• Yea, Korea…brain fart

• Can USSR and USA take neutral proallies if they are not in war with enybody yet?
    Example: USA R1 NCM in Brasil, or USSR R1 NCM in Persia.

• @crobattalion:

Can USSR and USA take neutral proallies if they are not in war with enybody yet?

Don’t believe so.

• @techroll42:

@crobattalion:

Can USSR and USA take neutral proallies if they are not in war with enybody yet?

Don’t believe so.

Thnx i think the same.
    But we are not sure, teoreticly USA and USSR doesn’t have to go to war at all.

• @crobattalion:

Nope. They can’t even walk/land outside their respective territories (i.e other’s “allies to be” land)

• I just want to make this clear and to be rid of any doubt.  Controling Norway has NOTHING to do with controling the danish straits right?  You need to have friendly control of just denmark at the beginning of your turn in order to move through it right?  I’ve heard some people talk about allies contesting Norway every turn to lock the german navy in the baltic.

• @ghr2:

I just want to make this clear and to be rid of any doubt. Controling Norway has NOTHING to do with controling the danish straits right? You need to have friendly control of just denmark at the beginning of your turn in order to move through it right? I’ve heard some people talk about allies contesting Norway every turn to lock the german navy in the baltic.

You’re right. It’s only control of Denmark, just like it’s control of Gibraltar for that strait. I believe the only place you need two territories is for the Suez canal.

<edited>Checked rulebook and confirmed. It’s on page 9, under “canals and narrow straits”</edited>

• At what phase of the turn are new units placed upon taking a Pro-Axis or Pro-Allied move?

Are those new units eligible for NCM moves?

• @Spendo02:

At what phase of the turn are new units placed upon taking a Pro-Axis or Pro-Allied move?

Are those new units eligible for NCM moves?

You can place the units immediately, but they can’t move in that same turn.  They can move next turn.

For example, Germany can take over Bulgaria and Finland on G1.  The units can be converted (placed) as German units immediately (during non-combat movement), but they cannot move until G2 (because they are now German units).

• Thanks, helps out determining timing of UK TT being in place off Persia to get Russian units (per Persia) into Ethiopia.

• @Spendo02:

Thanks, helps out determining timing of UK TT being in place off Persia to get Russian units (per Persia) into Ethiopia.

Great - yw -
    You do realize in Alpha2 or 3 that Russia can’t move into any neutrals on the Europe map until at war with Italy or Germany?

• Can planes fly over true neutrals, friendly neutrals (not taken over by a pro-ally), the Sahara Dessert and/or the Himalayas?  I believe that this is prohibited, but I have seen some strategies where players are flying fighters from Calcutta to Moscow and from Calcutta to Jordan (turn 1).  Is this possible?  To fly from Calcutta to Moscow, a fighter would have to go over the Himalayas or Afghanistan.  To fly from Calcutta to Jordan, a fighter has to go through Iraq or Saudi Arabia.  I feel that I am missing something…

• @MayDay:

Can planes fly over true neutrals, friendly neutrals (not taken over by a pro-ally), the Sahara Dessert and/or the Himalayas?  I believe that this is prohibited, but I have seen some strategies where players are flying fighters from Calcutta to Moscow and from Calcutta to Jordan (turn 1).  Is this possible?  To fly from Calcutta to Moscow, a fighter would have to go over the Himalayas or Afghanistan.  To fly from Calcutta to Jordan, a fighter has to go through Iraq or Saudi Arabia.  I feel that I am missing something…

No to all.  You cannot fly over impassable territories, and you cannot fly over neutrals (pro-axis, pro-allies or strict, no matter what, until they’ve been attacked or controlled by any player power at which time they’re no longer neutral)

• Those moves are not allowed; you’re not missing anything.

Unless planes are attacking those neutrals during combat move - which would be very silly, especially without ground accompaniment - they can’t fly past them in non-combat.

Impassables like the Sahara and the Himalayas can never be flown over.

• @Alsch91:

Unless planes are attacking those neutrals during combat move - which would be very silly, especially without ground accompaniment - they can’t fly past them in non-combat.

Good points.

Note that you can’t attack something that’s not there, so if a neutral has no standing army you couldn’t attack them with planes.
    However, it is possible that a player may want to attack a neutral (esp. pro-the other side) for one round in order to get planes to the other side of the neutral.  Very rare, but possible.  Looking over the map, there are very few non-strict neutrals that would shorten flight paths by flying over……

• Could you use the Dardanelles strait to fly air through even while Turkey is a strict neutral?

• Yes.

• Link to a Krieghund answer to the same question for those who want a more solid answer than my own:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9031&p=52069&hilit=straits#p52069

• TripleA

Can I build a major factory in egypt? Only 3 IPC territories originally mine right? Or can russia build a major IC on romania?

• @Cow:

Can I build a major factory in egypt? Only 3 IPC territories originally mine right? Or can russia build a major IC on romania?

No to both

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m