• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes, but without Africa, taking Europe is much harder.  Germany’s pulling in 45+ IPC which is more then Russia and England together.  If you liberate Africa Germany’s pulling in 35+ IPC which is less then Russia and England together.  Not to mention, if you use America for the liberation of Africa, you can still send British forces to Russia to help defend meanwhile, staging the American fleet in SZs 12 and 16 forcing Germany to defend Ukraine, Balkans, S. Europe and W. Europe.  That’s a lot of places to defend adequately.

• I guess I don’t see a need for overachieving a secondary objective (Africa) at the cost of undercutting the main objective (Europe).

I’ll just quote myself there, I never said you should abandon Africa in favor of Europe. I just think that going 3 rounds is overkill (overachievement)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Not really.  It might take 3 rounds to finally over power the combined forces of Germany and Japan.  Actually, it USUALLY takes 3 rounds of loads to finally out stack the combined German/Japanese defensive forces in Africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m