• The main complaints I’ve heard have been about Prussia and Finland, but I’m upset that they took away Bulgaria’s Aegean coastline. It would’ve added a whole new dimension to the Balkans, being able to land units directly into Bulgaria without having to take Constantinople first.

• @Auztria:

The main complaints I’ve heard have been about Prussia and Finland, but I’m upset that they took away Bulgaria’s Aegean coastline. It would’ve added a whole new dimension to the Balkans, being able to land units directly into Bulgaria without having to take Constantinople first.

Ask me, according to this map I´m living in Austria  :lol:

• @Chacmool:

@Auztria:

The main complaints I’ve heard have been about Prussia and Finland, but I’m upset that they took away Bulgaria’s Aegean coastline. It would’ve added a whole new dimension to the Balkans, being able to land units directly into Bulgaria without having to take Constantinople first.

Ask me, according to this map I´m living in Austria  :lol:

Okay, I’ll ask: Where do you live on this map?

• According to his profile its Munich, Germany. But that city is currently placed in Austria, but I guess Larry had a reason. Ja, that make sense.

• Sorry I wanted to write Don´t ask me…  :-P

On this map the city of Munich is located in Tyrol but there is still a Province called Munich in Germany,
    just like Kiel…

But I think I`ll get over it

someday Â

• @Razor:

According to his profile its Munich, Germany. But that city is currently placed in Austria, but I guess Larry had a reason. Ja, that make sense.

Maybe Larry wanted Hitler to serve in the Austrian army since he lived in Munich when WW1 breaked out

• I was way wrong about East Prussia and Belarus. Humbled yet again. All glory to Flashman.

• Customizer

They did WHAT to Bulgaria?

I didn’t even notice that, its too crazy to even occur to me.

The designers must assume that nobody has ever seen a map earlier than 1939.

Finland worth the same as Petrograd?

For a moment I though Vienna bordered Poland, tell me it isn’t so.

Is Bombay a capital?

• Can we make out Norway and Sweden. Are those 4s, 2s, or 1s?

• Switzerland’s 1 IPC. It is soo getting invaded. :evil:

• @Flashman:

Me too. But there is the thin line of Galicia between them

• Last month I was wondering out loud to a Finnish friend of mine whether the game map would (like almost every other A&A game ever published) include a territory called Karelia.  She was guessing that it wouldn’t.  It turns out that Karelia (if I’m reading the blurred lettering in the picture correctly) is not only there, it’s also rather huge.

• Customizer

No wonder the Italians wanted the Tyrol. Not only is it about 20 times bigger than the real region, its worth 4 IPCs. There must be gold in them thar Alps!

Are the French lighter blue than we though, or another trick of the light?

Doesn’t look as garish as the earlier photos either.

All I need now is a closer look at Blighty, and German IPC values.

• @Flashman:

Are the French lighter blue than we though, or another trick of the light?

It’s hard to make a safe guess because the Ottoman troop sculpt in Bulgaria looks bluish-green in one shot and medium blue in another.

• @Chacmool:

@Flashman:

Me too. But there is the thin line of Galicia between them

Oh… whew. I thought Vienna was bordering on Poland too, thanks for pointing that out.

• Customizer

OK here’s how it looks to me. I stand to be corrected on German IPC values, some of which I can’t make out.

I’m blowed if I’m putting the Yorkshire-Scotland border where they have; some things are sacred. Although it does somewhat resemble the Kingdom of Northumbria in the 7th century…

I’ve tried to keep historical borders wherever possible, though clearly not such anachronisms as Bulgaria and Poland.

Can’t believe Switzerland is worth 1/4 as much as Norway.

Don’t care for the German infantry - helmets look like a compromise between early and late war issues.

Had to make a couple of minor changes; Bulgaria and the SZ 8/9 border - don’t see why this doesn’t join the Brest-Picardy border.

Axis&Allies1914FullMapLarryH5.PNG

• …Were Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde types of WWI mines?

• Customizer

No, but Cobra Commander led a crack unit of Turquish Commandos.

• Will someone tell Larry we get the message: Don’t invade Spain, Norway, or Sweden.

• But DO invade Switzerland.
    Why isn’t it 2 or 3?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m