• Are any of the new Table Tactics units AA sized?

I thought they were all much larger.

• I second ILs comments, Loose the Infantry. i want my little plastic army men damn it! :-)

• Are any of the new Table Tactics units AA sized?

I thought they were all much larger.

Some are and some are not. He has posted pictures of them by comparison on his facebook account

• Jack,

Golden opportunity for you as France is not cut yet – could you make their set the following?

Hotchkiss H35 (Light Tank)
    SOMUA S35 (Medium Tank)
    Char B1 (Heavy Tank)

Panhard 178 (Mech Inf/Armored Car)

Morane Saulnier MS.406 (Fighter)
    Bloch M.B.170 (Tac Bomber)
    Amiot 354 (Bomber)

Make these as a set, in A&A size, without any of the infantry. This is a test set – if sales are not as you expect, make the “infantry” pieces and then sell it as a normal set, without the air pieces. Win-win I think.

Just make sure the tanks and pieces are A&A scale! The Char B1 should be about the size of the T-34 or Sherman- but no bigger! The Hotchkiss should be smaller than the Japanese tank.

All other pieces should match the Axis & Allies size conventions.

Let me know what you think.

(IL –be nice to Jack! It is a pleasure for a man to have a girlfriend/wife that is interested enough in what he does to offer suggestions. If she motivated him to produce these pieces, we are definitely better off thanks to her.)

• Hotchkiss H35 (Light Tank)
    SOMUA S35 (Medium Tank)
    Char B1 (Heavy Tank)

Amiot 354 (Bomber)

yes 100%. That is the way to go.

Jack i feel that honesty is most valued because your money is on the line and you have a long history of making great products for the AA community. I must tell you what i believe to be true, so please understand this is only to help you. I will buy many sets no matter what you do just to support your efforts. I know you know that. In fact i own about 30 packs of your products over the years and i used your units for my WW1 game as well as my WW3 game.

• I just compared the set of British pieces that Jack sent me with the AA OOB.

Sorry but the scale is double for jacks pieces. In each case the tank is twice the size as my axis and allies British tank. The worst offender is that Sherman tank which makes the current British Axis and Allies tank look like a jeep compared to a tank.

I guess those pictures of his German tanks are smaller than his British tanks. I just wish everyone was the same because it is very easy to see the differences between them.

I am just buying German Italian and American and using the smaller tanks from this set. I have no idea why the British ones are so large.

I must say that the quality of plastic is really good. These will last a long time.

• @reloader-1:

+10000 to Jack making French pieces. After seeing his tanks, I know he can make a great Char B and SOMUA tank, plus mech inf, planes, etc.

Whaddya say Jack?

OK Reloader
    I tracked down prints of the Char B & Somua tanks.  Talked to my guys and told them I was adding both of these to the French tank selection. They said no problem, all they needed to do was go out and buy bigger wallets to hold more of my money.
    Looking at these tanks you understand why the French fell so fast.  8-)
    Best Regards, Jack

• Thats good news!

Hopefully the American tanks are soon going to be for sale at fairplaygames.com?

• soo jack you never answered if the planes are same size as the A&A

• He did. Look at his facebook account. He posted that already.

Also, the American pieces are for sale. I bought 2 packs of each type except British. Some of these tanks are in AA scale.

• That British tank is really larger than the picture shows. This is because its at an angle. It is about 75% larger in every respect to a British AA tank.

The two smaller US tanks are good and the 2 Italian tanks are good. I say 3 of these German tanks are acceptable.

I hope the Soviets are usable.

Now also i understand you also are buying these ‘infantry’ as i did, cut off the guns and you got a new piece!  Fortifications anyone!!

• @Imperious:

Hotchkiss H35 (Light Tank)
    SOMUA S35 (Medium Tank)
    Char B1 (Heavy Tank)

Amiot 354 (Bomber)

yes 100%. That is the way to go.

Jack i feel that honesty is most valued because your money is on the line and you have a long history of making great products for the AA community. I must tell you what i believe to be true, so please understand this is only to help you. I will buy many sets no matter what you do just to support your efforts. I know you know that. In fact i own about 30 packs of your products over the years and i used your units for my WW1 game as well as my WW3 game.

Hey Guys I have been out of work for 2 years.  The wife is paying the bills.  I told her we had to add a couple French tanks.  She was surprised the French had tanks.  Then I hit her up for the extra thousand bucks for machine time.  She just smiles and said YES you well hung hunk you.  8-)

• Jack,

Great news! The french tanks will be much smaller than your other sets (I.e. Axis & Allies size) right?

• @Lunarwolf:

soo jack you never answered if the planes are same size as the A&A

Once I create the cad models it is easy to scale them to any size.  When I get to that point I will check back and get the measurements from you folks.  :?

• @reloader-1:

Jack,

Great news! The french tanks will be much smaller than your other sets (I.e. Axis & Allies size) right?

Even with my scale the French tanks are small.  I will measure them once I have the CAD models and let you know how big they are. 
    I have to get to bed and rest for my trip to GenCon.  I’ll check back here next week Monday when I return.

• Awesome! I’m loving it!

I will have exact measurements of the varios A&A tanks, and the Hotchkiss should slot in at the very low end of that range. I will look at blueprints for the SOMUA and Char B1 and get the approximate dimensions. They are very distinct tanks which helps a lot.

• Customizer

Hello All,
    I just got my sets of the Table Tactics new 2010 A&A pieces.  I think the tanks look really cool and I love getting them because I’m kind of addicted to collecting these little pieces.  They sure are a lot bigger than the A&A tank pieces though.  I thought from the pictures they would be close in size but they are almost double the size of A&A tanks.  I don’t think they would fit well on the A&A game maps.

Also, I don’t think all of the tanks are propotionate to each other.  For instance, the TT Sherman tank is as big as the Tiger tank and bigger than the Panther.  In realitiy, the Sherman was a fair amount smaller than either the Tiger or the Panther.  I don’t have the actual dimensions at hand, but I’m pretty sure the Sherman was physically smaller.

They are still great pieces to collect and I’m sure they could be used for other games, or maybe if you had a bigger A&A map.  I still plan to get the other countries when they become available.

• Another vote for smaller tanks! I think the upcoming French set will be a hit, though, if you make them in A&A scale

• Tomorrow is the last day for GenCon.  Best part of the weekend was having Richard Borg stop by and he really liked the pieces.  Of course he is not playing A&A with them but he did walk away with 2 sets of all 4 of the countries I had and will take the others when they are ready.
    One company Friday picked up a set and wants to talk about producing a complete game and I have a meeting first thing in the morning with another company that liked the pieces.
    If enough funds come in I will press forward with the second set if land unit.  Or maybe I’m just dreaming.  If so please don’t wake me.  8-)

As soon as I get home I will start the designing the French tanks.

• Yes jack, but first sell what you already made including the old colors you had from before that are not AA colors ( or save them for latter)

Step two: is change the size all tanks in scale with AA and in scale with each other in AA colors

Step three: get real infantry units for each of the 6 primary nations ( Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, USA, Soviets )… just one infantry, latter make airborne or perhaps one alternate

Step four is get the rest of the normal armies completely outfitted: this means air and naval

3 planes ( fighter, fighter-bomber, bomber)

6 naval ( battleship, carrier, cruiser, destroyer, sub, transport)

Step five: Contact game companies to use your pieces ( Xeno games, Worthington Games, Eagle games, Pegasus hobbies,)

Get more pictures of all these pieces on your updated website, with all these new products

2 cents worth here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m