Europe 1940 shows up on Wizards site…with screenshot

• @maverick_76:

It looks that way for Algeria but I’m just surprised they also don’t have Morocco (from the picture, not a definite thing). But that would be correct, US troops landed in Morocco and Algeria during the invasion of Africa if I’m not mistaken, then allowing them to setup to invade the underbelly of Europe (Italy).

I see this a gameplay decision.  I would guess that they want to Italians/Germans to be able to counter attack a US/UK landing at Algeria, with the two fleets standing each other off across the straights of Gibraltar.

That being said, I think it could be interesting having the territory of Morocco being accessible only from the Atlantic side of the straights.

• Has anybody run a sharpening filter on this thing to see if they can glean any additional detail?

• '10

I had a close ZOOM IN look at this board.  The set-up is 100% fictitious.  If you look at the IPC chart Russia has 10 IPCs but controls most of the Middle east and SW Europe!  Looks like a chimp set this one up.

In addition there does not seem to be ANY French roundel tokens on the board or beside it?  Also not on the IPC chart?  What does this mean?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I had a close ZOOM IN look at this board.  The set-up is 100% fictitious.  If you look at the IPC chart Russia has 10 IPCs but controls most of the Middle east and SW Europe!  Looks like a chimp set this one up.

In addition there does not seem to be ANY French roundel tokens on the board or beside it?  Also not on the IPC chart?  What does this mean?

Could you post the zoom in?

• @purplebaron:

Has anybody run a sharpening filter on this thing to see if they can glean any additional detail?

You watch too much CSI.

• @cressman8064:

@purplebaron:

Has anybody run a sharpening filter on this thing to see if they can glean any additional detail?

You watch too much CSI.

Perhaps, but that’s probably the only way to get higher quality, since they probably won’t relese the map until September 11.

• @cminke:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@cressman8064:

@purplebaron:

You watch too much CSI.

Perhaps, but that’s probably the only way to get higher quality, since they probably won’t relese the map until September 11.

september 11th???
    you mean july or augest? shurly you coud not have ment september. with the quality of wotc and all…

Actually, I do. They’re so bad that:
    1. They’ll release a map after the game is released
    2. They’ll release it on 911

• This better come out 8/24 or I’ll be pissed.

• @cressman8064:

@purplebaron:

You watch too much CSI.

I’m not suggesting that we “zoom in” to determine if the US infantry are using an M1903 Springfield or an M1 Carbine, I just think we might be able to extract a few boundaries (particularly between sea zones) or IPC values.

• @cminke:

OMG ANY ONE NOTICE THAT UK AND MOTHER RUSSIA ARE FIGHTING …EACH OTHER???

No, that’s Italy

• I want a clean shot of the board, now that would be awesome!

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@FieldMarshalGames:

way to much pixels

• '10

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@FieldMarshalGames:

way to much pixels

Just save the picture to your desktop and then use Windows picture viewer to ZOOM IN.  Looks like crap but you can see some details better.

• Yeah I used paint, and yes it is really cruddy looking.

• @cminke:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@cminke:

OMG ANY ONE NOTICE THAT UK AND MOTHER RUSSIA ARE FIGHTING …EACH OTHER???

No, that’s Italy

ru shrue … prove it
    cuz the carier shure looks like the wasp class and the bb looks like the royal oak from revised wait a minet there not even on the right spots, some thing is serios ly rong here.  even i coud do better!

The color of the ships is the same. There is no Italian battleship; they’re 2 cruisers

• @cminke:

hey

Umm, how does that prove anything? No one can see the details of the ships on the Battlestrip, so comparing it to another piece is useless

• @cminke:

what class is the italina ac?

idk, but i think the russian one is more rectangular.  the one in the pic looks more pointed on the left side like the german carrier.

• @Stoney229:

@cminke:

what class is the italina ac?

idk, but i think the russian one is more rectangular.  the one in the pic looks more pointed on the left side like the german carrier.

Since Russia didn’t have a carrier, they copied the British carrier

• @cminke:

hey

Way to go Canada, looks like a 4 yr old wrote on your board.  Preplanning some strategies are we???  LOL :lol:

• @cminke:

hey

How do you get the picture into something that you can draw with? What program did you use?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m