• hehe Imperious you forgot to comment on their ideas on Eire and Mongolia…

• I added them to the revised neutral list. comments noted.

• umm what did you change? (I am compiling phase 2 at the moment)

I see Eire now has 1 INF. But their suggestion was that IRA is pro-Germany and anti-British…

Mongolia still has 1 INF though. So you don’t agree with that one?

• Eire is +3 in uk 's camp

mongolia had a relative small army one infantry is generous… you think 2 infantry “looks” better? does it have to do with japans strategic advantage to attack them and gain one extra movement toward moscow by going thru them?

• @Imperious:

Eire is +3 in uk 's camp

Why should Eire be pro-UK? The IRA hates British people

• Yes but the rest of Ireland saw germany for what it was. IRA was a small part of possible pro-german attitude.

• Mongolia would make a big advantage for Japan as a launching point into Russia, perhaps if you split it into 2 so that it would cost the same amount of movements to get to Yakut, placing 1 infantry on the Manchurian border.

• WE cant make map changes like that… of course we can but the variant is made to be played with the existing map. No territories are to be altered or people will say its too different from what you are used to play. Id sooner make Mongolia have more forces or become impassible like Himalayans.

• um no I thought we were thinking of reducing Mongolia’s military to 0 INF…

I think “Gen AlexanderPatch” sugguested that Mongolia’s military is too small.

anyone know about Mongolia?

actually why didn’t Japan just go through Mongolia in WWII?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Mongolian_Army

the reason was because it was pro soviet during WWII… Check this out… I say give it 1 Infantry, Pro Soviet…

GG

• Okay so GG is right. But we should increase it to 2 INF, because if not the once Japan captures it and then it would march unopposed all the way to Moscow.

Not if there is some kind of Non Aggression Treaty in place… Remember this place is Pro Soviet, i.e. Soviet Territory… Plus considering the amount of men they had that is an accurate Representation… My way of Handling it?

Non Aggression Treaty
    If Mongolia is invaded Russians place 3 Siberian Shock Troops and a tank there for free.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Non Aggression Treaty
    If Mongolia is invaded Russians place 3 Siberian Shock Troops and a tank there for free.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

“…However, Soviet Red Army troops in Mongolia amounted to little more than instructors for the native army…”

Yes but if it “was” invaded…

• Lets just keep it at 2 inf and also impose a movement of 1 into mongolia due to poor terrain… that way tanks are at least stuck.

If you guys want we can add extra forces from Soviet stocks we can do something like OOB has under soviet-jap non aggression

Good Idea, but don’t you think we should do that to several territories?

GG

• Nah. Some of them aren’t that crucial as Mongolia

• well it does not hurt to hear him out… what do you think? currently movement restrictions to Mongolia, Himalayans, Sahara, possibly sinkaing-- due to desert, also alaska, argentina, switzerland, finland due to frozen/mountain  conditions?

• currently Himalayans is still out of bounce, unless other Neutrals
    you guys thinking of changing that?

Non Aggression Treaty
    If Mongolia is invaded Russians place 3 Siberian Shock Troops and a tank there for free

a rule to artificially place forces in the territory when its attacked is unrealistic
    a treaty is just a diplomatic thing

Okay so GG is right. But we should increase it to 2 INF, because if not the once Japan captures it and then it would march unopposed all the way to Moscow.

the right tool should be used for the right job
    putting 2 INF there is unrealistic

I prefer the terrain modelling solution

• How about this.

The allies would not have violated any neutralities, therefor, only the axis can. But, if the axis do violate neutrality, then the ally that liberates it would controll it(signifying that the neutral country would join arms against the aggressors) until once again taken over by the Axis.

The Sahara and Himalayas were geographically impassible, however, the other countries were a political thing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m