Renegade Micro mini-size UK Scout Car Pieces?

• Wow - the micro-sized UK scout cars are so tiny! They look a little ridiculous compared to the sacle of the other pieces. I almost lost of few these scout car pieces when puting away the game. Really hope Renegade makes a set of these in a larger size available for purchase. I would definitely buy/pay for them! Thank you

• @Vital-Signs

I had originally figured (and heard at Gen Con) that it was a manufacturing error and I still think that might be the case. However, Gary from Board Game Nation in his unboxing YouTube video makes a case that the jeeps are appropriately sized as scaled to the German armored car mini and that the size was intentional. Even if that’s true their size is really annoying and I also would love a replacement. It would be fun to learn the true history of the minis though, whether it was in fact an error or intentional.

• @Hansolo88 I agree. Even if they are scaled correctly historically, they are just way too small comparitively.

• @Hansolo88 I saw that video too and I understand where he was coming from but you are right, they are really just unbelievably small. The tiny size and the fact that they are tan and so are the “deep desert” territories makes them very easy to miss/forget about. I have started putting a UK roundel beneath them in order to see them better.
    That said, if they made a second edition of North Africa, I am not sure I would want them to change anything at all other than the size of the UK scout car. The map is beautiful. The game is fun and seems really balanced in my limited experience. I’ve only played thrice but two of the three games came down to a final battle on the last US turn and the other game was darn close. I do wonder how the game would go if Germany were given regular bombers (a6/d1/m6) instead of the stukas (a5/d2/m4).

• @PGsquig I totally agree. Has Renegade Games come out with a statement abount making some regular size UK Scout Car pieces available in the future? Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m