• 15mm - sheez - you must be using jewelers tools! Very cool results.

• '18 Customizer

@Der:

15mm - sheez - you must be using jewelers tools! Very cool results.

I used an 20x brush to paint the camo and a magnifier to see what I was doing. :-D  Its all worth it though when you drop them on the table for a match.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Cool, I did a camo scheme on a russian Hind helicopter model like 20 years ago and it was the coolest paint job I have ever done…wish I still had it.  well done FM.

• '18 Customizer

Thanks for the kind words. I emass a lot of this stuff and a lot of it gets given away to friends but the panthers will be staying in my armies.

Heres a G that survived Kursk and went on to wear winter camo in the same splatter-camo design. The camo isn’t finished yet and it needs a good ink wash and stowage added. I’m working on 122mm Russian, 105mm US, 105mm German and 25 pounder guns this week-end so I won’t be finishing the Panther for another week or so.

The winter map I photoed the Panther on is also one of my past projects called “Ardennes Forest”.

Umm. That may be the coolest camo scheme I’ve ever seen.  I need some shorts like that.
    You have a gift FM.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

is that not just regular Urban Camo?

I don’t know but it’s cool.  Either this scheme or swedo’s navel camo needs to be painted on my house.

• '18 Customizer

again…thanks for the kind words. The Panther camo came as a surprise to me too. It started out as trying to duplicate something a had a picture of but the brush ended up doing something completely different. I could see I was off track but I continued painting the splatter and it all seemed to come together. I will eventually paint my entire mid - late war German army vehicles in this camo. Its too tedious to paint any more than 1 mini at a time with frequent breaks for eye strain on these almost 50 year old eyes. I used a 18X & 25X brush to paint the camo with vellejo Panzer Colors paints. I’m working 80 hour weeks so it could be a while before I complete it but I will post it when its finished.

Looking forward to seeing more pix.

• Customizer

@Field:

again…thanks for the kind words. The Panther camo came as a surprise to me too. It started out as trying to duplicate something a had a picture of but the brush ended up doing something completely different. I could see I was off track but I continued painting the splatter and it all seemed to come together. I will eventually paint my entire mid - late war German army vehicles in this camo. Its too tedious to paint any more than 1 mini at a time with frequent breaks for eye strain on these almost 50 year old eyes. I used a 18X & 25X brush to paint the camo with vellejo Panzer Colors paints. I’m working 80 hour weeks so it could be a while before I complete it but I will post it when its finished.

I hear ya!  It’s pretty cool when a fig seemingly ends up painting itself  :mrgreen:

• Nice Tank!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m