Axis and Allies Europe 1940 2nd Edition ( AAE40.2) FAQ/question

• Can a transport carry one tank and one infantry?

• @Aknorian Yes. See page 34 of the Rulebook.

• So yes, that’s where I’m quoting from and it seems to contradict itself. See if you can help me understand the part “ Thus, a full transport may carry 2 infantry or 1 tank, mechanized infantry, artillery, or AAA unit plus 1 infantry. Doesn’t This seem to suggest only one tank, one mechanized infantry, one artillery or the two infantry?

Carry Land Units: A transport can carry land units belonging to you or to friendly powers (provided both powers are at war). Its capacity is any 1 land unit, plus 1 additional infantry. Thus, a full transport may carry 2 infantry or 1 tank, mechanized infantry, artillery, or AAA unit plus 1 infantry. A transport can’t carry an industrial complex, an air base, or a naval base. Land units on a transport are cargo; they can’t attack or defend while at sea and are destroyed if their transport is destroyed

• Official Q&A

@Aknorian Thus, a full transport may carry (2 infantry) or ((1 tank, mechanized infantry, artillery, or AAA unit) plus 1 infantry).

• I’m a relatively new player - started 3 months ago - I relied on my friends memory for rules but eventually printed out an copy of the rules from online (1940 Europe second edition) and only figured out just last week that people made videos about this game. While watching a video it said that attacking units do not get to go into the casualty zone. Confused, I went into the rule book but did not find anything helpful (I kind of thumbed through it so I will check more thoroughly soon) Can anyone clear this up for me?

• @Axis_Powers_r_Better

That might address the casualty strip found in the game box. The rulebook (eg. on pages 19/20) states that defending units that were hit before but fire back in step 4 of the General Combat Sequence are moved to the casualty strip (to remember that they fire before they will be removed).

That is not necessary for attacking units. They have fired before, so when they are hit they are removed immediately.

Have I understood your irritation correctly?

Welcome to the forum.

• @Panther
    Thanks this helps a lot

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@Axis_Powers_r_Better WELCOME to the gaming world of Axis and Allies!!!

Please note that Defending ships at sea, that are sunk by attacking submarines with the Surprise Strike capability during the Surprise Strike firing phase, are not moved to the casualty strip and instead are removed from battle immediately. The only exception to this example, are defending submarines that also have the Surprise Strike capability firing during the Surprise Strike phase. These defending sub casualties are moved to the casualty strip and they do fire back during the defending Surprise Strike phase. Note, destroyers in a battle remove the Surprise Strike capability of the opponent’s submarines.

• @AndrewAAGamer this is very interesting. Thanks for the input I will be looking into this :)

• @AndrewAAGamer a few more questions - how does the surprise attack for submarines work with defending? Doesn’t the enemy already know about the sub? And if say, there are a fleet of subs attacking a convoy with an airbase in that territory, how can the airplanes help defend the ships or is that impossible?

• @Axis_Powers_r_Better
    See Page 19 of the Axis & Allies Europe Second Edition Rulebook for details… In summary Surprise Strike for defending submarines, that do not lose that capability due to an opponent’s destroyer present in the battle, work the exact same as the attacker’s Surprise Strike capable subs. They fire during the Surprise Strike phase (Step 2) instead of the General Combat phase (Step 3). Since they are underwater and not detected the attacker cannot see them; just as the defender cannot see the attacker’s underwater subs.

See Page 16 of the Axis & Allies Europe Second Edition Rulebook for details… Yes, an undamaged, or damaged only to 2, airbase may scramble up to 3 fighters/tactical bombers, to defend an adjacent sea zone. These planes MAY NOT fire at subs unless there is a destroyer present to detect the subs.

• @AndrewAAGamer thx for the help! 😃

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m