Europe 1940 shows up on Wizards site…with screenshot

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Keep in mind this may not be the correct map: on a map in the P40 rulebook, Koprea is 2 ipc’s, BC and Yukon have a british roundel and are called Western Canada, and I think some Chinese territories are wrong

True.  Assuming that this is the image for the back of the box, it may have been shot using an early development or playtest board, as the map and box are probably sent to production at close to the same time.

• Well at least this ends the long time we’ve had of nothing

• Does anyone see a french control marker?

• '10

Does anyone see a french control marker?

only printed on the map

• Soaudi arabia is HUGE!

• Box shots always have US units in poland….how strange.

• At last! WotC actually seem to want to show that they are, indeed, making this game!

The board looks fantastic to me, and I’m glad that we’re getting a better battle strip and IPC chart. Are those NO indicators I see next to the IPC level circles? :-)

• Looks like france uses the T-34 tank mold.

• @MrBlack103:

The board looks fantastic to me, and I’m glad that we’re getting a better battle strip and IPC chart. Are those NO indicators I see next to the IPC level circles? :-)

Nope. Those are the weapon development charts.

• @oztea:

Looks like france uses the T-34 tank mold.

:|

Really? I was hoping they’d use the British tank mold…

• Official Q&A

@UN:

Krieg, the description seems to imply that France will be its own, seperate power, as in it will not be like China. Could they have changed the rules

As I have said before, France will be a separate power, but it will not have a separate player, just like China.  The only difference is that France won’t have special rules like China does.

• @Krieghund:

@UN:

Krieg, the description seems to imply that France will be its own, seperate power, as in it will not be like China. Could they have changed the rules

As I have said before, France will be a separate power, but it will not have a separate player, just like China.  The only difference is that France won’t have special rules like China does.

Ehh. Good enough for me I guess. I should be lucky enough that France is a power, period.  :-D

• I cant wait!

• @Krieghund:

Interesting … I would do the opposite (Vichy rules, of course, not a French ACME). Are we going to have India markers?

• @Funcioneta:

@Krieghund:

Interesting … I would do the opposite (Vichy rules, of course, not a French ACME). Are we going to have India markers?

Why would we need India markers? Just British roundels will do, since we all know that anything on the Pacific board will go to India and anything on the Europe board to the UK.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Funcioneta:

@Krieghund:

Why would we need India markers? Just British roundels will do, since we all know that anything on the Pacific board will go to India and anything on the Europe board to the UK.

But they are cool to look at

• @Make_It_Round:

1. Italian units will remain virtually indistinguishable from USSR units in colour.
      [No suprise there… Bah!]
    2. Unless I’m mistaken, there is a USSR battleship in the Baltic Sea!!!
      [ :-D]

I think these two points are related.  Otherwise, they don’t have any Italian naval pieces on the board.

• @SAS:

@Make_It_Round:

1. Italian units will remain virtually indistinguishable from USSR units in colour.
      [No suprise there… Bah!]

I think these two points are related.  Otherwise, they don’t have any Italian naval pieces on the board.

Which is more likely: A russian BB or an Italian BB moving from the Med to the Baltic without being killed by the British?

It seems to be 5 spaces from EUS-Iceland(Via Quebec and the 3 SZ’s on top), so ftrs must land there before landing in the UK.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@SAS:

@Make_It_Round:

[No suprise there… Bah!]

Which is more likely: A russian BB or an Italian BB moving from the Med to the Baltic without being killed by the British?

It seems to be 5 spaces from EUS-Iceland(Via Quebec and the 3 SZ’s on top), so ftrs must land there before landing in the UK.

Oh!  I didn’t even notice that big brownish-red ship there next to Karelia, I was looking at the Mediterranean… I guess we might have a Russian battleship after all, though previous box pictures have had Russian naval units that weren’t part of the initial setup. :|

• Imperious  Leader….I  went  to  your  links  and  saw  the  advanced  AA  Europe  map…it`s  great…I  am  new  to  the  site  and  enjoy  the  conversations…my  question  is does  it  come  with  a  set  set-up  for  units?  Do  the  actual  units  come  with the  game  or  do  we  use  ones  taken  from  other AA  games?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m