barnee vs VictoryFirst EXP Game 3 Boxes 1 (unfinished)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@VictoryFirst here’s a shot with bigger units at 50% Idky I shrunk em. Just being stupid I guess lol

Screenshot from 2023-08-07 02-50-28.png

@VictoryFirst I got place all fckd up. It won’t affect our game but it’ll look better for Box Place. Use this one while I get it sorted. Has the Corps moved in Bryansk.

place.txt

@VictoryFirst OK, I think I got it sorted, mostly lol. What was happening was, the trigger that places the “BoxFctry” which allows you to place in the Boxes, was in the same trigger as the other stuff that placed, making it, the BoxFctry, place before them.

Reason is, that “Changer” who owns Box Fctry, goes first in turn order. Same as in a SZ, whoever is before someone in turn order, they will place first.

Anyway, got it so it looks the way it should at Game Start now. I thought I had place figured out, but the “aaGun” is an anomaly and not placing the same as other units.

My suspicion is, that when triplea was originally created, that the aaGun was hardwired in to place as “infrastructure” the way bases do currently.
    All Infra places first, currently, so idk, I never compiled the code from git. Tried a couple times, but too stupid lol.
    Otherwise, they place according to there order in the xml.

Regardless, it shouldn’t really matter, as one should move the AG marker, Army/Corps token to the board when in use imo. It’s just for appearance anyway, but I like things to be consistent.
    That way, when there’s a problem. there either all wrong or all right as the WHO would say lol.

Then again, it could just be my Teutonic heritage showing lol.

At any rate, I’m gonna finish dialing in and update. Not good to wait too long between updates :) which I did. :)

Small dosages :)

As Glenn Campbell says in True Grit “small fire is Ranger policy.” The Duke frowns and throws a big log on the fire lol

heh heh ok, I’m stopping :)

@VictoryFirst here’s a fresh Waffen Pnzr

waffen_panzer.png

looks a little sharper. Idky it doesn’t look as good in Timetable. I gave changer the new one too. Anyway, old one was blurry to me.

@VictoryFirst got the AGs sorted :)
    Screenshot from 2023-08-11 00-03-49.png

Still gotta do the Specials and the Pacific Ships, then I’ll reup to git.

• Hi, sorry for the silence. Thanks for explaining how the placement works. I thought that you could maybe use the off-map boxes to move all the units to that box, then add the landmines, and then move all the units back, in case the order matters in which units move into the territory.

One other option is to add grey landmines that just fill up the place, but don’t have any game impact. When you then move a real landmine into the territory, you could perhaps swap the placeholder for the real one, but that might not work too.

It would be nice if you could assign specific place coordinates to a specific unit, without everything shuffling around when you move stuff in and out.

Yeah, the LMs couldn’t be placed in the sea at first lol.

It is now a lot more clear to me how the LMs currently work, and I think it will work out not as badly as I thought. If you get used to the colors, I think it will work out a lot better than the previous method, which was using the comment log. The colors are more of a visual cue.

Also, I have no idea what went wrong with the places, I didn’t understand anything what you said lol. I guess I am a bit inexperienced with this stuff :)

• Hmm, not sure what went wrong, but after I added the new place you gave me, I got this error:
    b95d78a7-afee-49e8-ab72-dff3392a651a-image.png

• I think I understand. Lots of stuff in the place are appearing twice. I don’t know if I did that lol, but I am going to try to figure out how to fix it.

• Alright, I figured it out. I did something wrong lol. The place is fine. But the new units you gave me are breaking the game a bit lol. Italy has a different color, and lots of unit images are missing, including all the infrastructure. I am going to temporarily switch back to the old units and try to bust out the Allied turn.

I am following all the moves on my own board by the way. It’s super cool! I find that it is much easier to do your turn on a real board than on a screen because online you miss that overview.

Still pulled off a stoner move in sz 109. I placed those two DDs there, thinking your subs would only defend at 1 lol. Now the Royal Navy isn’t really that royal anymore :)

• @VictoryFirst right arm. So did Italy turn blue ? I’ll resend latest Units folder. Delete or remove current units folder and replace.

Did you open individual unit folders and look to see if infra was there ? and if Italy was a different color ?

• @VictoryFirst ok sent you the latest main units folder that has everybody’s units folder.

• @VictoryFirst said in Vicyory vs barnee EXP Game 3 Boxes 1:

I am following all the moves on my own board by the way. It’s super cool! I find that it is much easier to do your turn on a real board than on a screen because online you miss that overview.

That’s Awesome !

@VictoryFirst so according to our LM Box, Rostov/ 100 SZ should be orange.
    Screenshot from 2023-08-12 18-11-55.png
    Red would be for due south, caucasus.

Heh heh, I can’t even follow my own guidelines :) but since it has a info box, should probably change to orange.

It’ll take a bit to get the hang of, but if we stay as consistent as possible, then it’ll eventually become 2nd nature :)

@VictoryFirst here’s the place again place.txt

it’ll have 8 SZ dialed. Was off because of the xml is why i reverted, so you can use this one if you want.

Gonna flip the JPN Pacific ships, so same as oob, and then reup. They’ll be a little smaller, got em at 85%. w/e for now. help tell em apart :)

• @barnee

OK, I think I will pull off the risky move. MacArthur, pissed off about the Japanese invasion of the Philippines, orders an immediate assault on the Japanese Home fleet.

You have the option to scramble and to use desperate measures, the kamikaze airplanes. It is actually very weird that those are allowed to happen this early in the game (it’s probably like 1942 now), but heck, it’s a game, not the real war :)

I hope those kamikazes won’t roll too well… in my test run you got three hits, and I actually lost the battle lol :)

Exp Game 3 US3 scramble - kamikaze.tsvg

• @VictoryFirst heh heh i have to close one eye to see lol. Be a bit

oh yea thought u might do this. Full scramble

I get two extra dudes if you land :) I think thats how it goes :)

• @VictoryFirst oh yea all 6 kamis on the bb

@VictoryFirst remember you gotta take your CV as a hit first. :)

It’s on lol :grin:

@VictoryFirst unless a different unit before CV lol

I’m quite high lol

• @barnee @The-Captain

Hmm, is that still the case with Kamikazes? I mean you do target the BB with the kamikaze, so it would be weird if I have to assign the hit to the CV. I guess that only counts in a normal battle where I need to assign hits. Is this right, Captain?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m