• Sverige class looks great also. but about the Greek soldier it also can pass as any other  Balkin infantry.

i would also disagree about the polish infantry only working for them. The Dains, the Czechoslovakians, and the Swedish would fit also with the polish infantry. Czechoslovakia will probably be included in the 1936 game

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MftBM30EqYU/Tgh-1SpN8RI/AAAAAAAAFA8/NFMfHHdK1e8/s1600/Denmark%2B-%2B1940%2BJan.%252C%2BDenmark%252C%2BPrivate%252C%2BJutland%2BDivision.jpg

http://www.grantsmilitaria.com/militariaphotos/militaria_images.asp?key=104

http://www.ww2incolor.com/other/BE085317.html

the idea about the subs needing special rules are you think it should be 1 atk and 2 def instead?

• i would also disagree about the polish infantry only working for them. The Dains, the Czechoslovakians, and the Swedish would fit also with the polish infantry. Czechoslovakia will probably be included in the 1936 game

Well, you may be right about the pre-39 Czechoslovaks and post-39 Slovaks.  I’m not so sure about the Danes.  As for the Swedes, I think that their M26 helmets have more of that “sallet-type” look characteristic of German helmets and so would be better served by a German in a different color than by a Pole in a different color, as would the Finns and Hungarians, whose helmets are pretty much the same as the “Stalhelm.”

the idea about the subs needing special rules are you think it should be 1 atk and 2 def instead?

Well, I’m not sure.  Maybe just for neutrals?  Or perhaps giving them a one-shot “sneak defense”?  The thing is, neutrals, obviously, have no need to attack, and so in game terms can’t make much use of attack-oriented pieces.  (This, btw, is why the Dutch bomber ought to be played as a tac, not as a regular bomber, since regular bombers are almost useless defenders.)  This is where the “scale” of the game comes into play, because in a game on such a large strategic scale, the differences between strategic attack and tactical attack as a part of a defense inevitably get muddied.

• Yeah, looking at them again, I think I agree with you that the Fokker G.I. would have been a better choice than the Fokker T.V., as neutrals and minors need tacs more than regular bombers, and the G.I. is a cool-looking and interesting design.  But given that HBG made their TV Mosquito-sized, his T.V. works OK as a tac, so I’m thinking that adding another Fokker to the line-up is a low priority.

• not sure what this is about but i’ll throw some names in the hat:

Australian Coast Watchers
    Canadian Air Troopers
    German Sub Pens
    MacArthur Royal Palace (+ his personal plane B-17 Bataan)
    Peenemunde
    German Ski Patrol

any of these help or am i way off base?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@DrLarsen:

Yeah, looking at them again, I think I agree with you that the Fokker G.I. would have been a better choice than the Fokker T.V., as neutrals and minors need tacs more than regular bombers, and the G.I. is a cool-looking and interesting design.  But given that HBG made their TV Mosquito-sized, his T.V. works OK as a tac, so I’m thinking that adding another Fokker to the line-up is a low priority.

Hopefully this pic helps the discussion here. Brit Mosquito and Halifax next to ivory Fokker TV.

0613120739.jpg

• @Variable:

@DrLarsen:

Yeah, looking at them again, I think I agree with you that the Fokker G.I. would have been a better choice than the Fokker T.V., as neutrals and minors need tacs more than regular bombers, and the G.I. is a cool-looking and interesting design.  But given that HBG made their TV Mosquito-sized, his T.V. works OK as a tac, so I’m thinking that adding another Fokker to the line-up is a low priority.

Hopefully this pic helps the discussion here. Brit Mosquito and Halifax next to ivory Fokker TV.

Thanks, yes I think that does help.  It looks to me as though the TV gives the neutral player the option to go either way, but the sizing does seem closer to tac than regular bomber.

I just got my order, btw, Coach and I’m impressed!  You really do great work!  One thought that I have off the top of my head at first glance: the axis minor’s “mustard yellow” and the neutral’s “yellow green” are so close to being the same color and yet… not quite.  For future color runs, I’d recomend either more contrast or no contrast; having them the same color allows for mixing and matching, having clearly different ones allows them to be clearly distinguished, but having them that close seems like an the “worst-case-scenerio” to me (color-wise, that is).

But that’s just meant to be “for future reference” constructive criticism.  Overall, examining all these new pieces has me almost giddy with all the possibilities!

• @Variable:

i don’t know if it helps the conversation but it did make up my mind. I’m going to use ivory for my pro-allied neutrals, light grey for pro-axis, white for strict neutrals, orange for mongalians. I would like to ask are you ever going to sell the neutrals in individual units? I just want 14 white inf., 4 ivory, 3 light grey and 4 orange oh and maybe 5 yellowish green artillery for china.

Eventually? Yes. However, not likely before the Russian set comes out. Right now, they are still the “latest and greatest” set from HBG.

• Customizer

Are the Russians still planned for a June 30 release? Sure am looking forward to those sets.

It’s looking like it will be a bit behind. Similar to what happened with the Italian Brown Minors, Coach was not happy with the color match to oob Russians. So he told them to do it again. We’d rather it match well than rush it out. They are usually very fast at fixing their errors. I should have more info in a few days.

• can i make a suggestion for the future?

Now you can take this with a gain of salt if you like but don’t give a release date until you’re 95% you’ll make the date. It’s frusrating as a customer to hear about delays and it must be frustrating on your end to hear the same question of when when when all the time. Speak in vague statements like mid-summer, early next year, in time for X-mas. Once you get to a point your sure you can make a date, set the date and do an announcement. Telling us every peice that will be in the set, all the colors it will be done it and the date it will be availible. Until the annoucement stick to the “We are working on a French set it, It should be out early winter in time for x-mas. We would like your input on what to include.” It will help generate buzz about the set’s release and as we get closer to the day build antipation. Knowing that there will be no delay.

Sorry if there was any confusion on the date. The HBG site says it’s a “target date” which seemed vague enough to describe when to expect it. We try to give an actual date as a target so everyone knows when to check in on the set and roughly when to expect it to be available. Sometimes it can be delayed by color issues or additional sculpt mark-ups. But it usually has fallen within a few weeks of the target date as the factory has been very reliable overall. We add a pre-order option when a delivery date is known for sure so you can get a bit of a deal on the set and know exactly when to expect your pieces. However, thank you for your suggestions.

• I hope you realize that it was 100% meant to be helpful

@Yavid:

I hope you realize that it was 100% meant to be helpful

For sure! On the contrary, I’m happy you pointed it out. I simply didn’t realize that people were banking on the date since no pre-order had be done yet. No worries! We’re always looking for ways to improve. If that means changing the wording on our site helps, I have no problem doing that. It’s actually a good time to catch me since I’m going through some other stuff on the site too. Thanks Yavid!

• Customizer

@Yavid:

can i make a suggestion for the future?

Now you can take this with a gain of salt if you like but don’t give a release date until you’re 95% you’ll make the date. It’s frusrating as a customer to hear about delays and it must be frustrating on your end to hear the same question of when when when all the time. Speak in vague statements like mid-summer, early next year, in time for X-mas. Once you get to a point your sure you can make a date, set the date and do an announcement. Telling us every peice that will be in the set, all the colors it will be done it and the date it will be availible. Until the annoucement stick to the “We are working on a French set it, It should be out early winter in time for x-mas. We would like your input on what to include.” It will help generate buzz about the set’s release and as we get closer to the day build antipation. Knowing that there will be no delay.

Well said.

• '16 Customizer

I must say, when you guys release pics of the pieces, or even a list of pieces, it makes my heart speed up a bit with excitement  :-D And I really appreciate the fact that you let us give input in the pieces you create… it really brings a whole new aspect of customer service. Thanks!!

And yes, quality over speed!

• I love the openess HBG operates on but rule number 1 of customer service is never do anything you have to apologize for later. And that applies here with delays. If you don’t tell the customers a release date, it’s the date part that’s important here, then you don’t have to apologize when you miss it. You give a release date when nothing short of a fire or explosion will keep you from making your date. I realize that it’s not a release date but a target date but a date is a date. I’m being alittle bit of a smarta** here but its all true info. I love love love that it’s such an open conversation to make sure everyone is as happy as can be never stop doing that EVER!!!

• i personally like the target dates. i think there have been a couple of times when the pieces came in before the set target date, so it just works both ways

• Gentlemen,

As I have said in previous posts some of us here have waited over 26 years for actual authentic looking AA playing units.  So I personally do not care how much longer it takes for Coach and Variable to produce a quality product that will give years of enjoyment to my favorite game.  Variable and Coach, keep up your excellent work and take the time you need to do the production of these new units :-D :-D :-D :-D right.

WARRIOR888

• some of us here have waited over 26 years for actual authentic looking AA playing units.  So I personally do not care how much longer it takes for Coach and Variable to produce a quality product that will give years of enjoyment to my favorite game.  Variable and Coach, keep up your excellent work and take the time you need to do the production of these new units grin grin grin grin right.

i agree!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m