Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• Take your time. It’s also good to give time for more opinions.

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 artillery, 2 carriers and 2 destroyers; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to Guam
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Eastern United States
            1 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Central United States to Western United States

Place Units - Americans
            2 carriers and 1 destroyer placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery placed in Central United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• '22

my solution USA

• '22

any opinion? otherwise I confirm and go ahead

• '22

I proceed with China …

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner My only suggestion would be to amend the buy to drop the art–it can’t go anywhere
    So what to do with 4 IPC? Could just save for next round…but I prefer to drop 1DD and use the 12 IPCs for 2 SS. It takes soooo long to get US ships into the battle that the earlier I can buy them the better.

Also, would send the W. coast tran back to California to get more troops.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

For China. This is a bitter pill. @trulpen has a very effective J3 DOW that allows him to crush most of China before the Allies are involved. Basically, attack Yunnan to get bonus, but can’t reinforce there.

Would like to use the Russian fast movers, but…

Since the Germans did not buy a fleet, they have lots of fast movers. Still could, but losing the Bismarck(in all likelihood) makes supporting the fleet expensive. Probably not happening. So that means G is coming hard on Russia. We can plan on the mobile units to Szechwan, but need to get back.

• '22

@surfer In fact, I don’t like that art … transport do you mean to the Atlantic?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner transport that is started in Hawaii moves to W. coast

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 carriers, 1 destroyer and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to Guam
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            2 carriers and 1 submarine placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs

Savegame

• '22

I put the Russian fast vehicles on purpose but it would be about doing DOW in R2 and stacking in Szechwan… I have to do the math in the event of a Jap air attack

• '22

@avner said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

Szechwan

With the Russians you can make a lot in Szechwan, including planes.

But it means designing DOW in UK2 against the Japanese …

Is worth?

Doubt

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner You can set up for it without pulling the trigger. The force in Anwhe could move to Kweichow, threatening Szechwan which would make linking up very expensive for the Allies.

C1 is just take Yunnan with 3 inf + ftr, and reinforce Szechwan.

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 1

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Yunnan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Chinese win, taking Yunnan from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Szechwan
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Szechwan
            2 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi

Place Units - Chinese
            4 infantry placed in Szechwan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 9 PUs; end with 9 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 12 PUs

Chinese regular : 1,17
    Japanese regular : 1,00

Savegame

• '22

UK1… I am inclined to do Taranto … Italy must be eliminated quickly

the remaining fleet in Iceland … even if there are too many surviving divers from G1 …

in order not to risk sea lion I would make infantry in London as a first purchase and perhaps a mech in South Africa

I need the planes to eliminate the Regia Marina and protect the fleet in iceland…

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner Ok. My $0.02
    a) Expect Italians to blitz into Normandy to instigate Vichy. Not terrible, 1 less Italian tank for can opening. To preempt Vichy and help defend Egypt, 1 mech goes to Syria.

b) Moving to Iceland ok with 2 fighters to support. Would be interested in 1 DD + fig vs. 2 SS in SZ106, or possibly add 1 CA from SZ 91 (if no Taranto.)

c) Only need 4 inf to counter SeaLion next turn (assuming 1 ftr+sb leaves London)

d) Not enamored with Taranto. We have more ships and can respond to Italy first round moves. Would like to buy factory for Egypt + 2 inf + ftr. The problem is where to put the Med fleet. Gibbastion is not ideal since need ftrs to help Home fleet. Retreat to SZ81 for 1 turn? Possible when coupled with attack on Ethiopia, but not ideal.

Honestly, this is where my game needs the most help. Attacking Taranto is a “easy” option, but has late game consequences (no more Med threat to southern Europe) that I can’t balance, i.e. what is more important, being able to stop the Italians now, vice flexible response later. As of now, the Germans have lots of mobility with Luftwaffe intact. I don’t think we want to allow an incursion into Alexandria that could be reinforced with German air. I think that could spiral out of control quickly without reinforcements. So maybe Taranto is best?

e) Gotta sink the Bismarck. Need at least 1 ftr + sb. Quickly running out of units to attack everywhere.

f) Pounce on Ethiopia using Med transport + inf + tank from Alexandria + CA attack from SZ39

g) Engage Persia using India

h) SZ 96…

i) Reinforce Burma with everything, since J cannot attack India.

Lots to do.

• '22

Any other ideas or alternatives? I would still be inclined to Taranto despite everything …

• '22

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: British round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Combat Move - British
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 109 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Malta to 97 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 96 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 91 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 98 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 39 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Ethiopia
            1 fighter moved from Scotland to 97 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Scotland to 97 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 98 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to 97 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Alexandria to 98 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Egypt to 98 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 98 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 76 Sea Zone to Ethiopia
            1 armour moved from 76 Sea Zone to Ethiopia

Savegame

• '22

My solution

with mech in Syria and Persia immediately activated with TRN from India

Then flee to Iceland and try to defend it there

IC in egypt and infantrymen in london, the mech eventually in south africa

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Um. By removing 4 ftrs, the chance of Sea Lion is 80/20!

Need 2 to defend Scotland fleet. Not negotiable.
    So 2 less ftrs to Taranto makes that battle a coin flip…not good! Losing Taranto is a game changer.
    1 less ftr to Taranto makes the battle 80/20 against full scramble…I’m ok with that.

But back to London, now we’ve removed 3 ftrs from London and the battle is 60/40! Early sea Lion is a loser, but only if it’s expensive for G to do it. Sure it’s a coin flip, and probably @trulpen wouldn’t do it as it would put G in a bind if it goes south.
    There is the added problem that with the fleet in Scotland, it cannot get back to punish G for an amphib assault. He could just try again. I just don’t like it.

Ok. What else to try? SZ110, perhaps just sink Bismarck and leave sub. Send DD to Scotland as well. Would only need 1 ftr against 3 SS + 2 sb. Maybe?
    Except Italy would blitz to Normandy, and now it’s 4 SS + 2 sb, and you need 2 ftrs again. OBTW, without the DD, the Bismarck might hit a ftr and then we are really behind the 8-ball.

Cons: We will be open to bombardment in UK…but I don’t think it can be helped.

We are reasonably safe in Egypt

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m