Temporary Europe Map Setup Picture

• You have to buy Photoshop.

If your really good at drawing you can get a tablet and draw them in.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@SAS:

If you’ve got an image editting software with layering option, you could put the map image down first and add a layer on top with the starting pieces.  Have a saved image file with each of the pieces images (these images used come from TripleA) and just copy and paste and delete the images from the “play” layer as needed.

Can you point me to such a software I can download for free>

Can you also point me to pictures of the TripleA units or do I have to download Triple A?

You can download Gimp. Open Source software, and pretty good, actually. And free, of course :)

http://www.gimp.org/

• I used a free program called Paint.NET for the layered image, and yes the units are from TripleA.

• @Captain:

I used a free program called Paint.NET for the layered image, and yes the units are from TripleA.

I downloaded that and I have a few questions.

I’m playing a global game and thus I paste the map onto layer 1. Then I add another layer so I can draw the names of the units and erase them without erasing part of the map. This works fine. But when I save the image, close it and reopen it, the 2 layers have apparently merged since when I try to erase something I wrote on the map it erases part of the map. Do you know how I can save it so the layers are kept separate?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Captain:

I used a free program called Paint.NET for the layered image, and yes the units are from TripleA.

I downloaded that and I have a few questions.

I’m playing a global game and thus I paste the map onto layer 1. Then I add another layer so I can draw the names of the units and erase them without erasing part of the map. This works fine. But when I save the image, close it and reopen it, the 2 layers have apparently merged since when I try to erase something I wrote on the map it erases part of the map. Do you know how I can save it so the layers are kept separate?

i don’t know this specific program, but in general, if you want to save and keep the layers you need to save in the format of the software (it will normally be the extention on top of the list of save possibilities. If you save as a jpeg (or tiff or gif or png) it merges all the layers into 1 picture.

• I believe there is a way to save the layers separately, but I’m not 100% sure. If special  forces is correct, then you’ll want to save the image as a Paint.NET image (pdn).

• You could always save the pieces layer as a separate image if you can’t figure out how to save them as separate layers together…  Delete the map layer out after adjusting the pieces, save the pieces layer as a separate image, then paste it back in as a separate layer on top of the map image when you need it again.

• hi guys!

since dynamic counter would ruin it: first post coming up!

to the point: i have a layered europe map in the works. as i understand modules for regular sw are a work in progress as well, i still found this the only way to have a ‘map’ ready in acceptable time (i’m from central eu, would take a month or so for the actual boxes to arrive…).

only problem is with the layering, in the sense that you do need some basic PS knowledge and the sw itself (or equivalent) if you want to use it… meaning tossing around units and so…

still, if you’re interested, let me know, should be ready around… sunday evening (US time)… expect a huge file… :)

also, right now i m using a 1500x1500px base map, the highest resolution i could find. if sone happens to have a better one, please redirect me… (map only, no units and glares and stuff like that)

(note: player with some AA experience - myself - seeking opponent for aae40 game, as posted under the relevant section…)

Gabike

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m