Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@reloader-1:

The only problem with that, Variable, is that the US is the only country in A&A that has already had 2 unique nation-specific fighters molded for it, in the F6F and the P-38. (I am ignoring Germany - the JU-87 is NOT a fighter!)

The problem would be that other nations would now have 2 fighter pieces (OOB and FMG), and the US would have 4!(2x OOB and 2x FMG) A bit much, eh?

After further consideration, I wanted to respond to this again.

There are only two countries in the game that are FULLY involved in both theaters of war, the US and the UK. The UK got a whole separate power and color with the ANZAC pieces. If we’re looking at all the game pieces together, there are also some very light tan ones from D-Day, plus the mint green ones from Pacific 41, I use for my Canadians or Indians. The US deserves more sculpts because of its global involvement. They built specific weapons depending on what theater of war they were used in since the conditions were so different.

What do you guys think? I’d give up something to have an extra fighter sculpt for the US.

• ok then panzer III

• Okay then, I guess we are now moving onto German bombers:

German bombers

Junkers 88 (15700) - a medium range medium bomber during the entire war, carrying up to 3 tons of bombs. Also excelled as a night fighter and in other roles.

Heinkel 111 (7300) - a medium range medium bomber. Although it was already becoming obsolete when World War 2 started, it remained in production and in service until the end of the war.

Junkers 87 Stuka (5700) - a single-engine dedicated precision dive bomber for tactical support during the entire war, carrying up to 1.8 ton bomb. It was the airborne element of the German Blitzkrieg tactic.

Dornier 217 (1900) - medium range heavy bomber since mid 1941, it carried 4 tons of bombs and since 1943 was the world’s first guided weapons bomber, carrying two radio-guided 1400kg bombs or two radio-guided Hs-293 air-to-ground missiles.

Arado 234 Blitz (210) - In late 1944 it was the world’s first jet bomber. An advanced single-seat light bomber, at 460mph it was almost impossible to intercept, but it came much too late to affect the war.

• Junker 88

• Heinkel 111

• Junkers 87 (Stuka)

• Dornier 217

• Arado 234 Blitz

• Well, the H111 is already the OOB sculpt and the Stuka will almost certainly be the OOB tac bomber.  So my vote for Strategic is the Dornier 217 or the one you missed, the Heinkel He177 Long Range Bomber:

For Tac I’d like to see a BF-110 Heavy Fighter/Bomber:

And for the fighter a Focke-Wulf FW190:

Although a part of me would love a sculpt of the Ho-229 (oh so pretty):

• @kcdzim:

Well, the H111 is already the OOB sculpt

This is news to me. I thought the OOB sculpt was the Ju 88. I do like the idea of using the Me 110 for the Tactical Bomber.

• Heinkel 111 is not the OOB unit. But it should be the new FMG German bomber

• Customizer

He111 for basic bomber, He274 for German heavy bomber

The Me110 should be the long-range fighter

• All I know, is that the JU-52 will have to be the transport - and I am ecstatic!

• @reloader-1:

All I know, is that the JU-52 will have to be the transport - and I am ecstatic!

Are there going to be transport planes?

• @Imperious:

Heinkel 111 is not the OOB unit. But it should be the new FMG German bomber

gasp, my bad.

Then I revise my wishlist to He111 (or Do 217, I suppose), Bf110, and Fw190 for strategic, tactical and fighter, respectively.  For shame on me.  That’s what I get for not looking at the piece before posting.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Here is an updated list (From Memory)

Infantry 1
    Infantry 2
    Commander
    Mech Inf (half track)
    TRUCK (like BOTB)
    Artillery
    Tank 1
    Tank 2
    Fighter
    Tac Bomber
    Bomber
    TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT
    Carrier
    Battleship
    Cruiser
    Destroyer
    Sub
    Transport
    Bunker/Blockhouse

Ju-52’s!!!

• @reloader-1:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Infantry 1
    Infantry 2
    Commander
    Mech Inf (half track)
    TRUCK (like BOTB)
    Artillery
    Tank 1
    Tank 2
    Fighter
    Tac Bomber
    Bomber
    TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT
    Carrier
    Battleship
    Cruiser
    Destroyer
    Sub
    Transport
    Bunker/Blockhouse

Ju-52’s!!!

Bring on the paratroopers :-D

• '10

There you go. Special transport aircraft for your paratroopers. No more bombers for paras. I have been looking for these for some time, now I will wait and see what FMG comes up with. @Brain:

@reloader-1:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Infantry 1
    Infantry 2
    Commander
    Mech Inf (half track)
    TRUCK (like BOTB)
    Artillery
    Tank 1
    Tank 2
    Fighter
    Tac Bomber
    Bomber
    TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT
    Carrier
    Battleship
    Cruiser
    Destroyer
    Sub
    Transport
    Bunker/Blockhouse

Ju-52’s!!!

Bring on the paratroopers :-D

• '10

I will post this update in the other thread as soon as the moderator unlocks it for me.

Enjoy!

(And YES, there are TRANSPORT PLANES)

SculptITART.jpg

• I hope the legs on that wont break?  They seem kinda long

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m