Hope after Africa or How I survived being kicked out the Dark Continent

• 2007 AAR League

Newpaintbrush>>

Maybe it can be constructive for this argument to look at a real game.

I want you (if you have the time) to analyze what went wrong for the allies concerning africa in my tournament game.

I have not won yet, but i beliave the game will be mine.

Then you have something to argue abouot in a “constructive” way that people can follow.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Ya know, I’ve been using the UNbaltic a bit here and there and it seems to work almost every time it is tried. (Though, my UnBaltic is only the SZ 5 fleet to SZ 7, the SZ 8 submarine goes to Gibraltar as usual.)

By work, I mean it pulls the British fleet out where I can sink it with the Luftwaffe.  Just something to be said about England with no battleships.

• @Nix:

Newpaintbrush>>

Maybe it can be constructive for this argument to look at a real game.

What,  08S1-Dragoon (Allies) vs. Nix 2 (Axis), 8 bid ?  Well, you know, Nix - first, it isn’t in TripleA, which is how I prefer to read game histories (download the .tsvg, then review history).  Second - you’re NIX, baby!  You don’t have to listen to wat I say.  In fact, you prolly shouldn’t, lol.

I want you (if you have the time) to analyze what went wrong for the allies concerning africa in my tournament game.

Ah, time.  It’s tricky.  I’ll do it if I can.

I have not won yet, but i beliave the game will be mine.

yayz0rz!

Then you have something to argue abouot in a “constructive” way that people can follow.

OOOO, I think that was a shot.  Was that a shot?

:-D <– can’t make me care either way!

• 2007 AAR League

Second - you’re NIX, baby!  You don’t have to listen to wat I say.  In fact, you prolly shouldn’t, lol.

lol.

:wink:

• '11

I have played as Germany several times on the A&A Revised and found the following strategy to work for me when taking Africa:

-Use the fighter from the Balkans and Ukraine to take out the UK destroyer lurking near the Suez Canal.
    -I use the battle ship off the coast of Italy, with the bomber from Germany, transport from Italy (loaded with 1 infantry & 1 tank) and both units from Libya to Sack Anglo-Egypt. The battleship should knock out one unit without any problems, leaving just two to contend with. I then land the bomber back in Italy for the campaign against the Causcasus.
    -On Germany T2, I purchase one Industrial Complex and place it in Anglo-Egypt. This might be financially risky, but it allows me to dominate Africa without having to constantly transport troops & armor from Europe.
    -You won’t be able to place new units until T3, but there should still be enough units in Africa to hold out until the Panzer cavalry arrives.
    -I also realize diverting two fighters and a bomber from Europe can also be risky. However, you should have plenty of units to reinforce the line against the Russians and to take Karrelia.

That is my strategy for taking Africa thus far. Let me know what you think and if it is helpful to anyone.

Your battleship can’t bombard in Egy on G1, the UK DD prevents that.  All the attacks happen at the same time so you don’t get to knock off one of the Egy troops.

Also, you are likely to see UK counter attack Egy on UK 1 with up to 3 inf, 1 ftr, 1 bom which means you won’t be able to place an IC on G2 since you’ll have to attack it again.

• '11

My mistake, I misinterpreted the rules on Combat Movement, thinking that each unit(s) that you attack with get their on combat movement. I did not realize all are put together, no matter where you move.

I’m assuming your getting the other 2 infantry from India, via way of the transport docked there. However, the bomber coming from mainland UK will have to fly through two fields of AA fire. I wonder if most UK players would risk their bomber to get into the fray of the North Africa campaign.
    -Instead of the two fighters from the Balkans & Ukraine attacking the UK destroyer, they could assault Anglo-Egypt with the units from Libya and the bomber could still participate.
    -Either one or two fighters from Gemany could instead assist in the attack on the UK destroyer.
    -The transport could still be moved in to assault Anglo-Egypt, provided there are other units to take a hit, in case the UK destoyer has a successful roll.

Thank you for clearing up some of the rules for me. I am pretty new to the game and I am still getting used to all the processes.

• @Antholin:

I’m assuming your getting the other 2 infantry from India, via way of the transport docked there. However, the bomber coming from mainland UK will have to fly through two fields of AA fire. I wonder if most UK players would risk their bomber to get into the fray of the North Africa campaign.

Look at the map again

The UK bomber can fly to sz8, sz12, algeria, libya, anglo-egypt to travel 5 into the UK1 counter attack.

no AAA flak.

• '11

Apparently I need to study the map a little better. I don’t own a copy of Revised and was trying to guess the distance from memory. I thought we were just talking about striking Anglo-Egypt and so I thought the shortest distance for the UK bomber would be over mainland Europe. Thank you for pointing it out though, as I need practice with the game and want to gleen as much info from the forum as I can.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m