• Hi everybody! I am brand new to the forum and may be posting in the wrong place. But do any of you have any experience with the Renegade Game Studios’ enlarged map for G40 which they offer commercially? Is it good quality? Would you recommend? I see it as potentially a less robust map than the print shop options discussed on this forum but way more cost-effective; if the map has great quality. Would appreciate any thoughts or advice before I potentially lay down some cash and purchase it. Thx!!

• '18 '17

@Trout Sorry, but I don’t. I had a large map already so I didn’t have a need to upgrade further.

• @Trout I thought it was worth the money. Massive, good quality, and I was shopping around various print shops prior to its announcement and couldn’t find anything of a comparable price. Plus it’s neoprene, pieces don’t slip all over it and I think it feels great. The best part is that the vibrancy or saturation of the colors must have been boosted compared to the original boards. It really pops and is gorgeous on a table. Only problem is, you need a really big table! Haha. Hope this helps.

• @Trout

Welcome to the forum! I wasn’t aware it was for sale.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@Trout
    Sorry, I do not have one, I have my own big map.

@BirthOfIron
    That is great to hear! When, if, mine ever needs to be replaced I can get one at Renegade! Or maybe Christmas presents…

• Until recently, we all had to print these maps on our own, and I’ve played on several printouts. If I didn’t have the Bloodbath map (predominantly beige color map), I’d certainly consider Renegade’s.

These are the best ready-to-buy maps, as of early 2024:

• Renegade’s Global 1940 - the map is 20% larger than OOB and looks very nice yet it’s made of a rubbery material which feels a bit strange. You can check this video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooTQwiZrdRQ&ab_channel=Crockett36

• Bloodbath map - now available on Combat Miniatures (a sponsor of this forum). The map designer (Sireblood) has gotten bogged down over a series of minor edits, so keep an eye on what “version” of the map you’d be getting, as some territories and their IPCs are a bit different (Azores, Turkey, Hokkaido, Bessarabia etc.).

• Global 1937 map by Historical Board Gaming - impressive epic map but it was designed for a quite complicated mod version of Axis & Allies, so it doesn’t work in OOB A&A.

• @phd_angel Are these maps also available as PDF files?
    As i dont live in the states and getting them shipped is rather expensive. But since i can print @work for free ( up to 2x4meters) id rather do that.

• @shadowhawk

Hello. You can purchase a tiff file (not pdf) of the Bloodbath 1940 Global map from Siredblood. Check his map and contact him at the links below and good luck:

https://www.siredblood.com/community/index.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mabYTEqvzKc&ab_channel=siredblood

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m