Actual AA pacific 1940 map pictures

• @Meethos:

@Veqryn:

Can Hawaii be worth 2 ipcs so that we can put a minor factory there pretty pretty please

Sorry, you can’t build IC’s on islands, with the exception of Japan and the UK.

Meethos,

+1 karma, great catch!

I guess unless there’s an exception HI ain’t getting an IC.  Which makes sense, the only thing we would have at that time would have been sugarcane and pineapples.  All the raw material would have had to be shipped over anyway.

But we had infantry (so did everyone else!)

GO FOR BROKE!

• Customizer

so how long do you think the Burma Road will stay open?

I am assuming Japan goes first in this edition

judging from the map, Kwangsi can attack Yunnan first turn, which means the Burma Road will not be open at all

There could be an attack on the second turn, if the first turn Kiangsi can move into Hunan first turn, and Siam into FrenchIndoChina (plus any transports that can drop off in IndoChina first turn), and then combine these with Kwangsi.  If this attack is enough, then that means China will have only their first turn to buy artillery.

Then there is the definite third turn attack, which would consist of everything from Kwangsi, Kiangsi, and Siam, along with up to anything Kiangsu, Shantung, Jchoi, and anything dropped off from Japan island into Kiangsi on first turn, and anything dropped off into IndoChina on second turn.  This means China will have only their first and second turn to buy artillery units.

I am curious if the Brits will have enough resources to defend Yunnan and Burma (they will be allowed to enter China right?)

• Customizer

oh, I thought I should also mention, its is going to a logistical nightmare getting from Western USA to the Philippines.  I count 8 or 9 seazones in total.  That is so many, that you would have to have 8 total transports just to be able to drop off 2 infantry per turn in the philippines, and then you would need even more to chain from the philippines to wherever else you need to go.  If you thought transporting successfully from Eastern USA to Italy was nuts, this is going to be crazy.  And with shore bombardment casualties still getting to take their shots, this means you will have to keep replenishing your dying infantry.  Hell, with 3 turns until America joins the war, and most likely at least 4 turns before you can buy transports instead of warships, then another 4 turns for the first one to reach the philippines, this is going to be a long long long ass game.

• @Veqryn:

….then another 4 turns for the first one to reach the philippines…

Ships might be able to move more than 2 spaces, (maybe from friendly port to friendly port :?).

• Islands should be able of buy ICs. That’s the best solution to logistics problem: think about a Mc Arthur’s HQ, a puppet government or something similar. At least a minor IC

No island complexes is another “cool” rule that does not add good things to balance nor add a proper degree of historical accuracy (there are more important issues as non agression treaty Japan-USSR), as China crap in AA50. No USA ICs at Dutch East Indies, Philippines and such means you probably get another bunch of KGF fanmania

I hope they make a better playtesting than later 2 games (AA50 and AA42), but I doubt. They are the same company that makes that money sink called Magic the Gathering

• Hi, new register to this site although I have read this forum over and over for the better part of a year. Can’t seem to find the pictures of pacific 1940. I have an older laptop which may mean I missed the hyperlink. Help! Curious to see the picts.

• Thanks for replies, got it.

• @Funcioneta:

I hope they make a better playtesting than later 2 games (AA50 and AA42), but I doubt. They are the same company that makes that money sink called Magic the Gathering

What are you talking about. I find the AA50 edt. played in 1941 with national objectives the most balanced version of AA ever made, and that with even more territories then ever.

And one more thing, it should be balanced a little bit in favour of the allies, I like the game to be an extra challenge for the axis, as it was in real life…. at least in the long run.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Andy_Dandy!  I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.  You’re new here, so you may not yet realize that finding fault with A&A is just as much fun for Funcioneta as playing it!

• pre-ordered a copy :D (can’t really afford more, and I don’t have much use for them -.-)

can’t wait to get it!

Robert

• '10

Ships might be able to move more than 2 spaces, (maybe from friendly port to friendly port ).

ships leaving a naval base can move 3 sea zones- Per LH

• Is there some kind of mysterious force that helps ships move faster when they are leaving port? Am I missing something here?

• @Brain:

Is there some kind of mysterious force that helps ships move faster when they are leaving port? Am I missing something here?

A&A is made by the same company that also make “Magic the gathering” and other fantasy games

• Very funny.  How did you get the animated avatar uploaded.

• @Brain:

Is there some kind of mysterious force that helps ships move faster when they are leaving port? Am I missing something here?

Nope, I guess it’s because when you’re at port you start your move at “land”. You will end up the same place you could when we had no ports and all ships starting at sea….

• @Krieghund:

Welcome, Andy_Dandy!  I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.

Thanx for the welcome, I’m a long time fan of the Axis and Allies games. These new 1940 games are a dream coming true. I wonder if you know; are these new games a limited version like the AA50? I live in Norway, and my local gamestore only had 2 versions of AA50. If the 1940 games are limited in numbers I really have to pre-order them from the US now asap…. These games can’t be missed :D

Edit: Didn’t see a new thread was opened about this topic now. Never mind my question… ;)

• I guess it’s because when you’re at port you start your move at “land”. You will end up the same place you could when we had no ports and all ships starting at sea….

Well then why not just consider the port as being both in the land space and the sea space. By your reasoning I guess you would get an extra move when coming into port as well…… so if you leave a port and move 2 spaces and then want to move into another port you would then get to move 4 spaces?

• I believe LH said that the extra move is only out of port.  Going into port there is no free extra move.  it’s just a game mechanic to make ports more viable to be in…

• I guess it’s because when you’re at port you start your move at “land”. You will end up the same place you could when we had no ports and all ships starting at sea….

Okay so you give up one move going into the port, but you get it back when you leave.

And what is the advantage of being in the port?

• I believe LH said that the extra move is only out of port.  Going into port there is no free extra move.  it’s just a game mechanic to make ports more viable to be in…

This is the qoute that should have been in my last post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m