• Bush is just Ultraconservative

Ha, I wish. Bush many be conservative, but not nearly as much as you make him out to be. If you want ultra, trying looking a Dick and Donald - and even I then I would considered them diehard ultras.

• Hey, dudes!
    Today’s news said Russia has softened its
    “Don’t attack Iraq stance.” Heh heh.
    UPDATE: Russia wants someone(I wonder who?) to pay the 8 billion(that’s thousand million, for those who use billion differently than we do in the USA :) ) $s that Iraq owes Russia.
    As I said afore, France and Germany are coverin’ their sases :D .
    They’l be a coupla the last to join, to show independence, but to
    get credit for being in the fight.
    (I bid 3 INF on LIB.) - Xi(purty dam shur)
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make
    people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its
    best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.”

• Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., novelist. “When I Was Twenty-One”,(1974).

Attaboy T_6, I knew you could do it(back to 12.15 ppd.)

• They’l be a coupla the last to join, to show independence, but to
    get credit for being in the fight.

I hate that. :-?

“About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make
    people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its
    best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.”

• Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., novelist. “When I Was Twenty-One”,(1974).

In my humblest opinion, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr was the greatest author of the late 20th Century.

• Iraq has let in Weapons inspectors. Now what will Bush complain about?

Betya he’ll find a new reason.

• Iraq has let in Weapons inspectors. Now what will Bush complain about?

Good. It seems like the our campaign of intensified on Iraq has paid off. Good job, Bush Administration.

Betya he’ll find a new reason.

Betcha he won’t. The Bush administration was already optimistic that a new U.N. resolution calling on Baghdad to comply with long-standing U.N. resolutions would be drafted by the end of the week. Let’s just hope that Saddam was as unconditional as he said to be and to disarm.

• Saudi Arabia has agreed to let the USA use the military airfields (the USA built) in Suadi Arabia If the UN says “Attack Iraq!” They are feeling left out of the developments. Yemen is handing over suspected terrorists, Pakistan is doing the same. Qatar is allowing the USA to build military airfields within their sovereign borders. Bahrain and Oman are considering the same(or has building already begun?). The USA and British fighter bombers have cleared flight corridors from Kuwait and Jordan to Baghdad.
    AND NOW Saddam says the inspectors can come back with no restrictions.
    President G. W. Bush said it is not for Hussein to make the offfer, but for Saddam to accede to the demands of the UN.

I say send 'em in on helicopter gunships. Then the Iraqis can’t cannot play the shell game so easily. Use satellites to help cover western Iraq and blanket the area with fighters. Put an airbase in the zone. Catch or destroy what you can to protect Israel. Then cover southern Iraq to do the same for Kuwait and S. Arabia. Then connect the two areas. Follow with northwestern and western Iraq. After the USA and Britain clear an area put in (examples) Canadian, Egyptian, Russian, French, German, Australian, and a combined Saudi/Kuwait units to cover the zones. Regretfully, Some US units may be needed for this purpose also.
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Advertising is defined as distracting human intelligence
    long enough to get money.” - Anonymous

• T_6,
    Saddam comply?
    What turnip truck did you just fall off of?
    He ain’t dun it in 12 years. What, in the name of Allah, whom Saddam profanes every day, makes you think he’s gonna start now?
    –--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Cats are smarter than dogs. Eight cats won’t
    pull a sled through snow.” - Jeff Valdez

• T_6,
    Saddam comply?
    What turnip truck did you just fall off of?

I expect until Friday to get any definitive answer. I am cautious, though hoping that the UN will follow through this time. However, it isn’t the first time Saddams been known turned his back.

• And as we all know, the U.N. will enforce the new resolution? How often do they enforce a resolution that is needed?

• . . . every time!(Xnlhta [blue faced smiley(Xi nearly
    laughs himself to auto-asphyxiation.)])

“One reason I don’t drink is that I want to know
    when I am having a good time.” - Anonymous(Xi agrees)

• France and China have expressed relief that
    Iraq is cooperating. :roll: Heh heh.

Iraq has clarified its inspection offer. The
    unrestricted inspections are for military bases.

The game continues . . .

“The democratic theory is that if you accumulate
    enough ignorance at the polls, you produce
    intelligence.” - (Philo Vance, character),
    S. S. Van Dine as W. H. Wright

Hence, the Democrat Party’s efforts to register
    convicts and immigrants as voters. - Xi

“Tha’s a fac’, Jack!” - the movie ‘Stripes’, Bill Murray

• President Bush said that even if Saddam completely opens his country to unrestricted weapons inspectors, the goal of his administration is still “Regime Change”. What does this mean? He’s a fool and he’s going in no matter what.

• When this thread first started, someone said that the U.S. would get no backing for an attack into Iraq.
    Then Britain stated that it would stand with the U.S.
    The U.S. tells the UN that it will act with or without its approval.
    Russia has slacked its resolve too.
    Then today in the paper I read that our Canadian Prime Minister says that will we send soldiers into Iraq if asked too.
    I said somewhere earlier on this thread Canada would back the states and now its official.
    Bush apparently convinced Chretien (Canadian Prime Minister) the need for action with proof that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is producing weapons of mass destruction.

Anyway I’m for an attack on Iraq, they should have done this during the Gulf war.
    I could really care less if the they sweep Iraq from the map.

• William Jefferson Clinton said the words (1998) and laid the
    ground work, but never did the action. Now he’s saying, “We
    almost got him (Osama).”

“It is the spring of 1942. The world is at war. Three world
    powers are struggling for supremacy in the field of atomic
    weapons. Adolf says, “Blitzkreig it!” Hirohito says, Banzai it!”
    Yanny, the leader of the USA says, “Let’s wait until they
    atomize London, Moscow, Washington, Tel Aviv, Riyadh,
    and Kuwait. Then, I’ll have some cross words for them.”
    :oops: wrong war, SAME POINT though.

Y, The world is not as it was in WWI, WWII, the Korean War,
    or the Viet Nam police action. If you have all the answers
    you want, then Saddam has all the warning he needs to
    use or diburse the weapons he has to the terrorists, before
    the military makes its move.
    You can bet GWB will give the needed info to the key leaders
    of the free world. That way he’ll have an okay from leaders
    (who will then share the info with other legislators and peoples,
    at/near the same time as GWB is tellin’ us and sendin’ in the
    military to save the world from a family of NUTS.

I’d back any president who was leading the way to a safer world…
    even William Jefferson Clinton. Though he used his power
    decisively on two days that leave his presidency in question.
    First, he used cruise missiles on the day Monica Lewinski testified
    before the Senate. Guess which item was the headline in every
    paper in America? Second, he used cruise missiles the day that
    the House of Representatives was to vote on his impeachment.
    In both situations (I believe one was the destruction of an aspirin
    factory and the othe was the start of the attack on Milosevik in
    Yugoslavia.

I heard on the news today that the Ukrainian president said
    his country had 2400 nuke warheads at the end of the USSR.
    He stated that 2200 of them were dismantled, but that 200 of
    the nuclear warheads were unaccounted for
    . Hmm. I wonder what the generals
    or Russian mafia could do for themselves or the destitute people
    of the Ukraine. it is estimated tha tthey might get anywhere from
    $100,000 to $1,000,000 for each missile.
    WHO DO YOU THINK IS IN THE MARKET for fissionable materials?

“Children will not remember you for the material things you provided,
    but for the feeling that you cherished them.” - Richard L. Evans
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A moderate is a liberal who hasn’t made up his mind yet. - Xi

• Iraq has clarified its inspection offer. The
    unrestricted inspections are for military bases.

Yeah, after I read this special “clause” make by Iraqi Officals, I could already tell they were going back on their word. Where do you think Saddam is going to hide his NBC’s now? In civilian locations of course. Tsk… tsk… this is a repeat of pre-1998 all over again. Saddam cannot be trusted.

• To compare this to WWII is pathetic.

Heres a fact, thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians will die when we attack Iraq. You warmongers are so quick to kill these people. You people only care about Americans. There are other people out in the world. We are at the top, and we should help, not hurt, the people at the bottom. We should not selfishly bully every country in the world like every other superpower has in history.

I charge Americans to break the chain of history. I charge America to be the first Superpower to do good in the world. This won’t happen by going to war so idiotically.

Iraq has a high quality of life compared to 75% of the world. This means people live happier than 75% of the people in the world. I want to go on a humanitarian mission, I really do, but lets go somewhere that we need to help out. Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Saudi Arabia. All have people much worse off than Iraq.

Saddam Hussein is a bad person. But you shouldn’t punish the Iraq people for that! We all know Bagdag will be leveled to the ground if we go to war. We’re talking Battle of Berlin destruction. Do you want to stop and think about the people living in that city?

Saddam Hussein is not a dangerous person. He’s not crazy like Hitler, he’s not surrounded by a fanatical Muslim Population like the Ayatollah. He doesn’t have any long range missles. He isn’t going to commit virtual suicide by attack us or Israel.

Why are we attacking him? We’re attacking him for Oil and votes. The Republicans don’t want to talk about their failing economy, they want to talk about their idiotic war. President Bush is using the emotions of the American people left over from 9/11 to keep himself in power.

Go into Iraq, there will be long term consequences, death, and a happy Republican party. In the long term, it will cause more death than 9/11 did. Far more.

• @Yanny:

To compare this to WWII is pathetic.

Heres a fact, thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians will die when we attack Iraq. You warmongers are so quick to kill these people. You people only care about Americans. There are other people out in the world. We are at the top, and we should help, not hurt, the people at the bottom. We should not selfishly bully every country in the world like every other superpower has in history.

I charge Americans to break the chain of history. I charge America to be the first Superpower to do good in the world. This won’t happen by going to war so idiotically.

Iraq has a high quality of life compared to 75% of the world. This means people live happier than 75% of the people in the world. I want to go on a humanitarian mission, I really do, but lets go somewhere that we need to help out. Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Saudi Arabia. All have people much worse off than Iraq.

Saddam Hussein is a bad person. But you shouldn’t punish the Iraq people for that! We all know Bagdag will be leveled to the ground if we go to war. We’re talking Battle of Berlin destruction. Do you want to stop and think about the people living in that city?

Saddam Hussein is not a dangerous person. He’s not crazy like Hitler, he’s not surrounded by a fanatical Muslim Population like the Ayatollah. He doesn’t have any long range missles. He isn’t going to commit virtual suicide by attack us or Israel.

Why are we attacking him? We’re attacking him for Oil and votes. The Republicans don’t want to talk about their failing economy, they want to talk about their idiotic war. President Bush is using the emotions of the American people left over from 9/11 to keep himself in power.

Go into Iraq, there will be long term consequences, death, and a happy Republican party. In the long term, it will cause more death than 9/11 did. Far more.

You can not claim 1000s of civilians causalities as fact.
    How many civilians died in the Gulf war?
    And your right, I dont really care about it.

Its funny, as soon as an American soldiers touches ground in a foreign country there is an out cry for the poor people there.
    The same people who are burning America flags and the same people who celebrated 9/11.
    No one gives a shit before the soldiers arrive.

How about taking care of the poor homeless at the end of your street.
    Do you have the same passion for them?
    Or do you resevre it for non- Americans?

• There are no figures about how many civilians died during the Gulf War, but the median estimates stats 5,000 by Amnesty International.

They did not celebrate 9/11. Show me proof of anyone who did. And I think you’d celebrate the death of someone who killed 5,000 of your civilians, like say Osama Bin Ladin? I’m sure as hell going to celebrate his death.

You don’t care about these people, your a heartless American. No wonder half the world wants us dead.

• Heres a fact, thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians will die when we attack Iraq

It is impossible to tell what will happen. To make that statement is as wrong as if I said, “no civilians will die.” Major flaws.

You warmongers are so quick to kill these people. You people only care about Americans.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You say we are quick to kill these people? Than why have plans been drawn up to avoid the least amount of civilian causalities? It would seem the the surefire step would be to plaster Baghdad with bombs, making to inflict the most amount of damage possible. Then how come this isn’t very likely? How come we want to avoid the least amount of fighting on both sides. I do care about American soldiers, but if I could save Iraqi lives in the same time, I would do it. To say we are warmongers would be to say you are a serial killer. After all, Saddam was responsible for gassing 50,000-100,000 Kurds and killing another 1.2-1.5 million Muslims.

We are at the top, and we should help, not hurt, the people at the bottom.

Explain to me how we are trying to hurt people. Is our main mission to kill the highest number of Iraqi civilians or remove Saddam and his miscreants from power? We are talking about the same Saddam that straves his own people to feed his military.

I charge America to be the first Superpower to do good in the world.

Hahaha this line reminds me so much of Monty Python and the Life of Brian. Sure the Romans bring us the aqueducts, trade, paved roads, ect. but… they’re still evil!

means people live happier than 75% of the people in the world.

Wealth and standard of living do not determine happiness.

We all know Bagdag will be leveled to the ground if we go to war. We’re talking Battle of Berlin destruction. Do you want to stop and think about the people living in that city?

Again, I would like you to challenge where are you get this from. I have seen no possible strategies for use of what you have stated - quite the opposite actually. If there’s anything to avoid, it is city combat and massive leveling.

Saddam Hussein is not a dangerous person. He’s not crazy like Hitler, he’s not surrounded by a fanatical Muslim Population like the Ayatollah.

Saddam not crazy? Would a sane person ever gass his own, defenseless people?

And to protect us and others from him using weapons of mass destruction maybe?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m