Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• At the risk of being repetitive… I’m impressed.

I also noted that you switched around the Italian roundel from the pre-fascist Italian/ Iranian green-on-the-outside to the post-fascist Italian red-on-the-outside.  Was this an accident or a deliberate decision?

• That roundel which has nothing to do with being ‘accurate’ which is an oxymoron because aviation roundels were not used to identify military forces on maps is only used to keep the same icons that the game has, are used only to identify which side has control.

• Once again, you’ve missed my point Imperious…

My point is that the roundel he used caught my attention specifically, because it DIFFERENT from the one used in AAA and on his Italian dice (if you look carefully, you’ll note that the colors are reversed).  I thus wanted to know if this was an accident or a deliberate, conscious choice, and, if the latter, what had inspired this change.  (Although, I was kind of figuring that it in fact was a conscious choice, since he seems to be such an astute and careful sort of guy…)

For the umpteenth time, it’s not so much an issue of ACCURACY for me, so much as it is things having some sort of logic and consistency whenever possible…

• '10

@DrLarsen:

Once again, you’ve missed my point Imperious…

My point is that the roundel he used caught my attention specifically, because it DIFFERENT from the one used in AAA and on his Italian dice (if you look carefully, you’ll note that the colors are reversed).  I thus wanted to know if this was an accident or a deliberate, conscious choice, and, if the latter, what had inspired this change.  (Although, I was kind of figuring that it in fact was a conscious choice, since he seems to be such an astute and careful sort of guy…)

For the umpteenth time, it’s not so much an issue of ACCURACY for me, so much as it is things having some sort of logic and consistency whenever possible…

We will be using the same ones from AAA…  I just noticed that the one in the image above is reversed.  It was an accident.  I have an image database for AAA and this one was pulled from a AAA Miniatures box.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@DrLarsen:

Once again, you’ve missed my point Imperious…

We will be using the same ones from AAA…  I just noticed that the one in the image above is reversed.  It was an accident.  I have an image database for AAA and this one was pulled from a AAA Miniatures box.

Hey, don’t worry about it, FMG.  Everyone knows it’s just the [fracking traditional!!] A&A roundel.  Newbs w/ like, 4 posts come on this forum and think they bring up an origional criticism.

• @Imperious:

OMFG!!! that is really awesome. Great detail!!!

Bravo!!

Yeah, seriously.  That is realy amazing detail.  Beautiful, in fact.  Can’t wait for the Jap Art.  The AA50 version looks like a Civil War gattling gun.  Pathetic WOTC sculpts.  Bravo, FMG.  Bravo.

Oh, who ever gave FMG 2 smites…you know who you are…and I will hunt you down.  Sleep well, A-holes.

• I must say, I was too busy looking at the beautiful miniature in front of me to even notice the roundel…

I do have one question, Is the example miniature a clay mock-up, or is it actually the molded plastic?

• '10

@C_Strabala:

I must say, I was too busy looking at the beautiful miniature in front of me to even notice the roundel…

I do have one question, Is the example miniature a clay mock-up, or is it actually the molded plastic?

The sculpt is a gray plastic.  It is the first test before it goes into the final mould.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Yeah, seriously.  That is realy amazing detail.  Beautiful, in fact.  Can’t wait for the Jap Art.  The AA50 version looks like a Civil War gattling gun.  Pathetic WOTC sculpts.  Bravo, FMG.  Bravo.

Pathetic? Come now. For the most part the WOTC sculpts faithfully reproduce the real units. The AA50 mold looks like a Fiat-Ansaldo M13/40 medium tank to me and not a “Civil War gatling gun”.  :?

Anyway… If this sample is any indication, it’s clear that FMG is going above and beyond the call of duty on this project.

• Not meant to be a criticism, btw FMG, just curious.  Haven’t done A&A Miniatures yet, so didn’t recognize it.  (And not me handing out any “smites”… I do think your work so far has been exemplary and want to see more.)  Seeing as having any sort of Italians is fairly new to the AA boardgames side, I don’t know what could be considered “traditional” for them at this point, btw… (especially since the WOTC “canon” has apparently not been “consistent” at this point between boardgames and miniatures…) But, when in doubt, stick with as much consistency as possible, I guess…

• @Adlertag:

As we say in Norway : jævla bra

@Brain:

Hey Aldertag. How about a  translation?

It means " great".

And I must say; the level of detail on the tank is amazing. Can’t wait to get my hands on the final masterpiece

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I’m in for as much as I can afford. At least 2 sets… Fantastic job guys. I know how tough it is to mould plastic and that is just AMAZING! You’ve got my money.

• Customizer

FMG

Now that we have actual pictures of AAP40 we can clearly see that Major & Minor Factories, AAGuns, Airbase, & Navy bases are now all cardboard. A major disappointment for me. Would making plastic versions of these “White” or “Gray” pieces be a project that FMG would be willing to consider in the future?

Also we it appears that ANZAC pieces are a brown color that closely resembles AA50 Italy piece color. How will this issue be addressed? Will ANZAC pieces be changed to a different color or will Italy be changed to a new color or will noting be changed at all?

Thanks for the great work.
    Looking forward to the pieces.

• I think they should go one of two roads:

1. just make the next set a fix of all the bad pieces that AA missed the boat on

a) new artillery for USSR, USA, UK, Germany
    b) new Kongo class BB for Japan
    c) new submarine for Germany
    d) new factory pieces in national colors
    e) all technology pieces: jet fighters, heavy bombers, alternate submarine design, blockhouse, rockets ( v2 or v1)
    f) new American fighter ( mustang)

1. alternatively work on a German set just like the italian set same types of units, then do American, Japanese, Soviet and British in that order.
  • '10

Once our factory is experienced and this first project is paid for and complete… who knows how far this could go!

I would like to keep making pieces as a major part of FMG product design.

• thats a great looking piece, cant wait to pre-order!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• '10

I think they should go one of two roads:

1. just make the next set a fix of all the bad pieces that AA missed the boat on

a) new artillery for USSR, USA, UK, Germany
    b) new Kongo class BB for Japan
    c) new submarine for Germany
    d) new factory pieces in national colors
    e) all technology pieces: jet fighters, heavy bombers, alternate submarine design, blockhouse, rockets ( v2 or v1)
    f) new American fighter ( mustang)

1. alternatively work on a German set just like the italian set same types of units, then do American, Japanese, Soviet and British in that order.

I would prefer option 2 and do one country at a time.

• '10

By the way FMG, once you have the pieces in hand and have finished crunching the numbers on production cost.  Please let us know how many sets you’ll need to sell in order to move on to the next country.  I’m sure many of us on this forum are willing to work for free to help you promote the sale of these units.  Because I think almost all of us want complete A&A piece set and would be tormented if only a couple of countries are done.

I think one idea to help achieve this is if we create a separate thread where people can post the hobby stores in their area along with the stores contact info.  FMG can then use this list to contact them to promote their products.  We could further to help FMG along by calling these stores asking if they have these items in stock.  I think stores will be more likely to order them if they know there will be a demand.

However, don’t start calling stores just yet.  I’m just throwing out an idea for now.  Let FMG take the lead on this.  I’m sure they are going to need time to build inventory.  Plus, they may also have a different market strategy they want to try first.  Once they are ready, they can give us instructions as to what they would like us to do to help.  But if anyone else has an idea I’m sure FMG would mind hearing them.

FMG, please let us know if you would like such suggestion posted on the forum or sent to you in private.

Thanks

• '10

@Black:

By the way FMG, once you have the pieces in hand and have finished crunching the numbers on production cost.  Please let us know how many sets you’ll need to sell in order to move on to the next country.  I’m sure many of us on this forum are willing to work for free to help you promote the sale of these units.  Because I think almost all of us want complete A&A piece set and would be tormented if only a couple of countries are done.

I think one idea to help achieve this is if we create a separate thread where people can post the hobby stores in their area along with the stores contact info.  FMG can then use this list to contact them to promote their products.  We could further to help FMG along by calling these stores asking if they have these items in stock.  I think stores will be more likely to order them if they know there will be a demand.

However, don’t start calling stores just yet.  I’m just throwing out an idea for now.  Let FMG take the lead on this.  I’m sure they are going to need time to build inventory.  Plus, they may also have a different market strategy they want to try first.  Once they are ready, they can give us instructions as to what they would like us to do to help.  But if anyone else has an idea I’m sure FMG would mind hearing them.

FMG, please let us know if you would like such suggestion posted on the forum or sent to you in private.

Thanks

Thank you for your support!  With the community behind us like this…  we will strive to see this through to the end.  The sooner the better though!

• @WOPR:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

Pathetic? Come now. For the most part the WOTC sculpts faithfully reproduce the real units. The AA50 mold looks like a Fiat-Ansaldo M13/40 medium tank to me and not a “Civil War gatling gun”.  :?

Anyway… If this sample is any indication, it’s clear that FMG is going above and beyond the call of duty on this project.

The Japanese (and Italian) Artillery piece (not the tank) looks like a gattling gun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m