• @Brain:

@Battlingmaxo:

Now damged CV BB units with smoke/flames would have been sweet.

Battleship pieces with red pegs should do the trick :-D

!!!

D@@D!

That’s not a half bad idear!

• I’ve emailed them as well, regarding the tacky bombers, rulebook, battle strip and box lids.

I do believe the jap mech infantry is in short supply, but i was able to make do. For the most part, I use MI in Asia and they keep dying, so the pile keeps replenishing. But I dont let planes die, so the tacky bombers are a real problem, especially considering how many fronts you fight on in Asia. One time I actually lost track of what that unreferenced stack of tacky bombers poker chips represented. I was a deer-in-the-headlights on that one.

I’ve never used the battlestrip, so I dont care that much but I wanted to add it as kindling in the email to illustrate the multitude of documented issues in the hopes that they will do the right thing.

I definitely want an updated rulebook, not just a revised home printout or an original flawed book with errata leaflets papering the pages.

I told them I dont need new boxes, but I at least need new stickers to overlay on the existing boxes. This issue is more critical than all the rest.

I cant speak for everyone. But to me, paying $75 for an in-print game is on the high end. Enough to where I would expect a little catering to if unquestionable mistakes are made. This isn’t monopoly, and I would not want to cannibalize another game for pieces even if I had one to pillage (I have only A&A 2004 and Pacific 1940). At the very least, I’d like the option to purchase additional pieces and updated materials. I could go to ebay and buy extra pieces off old games. But correct me if Im wrong, tacky bombers are a new unit, yes?

As I said, this isn’t monopoly. The game is very complex and therefore mistakes will make it past publishing. I understand that and I do love the game, but it seems that too many mistakes have been made. Allowing a swarm of scrambled planes to defeat an incoming navy is probably an unforeseeable mistake, but not including enough pieces to actually commence combat and misprinting the setup rules seems a touch much.

• i agree with all your anti wizards opinions except the scrambled planes issue which is now the latest cause running through the forums.  why can’t 600 SBDs take out a navy?

• I’ve seen several times a mention of incorrect unit setup on the stock box lids, and that it’s referenced in the errata, but I cant find any mention of it. Can someone tell me what is wrong and how they know it’s wrong? Thanks in advance.

NM, I must have looked it over 4 times and never saw it, but then of course as soon as I post up, I see it.

• @soul42:

I called them (always call IMO) and i was sent an entire new set of jap airplanes.

seriously?  why is nobody else here acknowledging this post?

• @Stoney229:

@soul42:

I called them (always call IMO) and i was sent an entire new set of jap airplanes.

seriously?  why is nobody else here acknowledging this post?

I figured he was one of the “early birds” who got their request in weeks ago before the bean counters put their foot down and said “no more free units: it’ll cost this company tens of dollars”.

• I’ll definately e-mail them tomorrow. I’ll wait until I get the script response, then I’ll call them. I like everybody else feel there’s no reason to pay this price, for a game with this many errors. Like some have said, any game of this calibur will have its errors, but WOW. I’ve set the game up once so therefore I didn’t even think how big of a problem this is. I’ve been a long time WotC fan from Magic, to Forgotten Realms novels, to D&D in general. And I’ve read so many good things about TripleA that I bought 1942. I then bought P1940 after loving 1942 so much, and learning that P1940 will combine with E1940 upon its release and I was sold. I’ll post here the responses I get to the e-mail(s) and if necessary the phone call(s). This is a fantastic website btw.

• As I got my Pacific game on Thursday and set it up on the weekend, I must ask a (maybe) stupid question.

Whats going on here. 6 tacs are not much I agree, but you “only” need 5 (japanese) for Setup - so you could either buy turn 1 or split one group.

I did not play, but experience with AA games show that you have to expect losses (especially in carrier groups), so you should be able to get along with the pieces provided.

I agree 8 would have been better, but it will be ok ;)

On the contrary I think we got too many units for soem - teh Aussies and Kiwis never had BBs and CV (until the very) end, so why so much grey pieces  :evil: :D

Overall I think there is a strange lack of garrisons on the map. - ;)

japan seems the ONLY nation that is war ready - and with this setup I doubt many BIG ships will be bought…

I consider even a J1/J2 attack on the US - going for Hawaii - then south to Australia early ;)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

The problem with have only 6 tacs for start is like you said you need 5. Even if I don’t purchase any J1, I would like to split my carrier groups and also match a tac/fighter together to attack China in 3 places. Can’t do it.

• The problem with having so few is that Japan is fighting a war on multiple fronts. It’s unrealistic to think they’ll only have tacs on 6 territories. And yeah I know the game (and 1942 probably other editions) say you can write the unit’s name on a piece of paper, but I don’t think we should have to do that for any number of territories exceeding 6. Same thing for mech bombers. There are also even right from the get go, not many chips left after setting everything up. Lol looks like we’re on the same page Variable.

• @Richter:

As I got my Pacific game on Thursday and set it up on the weekend, I must ask a (maybe) stupid question.

Whats going on here. 6 tacs are not much I agree, but you “only” need 5 (japanese) for Setup - so you could either buy turn 1 or split one group.

Use chips for planes??? That’s crazy talk  :-D

• Last game, I had to split my tac Bomber between 6 attack, plus i had two other stayin in place on ground and on sea at caroline island…  Not only was i missing tac bombers, but i discoverd one was lost in an earlier game!
    DAMN!

• I played another game last night. I ran out of tacky bombers AND mechanized infantry. I used ANZAC TB and UK MI to make up the difference. Hopefully we’ll at least be able to buy more pieces from someone down the road. I also ran out of grey chips and refuse to cannibalize my A&A2004. Instead, I used a roll of dimes.

Question… The battlestrip shows an attack value of 1 for Aircraft Carriers, which is typical for A&A. The map shows no value. If the map read 0, I would conclude the strip is just wrong again, but it just doesn’t read anything. I’ve done some searching in here and not found any hits, so I was wondering if anyone happens to know their attack value, if any?

• The strip is wrong,
    You can ask for an accurate one at WOTC customer service.

• Call the number on the back of your instruction manual for that. They’ll send you a correct one in Feb when they’re available.

• I made a phone call to customer service and was given the cold shoulder on extra Japanese Tactical Bombers and Mechanized Infantry.

I even offered to purchase extras.  He said that there weren’t any available for me to buy, either.

So there you have it.

(In other news, I keep reading about “Karma” and “+1.”  What does this mean?)

@Dr.:

Nothing anymore. Ignore it.

• @Variable:

@Dr.:

Nothing anymore. Ignore it.

Was that something that used to be part of this forum, but doesn’t exist any more? I’ve seen people talk about it in very recent posts, and I also was wondering.

It very recently is no longer part of the forums.

• @Variable:

It very recently is no longer part of the forums.

Thanks for clarifying. Okay on the topic of the thread here’s the e-mail I sent to WotC.

To whom it may concern,

First of all let me say I’ve been a long time fan of Wizards of the Coast. I’ve spent a few hundred dollars, on Magic cards, and spent countless hours playing in the past, I own about 50 Forgotten Realms books, and I’ve read through a few of the manuals for Dungeons and Dragons. I also bought Axis and Allies Spring 1942 edition and loved it. I loved it so much that I went and bought the 1940 Pacific edition since I read it could be combined with the 1940 Europe edition when released. I was wary about paying such a high price but had faith in the product having read such great stuff on previous titles, and having such a great experience with one myself. When I opened the box I thought the board looked great, and that the seperate boxes were a welcome edition. I was a bit disappointed with how flimsy the battle board was but was able to accept that fully. When I discovered that the battle strip was the same as the 1942 edition and not for this one I was glad to find that those could be replaced and am already on the list to get a correct one. Some of the rules didn’t make sense to me, and I was baffled at how many errors were already found in the rules. I understand that some things are going to be wrong and accept that but the sheer number of things is just crazy to me. http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16070 There is the website which shows the still unfinished errata. I don’t have access to a printer, nor do I want to pay the library per page or write down all of this by pen and paper. Is there any way those of us that already bought the game can get an updated version of the rulebook. I also understand that the setup has a few minor errors for the US, and ANZAC. How likely would it be to get replacement box tops, or at the very least two stickers with the correct set up for us to put on our boxes. Then I went to set up the game based on the correct set up and noticed that there only only 6 Tac Bombers and Mech Infantry units per power. UK and ANZAC I can kind of understand that for, and even maybe US, but Japan? You need to use almost all of the Tac Bombers in setup. I understand that you’re not going to give 1 unit type per territory per power, but 6 just seems a little short to me. The rules do say to write the unit on a piece of paper, but I don’t feel I should have to do that just because I want 7 or 8 territories with Mech, or Tac Bombers in them. I understand there’s production costs to consider, but there’s also the $90 price tag that those of us also have to consider. For that kind of money, I don’t think it’s too much to request the correct information. Once again I understand mistakes WILL happen, but I just don’t understand how this many mistakes could happen so soon. I originally planned on buying 1940 Europe, but first I need to know what the folks of WotC are doing for those of us fans who’ve supported your products through the years, and even those who are new to your products to keep us wanting to buy from you. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I anxiously await your resonse.        -Mike-

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m