• 2007 AAR League

way to go CC and dezert.  Got to fire out a lot of lead.  very very nice.

Yeah, imperious, with rational states, its legal to shoot guns as a sporting activity.  keep your aim up.  unless your just a born natural like me.

CC went way up on manly points, and respect points in my book.  docs blasting off some rounds, just gotta love it.

• We also went to a coyotes game and somehow ended up on the internet

Hey, CC got to see the Jets play live again, nice.

• @Mr:

We also went to a coyotes game and somehow ended up on the internet

Hey, CC got to see the Jets play live again, nice.

That was awesome.  Great to see an NHL game again (i had actually seen the ‘yotes when they played the Oilers in Winnipeg last year).
    The whole trip was awesome.  I think i put away more beer than any two weekends together, and it was great to play some ftf games.  The hiking was wonderful - loved the scenery (sp?)
    now the shootin’ - that was something else altogether.  We just had a poopload of fun.  Since i’ve purchased a bunch of guns that i keep by my bed and in my glove-compartment . . . ok that last bit was a joke.
    But i had a lot of fun and i even hit the target that i was shooting at when i was trying to hit it a few times!!
    I didn’t get to try a flamethrower/bazooka/grenade launcher yet tho’ . . . next visit!

• :-D

8-)

i’m jealous

• @dezrtfish:

The M14 was between the M1 Garand and the M16 in the American Army.  It’s a Semi or full auto .308 (7.62 x 51 NATO)  It i still used in Infantry units for the designated marksman.  It is also sometimes used as a police sniper rifle.

In my avatar I have an M9 9mm Bereta in my right hand, an M4 5.56mm carbine in my lap, and a SAW Squad Automatic Weapon, 5.56mm belt fed machinegun in my left.  These were all issued to me in Iraq and I carried which ever was appropriate for the mission I was on.

they let you keep all that.  :-o :-o and they complian about the ak-47  being legal.  :roll:

• '19 Moderator

The weapons in my avatar are issued :wink:

• Squad
    Automatic
    Weapon

Basically an MG that can be easily used by one guy, and so fits nicely into squads.

• @dezrtfish:

The weapons in my avatar are issued :wink:

no i just always thought they(the military) would just take your gun and send you home not keep it.

• Isn’t the army transitioning away from SAWs?

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

no i just always thought they(the military) would just take your gun and send you home not keep it.

Maybe the photo was taken in Iraq?

• '19 Moderator

LOL… Yeah, that was taken on the steps to my room last year.  Home sweet home 1/2 a mile from Saddam Hussein Baghdad International Airport.

And Yanny, Not as far as I know.

Prior to the SAW, two of the members of an Infantry squad kept their M16 on full auto, these guys would use their weapons for suppressive fire, keep the bad guys heads down, so the other guys can maneuver into fighting positions or get cover. The primary problem with this, as CC can attest, is that it takes about 3 seconds to empty a magazine in an M16 on full auto.  So your changing mags like crazy, not maintaining fire, and running out of ammo because the standard carry is about 750 rnds  Also it’s hard to maintain accuracy with an M16 on Full auto.  Guys typicaly end up “Spraying and Praying”.

When the SAW came out this replaced the “Designated Gunner’s” weapon and the M16 was changed to a 3 round burst.  The SAW weighs more and is easier to control.  I’m not positive what the standard Infantry carry is but I would guess it’s about 1000 rnds - 5 belts.  I never carried more than three.

• I know this is old news, but it’s interesting to see what people look like beyond their avatars and posting content.  It looks like a lot of fun.

I’m just surprised that I could essentially identify every weapon there, and I kinda abhor guns (for what they do, but yes, they also wow me).

Have any WW2 weaponry, Dezrt?

• @Jermofoot:

I’m just surprised that I could essentially identify every weapon there, and I kinda abhor guns (for what they do, but yes, they also wow me).

i know the names of like 5 guns ak-47, berta, uzi and now the saw. pretty sad.

• 2007 AAR League

P90 = Coolest gun ever

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

What’s even sadder is your math skillz - that’s 4 guns, dude  :-D  :lol:

• @froodster:

@cyan:

What’s even sadder is your math skillz - that’s 4 guns, dude  :-D  :lol:

5 sounds better  8-)

• what’s a berta?

• 2007 AAR League

I wondered too, but looking at it now my guess is “beretta”

• that’s what i assumed as well, i was just poking fun at our local linguistic expert  8-)

• '19 Moderator

@Jermofoot:

I know this is old news, but it’s interesting to see what people look like beyond their avatars and posting content.  It looks like a lot of fun.

Have any WW2 weaponry, Dezrt?

Yeah, I’ve got an M1 Garand, A Kar98 (1941) and a Carcano (1942).  I used to have a P38, but it was stole years ago.  I am not actively looking, but I would like to eventualy pick up a decient Mosin Nagant and an enfield to make a good european theater set, I supose I could pick up and arisaka and have the axis and allies grand slam…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m