• Customizer

That was only 1 example were there was a substitution available.  I was thinking of other situation preventing hits on other areas.

• @Krieghund:

Jim is correct.  An attack by Japan on the UK/ANZAC does not result in an immediate state of war with the US.  It merely gives the US permission to declare war on Japan on its next turn.

Okay but just to make sure if UK is at war ANZAC is AUTOMATICALLY at war and visa versa right?

• Yes that is in the rulebook, they are essentially one gigantic power split into 2 smaller ones.  Attack one, you go to war with the other.  Same with Japan attacking the DEI islands not held by UK at the start, it automatically declares war on both Anzac and UK by doing so.

• @Krieghund:

Jim is correct.  An attack by Japan on the UK/ANZAC does not result in an immediate state of war with the US.  It merely gives the US permission to declare war on Japan on its next turn.

So much for simplicity.  :-P

Wait a minute, does this mean the US DOESN"T have to declare war on their next turn? Or ever?

:lol:

• @Autarch:

@Krieghund:

So much for simplicity.  :-P

Wait a minute, does this mean the US DOESN"T have to declare war on their next turn? Or ever?

:lol:

exactly, but i think no one will not enter in game with usa…

• @Autarch:

No. They don’t. They might not want to, if they want to make non-combat moves through sea zones containing Japanese ships.

They will have to declare war at the start of their turn 3 collect income phase no matter what. That’s not optional.

• Official Q&A

Yes, it is.  The US may declare war on Japan at that time no matter what.  It’s not forced to do so.

• So really as the US player I could just sandbag and let the Axis win, if say the UK player doesn’t chip in for pizza (again)?

• I think I’ll call this the Roosevelt Keeps His Campaign Promise strategy.  :lol:

• Yeah that would be hilarious to screw your teammates cause one forgot to bring beer over, which means as playing as the US I would buy infantry and anti aircraft guns to protect Alaska and my crab fishing grounds.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m