AA50: Mech infantry as a tech

• being a big fan of the national advantages of revised nation specifik advantages are more or less the only thing I miss in aa50. of course there is the option of using cmdr jennifers additions, but somehow I just want official rules (silly me I know) as in revised.

• well, in that case, investigate my set of national advantages I wrote for AA 50, most are just copied from revised, but ive modified some, and of the 36 avalable (including italians) 18 are new to the NA system.

here is a link, and word document copy
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=14737.0

AA 50 House Rules.doc

• Mechanized infantry should not be its own unit.  As said, each piece represents a varied mix of units.  Once a unit becomes mechanized enough to be considered ‘mechanized infantry,’ it has moved into the realm of being covered by a tank.

On the other hand, ‘mechanized’ does not necessarily mean ‘armored.’  If there were a breakthrough for mechanized infantry, it would represent a country developing a cost efficient truck design that would allow all infantry to move 2.

• @oztea:

Interesting Idea fighter commander, a re-worked tech system with a 3rd and 4th chart, only open to the axis or the allies respectively.

Ive been dabiling with a tech system that locks each country onto a tech tree. It doesnt have to roll for resarch, it just has to pay an R&D fee, as much as it wants each turn, to consistently recive tech.

For example, Germany: for each  3 IPCs germany devoted to R&D, place a tech counter on germany

2 tech counters - Advanced artillery, to represent 88’s
    4 tech counters - Rockets, the V2
    7 tech counters - Jet Fighers, the Me-109
    and so forth

I havent fleshed it out yet, or even gotten anywhere near doing all the other nations.

mmmm personally I think that Wpns Development the general type of breakthru should be elective but the timing of the breakthru should be largely random rather than budgeted

but that’s me… :-D 
    And I will confess: I also don’t like NAs unless there’s a reason beyond a strict replay of WW2 (e.g., no Japanese rockets or Russian marines etc.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m