John Brown's Painted G1940 Set - by Spitfire38

• '17 '16 Customizer

Been wondering what the hell I was going to do with Anzac, thanks for the ideas, and thanks for all these pics, they look great! I love seeing others’ work!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@siredblood:

Been wondering what the hell I was going to do with Anzac, thanks for the ideas, and thanks for all these pics, they look great! I love seeing others’ work!

Yes, Spitfire does amazing work. Glad that the pictures can help you. :-)

• '16 Customizer

@John:

Pretty soon, hopefully this weekend, on my metal map thread, I will be posting pictures of Spitfires UK Europe and UK Pacific forces that he has painted for me.

I will also be taking pictures of my German Naval Fleet, as well as the Luftwaffe for the first time on my metal map.

The reason I’m adding my German pieces, i painted, is that the UK Europe is the only country done, on that side of the map, so it would look weird.

I will be taking pictures of where the starting setups would be if you were playing Global 1940.

So on the Pacific side, everything is done, except the US. There will be a couple of American planes, I just painted, and some American Flying Tigers, Spitfire painted, that are on the map.

Early 2017,

In the mean time, until I get those pictures put on my thread, those of you that haven’t been on the forums long, this thread is dedicated to the work, Spitfire is doing for me.

Enjoy! :-)

John

Looking forward to those setup photos! Your German pieces will look good on the board, I’m sure.

@Spitfire38:

@John:

Pretty soon, hopefully this weekend, on my metal map thread, I will be posting pictures of Spitfires UK Europe and UK Pacific forces that he has painted for me.

I will also be taking pictures of my German Naval Fleet, as well as the Luftwaffe for the first time on my metal map.

The reason I’m adding my German pieces, i painted, is that the UK Europe is the only country done, on that side of the map, so it would look weird.

I will be taking pictures of where the starting setups would be if you were playing Global 1940.

So on the Pacific side, everything is done, except the US. There will be a couple of American planes, I just painted, and some American Flying Tigers, Spitfire painted, that are on the map.

Early 2017,

In the mean time, until I get those pictures put on my thread, those of you that haven’t been on the forums long, this thread is dedicated to the work, Spitfire is doing for me.

Enjoy! :-)

John

Looking forward to those setup photos! Your German pieces will look good on the board, I’m sure.

I actually took posted the pictures, yesterday, on my metal map thread. Check them out. :-)

It has been a long time since Spitfire has had anything to show, but he just finished, my US PACIFIC FORCES.

I thought he did an amazing job on these.

He asked me to take pictures, of the pieces, he painted for me.

I hope you enjoy these. :-D

John

US PACIFIC AIR FORCE

IMG_1245.JPG

US PACIFIC NAVY

IMG_1244 (2).JPG

US PACIFIC GROUND FORCES

IMG_1243 (9).JPG

US PACIFIC INFANTRY

IMG_1242 (3).JPG

• '17 '16

Alright… you talked me into it… SOLD… I’ll give you $5 for all of them…  :-D

@Wolfshanze:

Alright… you talked me into it… SOLD… I’ll give you $5 for all of them…  :-D

LOL, I wish they were that much, but it is well worth, the wait.  :-D

• '17 '16 Customizer

I love those US ground forces! Just imagine all those in use in game, crazy!

@siredblood:

I love those US ground forces! Just imagine all those in use in game, crazy!

Yes, that would be insane, lol. To bad, most will never see the light of day. Unless you come up with your own game or play with house rules. :-)

• '16 Customizer

Thanks for the photos John! They look great all lined up in formation.

Your welcome buddy! Anytime. :-D

**US EUROPE FORCES

US EUROPE AIR FORCE**

IMG_1564 (2).JPG

US EUROPE NAVAL FORCES

IMG_1566 (2).JPG

US EUROPE GROUND FORCES

IMG_1567 (2).JPG

US EUROPE INFANTRY

IMG_1568.JPG

Just wanted to congratulate Spitfire38. He graduated from college and is now working.

He will no longer be painting my global set.

Unfortunately, he is very busy.

From this point on, I will finish the global set, myself.

I’m currently on Germany, and will be painting the Italians, Russians and French to complete my set, then I will continue with Facilities and Global 36 and it’s, expansion sets.

These will be on my thread, "John Brown’s Painted Axis and Allies Pieces."

Just wanted to thank you, Spitfire38, for working for me these past few years.

It has been a pleasure.

This doesn’t mean Spitfire38 will not paint future things for me, because I never say never, but it will be awhile before he paints again, except maybe, for himself.

Congrats brother, once again, and thanks for helping me get started, into painting, as well as others, here on the forums, and on youtube, as well.

Cheers, to you Brother, and all fellow painters who have helped me! :-D

John

• '16 Customizer

Hi John, and all others looking in on John’s set.

Thank you for the kind words - it’s been a pleasure to work with you and make your creative visions into realities! After so many pieces, it is hard to not finish the project myself. But I’m most happy that you were inspired to paint your own and have found enjoyment in it. It’s a wonderful hobby to share, so I’m glad I could provide some guidance in any way possible. I look forward to some partnerships (or playtime!) in the future, perhaps!

For anyone who corresponds with or works for John, I can tell you that he is exceedingly patient, encouraging, and reliable. I’m sure you’ve seen this from his presence on this site. My activity over the last few years has died down, but it is great to see the community still strong!

Best wishes with your set, JB!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m