunately your PPG dropped despite winning…

😅😅😅😅

Thank you.

I also agree with many of your points regarding the league system (i will answer there too). By chance I was recently looking at the league system as this is my first season playing here.

I also wondered that you could lower your score by winning a game or that high ranked players sometimes dont want to play beginners as that would lower their points regardless of the outcome of the game.

@mr_stucifer said in L23 - PtV - Mr_Stucifer (X+5) vs Gorshak (L):

@Gorshak True, but looking ahead, I do not see a route to anything other than prolonging my defeat.

For Japan- Sniping those 3 transports makes it so I cannot land in Queensland and hope to it this round. Reinforcements are 2 turns away if I try.

UK’s air force makes holding Burma this round also highly unlikely, I would need to build an airbase to scramble defenders. Even if I hold it, India will be unassailable for 2 more rounds, depending on buys.

The opening moves against USSR were a gambit I thought might serve to make it easier on Germany to take Stalingrad and Caucasus, but my follow-through with Germany was poor.

Maybe Japan should have finished off the Russian factory earlier, so that it could get income from the siberian territorries.

Anyway it was a good game. I enjoyed it :)

• 2024 2023

@Gorshak Yeah, I wondered about that too, in the end I think it draws too much energy from breaking China at Yunnan and holding the Money Islands. The IPCs are pretty meager in comparison to the investment needed. I love the addition of the factory there, but I think it’s in Japan’s interest to leave the USSR be and make them attack you first.

I would welcome a rematch, don’t want to hurt your rating too much by winning against me again though 😛😛

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m