• @Krieghund:

Probably not, unless the errors are corrected in the second print run, which is a possibility (maybe).

Off topic but there’s a second print run?  When is this planned for?  Is this to keep the game available for the new Europe game?

• Can British and Japanese navies occupy the same sea zones when they are neutral with each other?  Same goes for USA and ANZAC.  If not navies at least transports and subs?

I ask because if they are not allowed to I would think a good Japanese strategy first turn would be to keep a couple of cheap surface warships off the coasts of Java and Celebs which would not allow UK to land troops without declaring war on Japan.  Since going to war with UK and ANZAC and not USA is a great opportunity for Japan it would seem the best strategy to either deny ANZAC and UK income or provoke a war with them.

• Official Q&A

@cannon:

@Krieghund:

Probably not, unless the errors are corrected in the second print run, which is a possibility (maybe).

Off topic but there’s a second print run?  When is this planned for?  Is this to keep the game available for the new Europe game?

I guess I didn’t put enough “possibles” and “maybes” in my statement.  If there is a second print run, some of the errors may be corrected.  All of this depends on variables that I cannot know or predict.

@plumsmugler:

Can British and Japanese navies occupy the same sea zones when they are neutral with each other?  Same goes for USA and ANZAC.  If not navies at least transports and subs?

I ask because if they are not allowed to I would think a good Japanese strategy first turn would be to keep a couple of cheap surface warships off the coasts of Java and Celebs which would not allow UK to land troops without declaring war on Japan.  Since going to war with UK and ANZAC and not USA is a great opportunity for Japan it would seem the best strategy to either deny ANZAC and UK income or provoke a war with them.

Yes, they can.  Warships belonging to a power with which you are not at war don’t make a sea zone hostile.

• Who was the guy who typed out the rules? Is he still employed? Were the rules typed out on a computer with spell checker?

• Can tanks or mech infantry move one space before loading onto a transport?  Seems like in AA50 they could not, but I can’t seem to put my finger on it in this rule book.

• @panzerjager:

Can tanks or mech infantry move one space before loading onto a transport?  Seems like in AA50 they could not, but I can’t seem to put my finger on it in this rule book.

I’d say it’s pretty safe to go with no if it’s not in the rulebook.

• @Krieghund:

Unlike the UK or ANZAC, the US has no “special permission” to take over Dutch territories.  It can no more do so than it could invade Borneo if India was held by Japan.

Are you saying that if USA conquers Sumatra from Japan it gets liberated to the Dutch, and nobody controls it? or does USA control it in this case.

Also, I assume USA can occupy a Dutch terit (controlled by UK or ANZAC) if it is at war?

• @Krieghund:

@Shakespeare:

If after war has started and no one has claimed Borneo Sumatra, may the Brits land airplanes there?

Yes, but it will not give them control of it.  Taking control requires land units.

Interesting.  Can they land planes on dutch-“controlled” terits before war has been declared?

• @Funcioneta:

@Stoney229:

Also, if the US then, has a functioning capital in AAP40 that is not really its capital, are Calcutta and Sydney capitals too?

All A&A games I can remember have a stated capital in the rulebook. Usually capitals are marked on board with some sort of symbol (hammer and sickle for soviets, rising sun for Japan, etc). I guess there is not a capital simbol in AAP40 because is going to combine with AAE40 and it’s better prevent 2 territories with capital simbols in global game

Edit: I checked. Japan has not a capital simbol in AAP40, but no country has a capital simbol in AA50, so I guess they dropped that thing in that game and is not going to reappear. So no capital simbol in WUSA doesn’t mean nothing. Just we’ll have to check in rulebook what territories will be the capitals, but you can guess it will be the same with a starting IC (WUSA, Japan, India and New South Wales). China has no capital by the way … pretty strange, Chiang Kai Shiek moved it from Nanking near the coast to Chongquing in inner mountains when japs conquered Nanking

As a note, is odd that Nanking is not a VC in any A&A game  :?

Does anyone have a solid answer for this?  is IPC handed over when a capital is captured, and what are the capitals?

• @Krieghund:

Stoney229 and JamesG are correct.  Japan would have the choice of either ignoring the US units and attacking only the ANZAC units, or attacking all the units, resulting in war with the US.  This is the only case in which you may attack only some of the units in a space.  This will be in the FAQ.

What if this is a land territory, say Kwangtung? If UK is at war with Japan, and there’s both UK and US pieces in Kwangtung, then Japan invades, choosing to ignore the US units. Now the US units are on a Japanese-occupied space with axis troops. This seems an odd situation.

• @Tralis:

@Krieghund:

Stoney229 and JamesG are correct.  Japan would have the choice of either ignoring the US units and attacking only the ANZAC units, or attacking all the units, resulting in war with the US.  This is the only case in which you may attack only some of the units in a space.  This will be in the FAQ.

What if this is a land territory, say Kwangtung? If UK is at war with Japan, and there’s both UK and US pieces in Kwangtung, then Japan invades, choosing to ignore the US units. Now the US units are on a Japanese-occupied space with axis troops. This seems an odd situation.

The US cannot occupy any territory it doesn’t control until it is at war.

• @Imperious:

Who was the guy who typed out the rules? Is he still employed? Were the rules typed out on a computer with spell checker?

Cal Moore, its on page 2 in the Rulebook. You still haven’t got your copies yet ? Slow mailservice in Germany ?

• Is Korea adjacent to SZ5?

• Cal Moore, its on page 2 in the Rulebook. You still haven’t got your copies yet ? Slow mailservice in Germany ?

I wasn’t sure it was the correct spelling figuring it was another typo.

• @Imperious:

Who was the guy who typed out the rules? Is he still employed? Were the rules typed out on a computer with spell checker?

ooh, ooh, aah, aah… :wink: (scratch armpit)

• Sir I’ll have you know that primates make excellent typists, haven’t you seen the Simpsons?  :lol:

• Official Q&A

@Stoney229:

@Krieghund:

@Shakespeare:

If after war has started and no one has claimed Borneo Sumatra, may the Brits land airplanes there?

Yes, but it will not give them control of it.  Taking control requires land units.

Interesting.  Can they land planes on dutch-“controlled” terits before war has been declared?

No.

@Stoney229:

@panzerjager:

Can tanks or mech infantry move one space before loading onto a transport?  Seems like in AA50 they could not, but I can’t seem to put my finger on it in this rule book.

I’d say it’s pretty safe to go with no if it’s not in the rulebook.

It is in the rulebook, on page 31, and the answer is no.

@Stoney229:

@Krieghund:

Unlike the UK or ANZAC, the US has no “special permission” to take over Dutch territories.  It can no more do so than it could invade Borneo if India was held by Japan.

Are you saying that if USA conquers Sumatra from Japan it gets liberated to the Dutch, and nobody controls it? or does USA control it in this case.

USA.

@Stoney229:

Also, I assume USA can occupy a Dutch terit (controlled by UK or ANZAC) if it is at war?

Yes.

@Stoney229:

Does anyone have a solid answer for this?  is IPC handed over when a capital is captured, and what are the capitals?

The rulebook has an answer, on page 18.

@Stoney229:

Is Korea adjacent to SZ5?

Yes.

• @Imperious:

Why didn’t these questions get answered?

• @Brain:

@Imperious:

Why didn’t these questions get answered?

Because they don’t add any value to this topic, and should better be posted in IL’s own “complain to WOTC” topic.

• @Krieghund:

@Shakespeare:

Yes, but it will not give them control of it.  Taking control requires land units.

So, after war has started,
    the Brits can land airplanes on Dutch territories
    if they are Dutch controlled.
    Following that,
    I suppose the Brits can land airplanes on Dutch territories
    on the same turn they get control of them with land troops, right?

My question is:
    do the same rules apply also to Japan and FIC?
    I mean:
    may Japan land airplanes on FIC
    on the same turn it get control of them with land troops?

@Krieghund:

Questions like these can be answered by applying a simple principle.  If the situation isn’t specifically dealt with in the rules, treat the Dutch and French territories in exactly the same way as Allied territories whose capital is held by the enemy.

According to what’s written here,
    I suppose the answer to my question is yes… isn’t it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m