• See I don’t think it is Boise and TCU or their fans (for the most part) who are unhappy. The folks who are unhappy are the ones who want to see the Sooners or Tide get beat by the ‘little guys’. Of course they forget the pasting UGA put on Hawaii which doesn’t seem to come up much in the TCU/Boise got a raw deal conversation.

A lot of folks behave has though they deserve a shot at the ‘Big boys’ to ‘prove’ their ranking is legit. Of course I find that line of logic says the rankings aren’t legit. If undefeated no. 4 and undefeated no. 6 isn’t an interesting game between opponents worthy of each other that sort of says they don’t play that great of football doesn’t it?

Or maybe that the more interesting thing is to see the mighty brought low.

• It’s good that each year is a bit different.

We had the UGA butt-whooping of Hawaii.  (It was difficult for voters to get an accurate vote on Hawaii because they played nobody all year)
    That was a highly entertaining game, though.  Especially, looking at the Hawaii fans, band, players, etc.  And also, seeing their “awesome” football team exposed, playing a solid one.  I don’t watch many games not involving my team, but that was one I did not want to miss.

Some years the best team from a “minor” conference gets paired with a “big boy”.  This year, they get paired against each other.

• Have any of you watched the Youtube vidoes with Hitler talking about the Dallas Cowboys. It’s awesome.

• Here is the schedule, everything except the toilet bowl:

2009-10 College Football Bowl Schedule

New Mexico
    Fresno State vs. Wyoming
    Albuquerque, N.M.
    University Stadium
    Dec. 19
    4:30 p.m. ESPN

St. Petersburg pres. by Beef ‘O’ Brady’s
    UCF vs. Rutgers
    St. Petersburg, Fla.
    Tropicana Field
    Dec. 19
    8 p.m. ESPN

R+L Carriers New Orleans
    Southern Miss vs. Middle Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Louisiana Superdome
    Dec. 20
    8:30 p.m. ESPN

MAACO Las Vegas
    Oregon State vs. BYU
    Las Vegas
    Sam Boyd Stadium
    Dec. 22
    8 p.m. ESPN

S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia
    Utah vs. Cal
    San Diego
    Qualcomm Stadium
    Dec. 23
    8 p.m. ESPN

Sheraton Hawaii
    Nevada vs. SMU
    Honolulu
    Aloha Stadium
    Dec. 24
    8 p.m. ESPN

Little Caesars
    Marshall vs. Ohio
    Detroit
    Ford Field
    Dec. 26
    1 p.m. ESPN

Meineke Car Care
    Pitt vs. North Carolina
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Bank of America Stadium
    Dec. 26

Emerald
    Boston College vs. USC
    San Francisco
    AT&T Park
    Dec. 26
    8 p.m. ESPN

Gaylord Hotels Music City
    Kentucky vs. Clemson
    Nashville, Tenn.
    LP Field
    Dec. 27
    8:30 p.m. ESPN

AdvoCare V100 Independence
    Texas A&M vs. Georgia
    Shreveport, La.
    Independence Stadium
    Dec. 28
    5 p.m. ESPN2

EagleBank
    UCLA vs. Temple
    Washington, D.C.
    RFK Stadium
    Dec. 29

Champs Sports
    Miami vs. Wisconsin
    Orlando, Fla.
    Florida Citrus Bowl
    Dec. 29
    8 p.m. ESPN

Roady’s Humanitarian
    Bowling Green vs. Idaho
    Boise, Idaho
    Bronco Stadium
    Dec. 30

Pacific Life Holiday
    Arizona vs. Nebraska
    San Diego
    Qualcomm Stadium
    Dec. 30
    8 p.m. ESPN

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces
    Houston vs. Air Force
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Amon G. Carter Stadium
    Dec. 31
    Noon ESPN

Brut Sun
    Oklahoma vs. Stanford
    El Paso, Texas
    Sun Bowl
    Dec. 31
    2 p.m. CBS

Texas
    Navy vs. Missouri
    Houston
    Reliant Stadium
    Dec. 31
    3:30 p.m. ESPN

Insight
    Minnesota vs. Iowa State
    Tempe, Ariz.
    Sun Devil Stadium
    Dec. 31
    6 p.m. NFL Network

Chick-fil-A
    Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee
    Atlanta
    Georgia Dome
    Dec. 31
    7:30 p.m. ESPN

Outback
    Northwestern vs. Auburn
    Tampa, Fla.
    Raymond James Stadium
    Jan. 1
    11 a.m. ESPN

Capital One
    Penn State vs. LSU
    Orlando, Fla.
    Florida Citrus Bowl
    Jan. 1
    1 p.m. ABC

Konica Minolta Gator
    West Virginia vs. Florida State
    Jacksonville, Fla.
    Municipal Stadium
    Jan. 1
    1 p.m. CBS

Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi
    Ohio State vs. Oregon
    Pasadena, Calif.
    Rose Bowl
    Jan. 1
    4:30 p.m. ABC

Allstate Sugar
    Florida vs. Cincinnati
    New Orleans
    Louisiana Superdome
    Jan. 1
    8:30 p.m. FOX

International
    South Florida vs. Northern Illinois
    Toronto, Canada
    Rogers Centre
    Jan. 2
    Noon ESPN2

Papajohns.com
    South Carolina vs. UConn
    Birmingham, Ala.
    Legion Field
    Jan. 2
    2 p.m. ESPN

AT&T Cotton
    Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss
    Arlington, Texas
    Cowboys Stadium
    Jan. 2
    2 p.m. FOX

AutoZone Liberty
    Arkansas vs. East Carolina
    Memphis, Tenn.
    Liberty Bowl  
    Jan. 2
    5:30 p.m. ESPN

Valero Alamo
    Michigan State vs. Texas Tech
    San Antonio
    Alamodome
    Jan. 2
    9 p.m. ESPN

Tostitos Fiesta
    Boise State vs. TCU
    Glendale, Ariz.
    U. of Phoenix Stadium
    Jan. 4
    8 p.m. FOX

FedEx Orange
    Iowa vs. Georgia Tech
    Miami
    Land Shark Stadium
    Jan. 5
    8 p.m. FOX

GMAC
    Central Michigan vs. Troy
    Mobile, Ala.
    Ladd-Peebles Stadium
    Jan. 6
    7 p.m. ESPN

Citi BCS National Championship Game
    Texas vs. Alabama
    Pasadena, Calif.
    Rose Bowl
    Jan. 7
    8 p.m. ABC

• Finally, the BCS is here.

• @RogertheShrubber:

Finally, the BCS is here.

What are you saying? That the other 20 bowls were meaningless? :-D

• Not meaningless, just not as interesting  :wink:

• Okay. How interesting are the remaining 14 bowl games?

• Its all in the “eye of the beholder” and in which game your own preferrred football team is playing in.  I was a football manager at Iowa when I was in school and I will go see any bowl game that they play in.  But as far as my excitement was concerned, I was more excited when we played in the Orange Bowl in 2002 then I was when we played in the Alamo Bowl in 2006.  Don’t get me wrong I enjoy all the bowl games, but I would rather see my team play in one of the “Big 5” in January then play in December, thats all.

• The Big 5 being the Rose,Cotton,Sugar,Orange Bowls and of course the BCS National Championship Game?

• @Brain:

The Big 5 being the Rose,Cotton,Sugar,Orange Bowls and of course the BCS National Championship Game?

Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, and of course the BCS Champioship.

• Although I have always felt that the Cotton bowl should be part of the BCS since it was part of the original line of bowls games.

• Okay no Cotton, add in Fiesta. I wasn’t sure about that. I am not a big college football fan for 2 reasons. They are not as talented as the pros and the play-off system sucks.

It is still good competition though.

• I would say out of all colllegiate sports that transition to pro, the NFL has the biggest talent gap and transition from college to pro.  It amazes me how some of the most talented athletes in college never develop or become good enough to make it in the NFL.  NBA, NHL, and MLB have kids playing at age 18-20! Alot of that is based on NCAA sanctions that won’t allow football players enter till after their sophomore season, but I find it hard to believe that there is any kid 18-20 that can really step onto an NFL field and be successful without a proper college career.  I agree with you Brain, the NFL takes a special individual and the compititon is noticeably higher then in college.

• Okay so out of the 34 bowl games, only 5 are worth watching, unless your particular team is playing in one of the other ones.

• My personal viewpoint is not the benchmark on determining whether a bowl game is meaningless or not, that my friend is up to you.  I personally only watch the bowls that have BigTen teams in the mix and the BCS, just my own personal areas of interests.  Whether you find all the bowl games interesting or just a select few is up to you, the world is your oyster  :-D.

• On another football topic: isn’t this been an awesome NFL season. My Cowboys are playing good football, i hope they destroy the Eagles. I will say this, the Eagles are one dangerous team.

• @RogertheShrubber:

My personal viewpoint is not the benchmark on determining whether a bowl game is meaningless or not, that my friend is up to you.  I personally only watch the bowls that have BigTen teams in the mix and the BCS, just my own personal areas of interests.  Whether you find all the bowl games interesting or just a select few is up to you, the world is your oyster  :-D.

I’m pretty much with you on that. My girlfriend has been having a few “Isn’t college football supposed to be over?” moments lately. I’m hoping I’m going to be able to catch some of the Orange Bowl (GO HAWKS!) and the NCG. Might have to DVR them.

Congrats to my favorite Buckeyes on their Rose Bowl victory. Loved at the end during the trophy ceremony when somebody asked Coach Tressel about the ‘uptempo Oregon offense’ and he answered, “Well we have an uptempo defense.”

Oregon’s ‘uptempo offense’ that I heard about ad nausem up to gameday and then all thru game day. Oregon only managed a little over 18 minutes in time of possession.

Who does everyone like on Thursday? I gotta go with The Tide as much as it pains me to do so. Just don’t see Texas being able to hold up against their D.

• @frimmel:

Congrats to my favorite Buckeyes on their Rose Bowl victory. Loved at the end during the trophy ceremony when somebody asked Coach Tressel about the ‘uptempo Oregon offense’ and he answered, “Well we have an uptempo defense.”

Big10 getting some redemption this year.

That is a great quote.  I like how Tressel has a trademark - the sweatervest.
    Congratulations to the OSU Buckeyes on a big win.  2003 was a long time ago…

TCU is going to the field. I declare early victory. done.

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m